Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    The Dominoed Daredoll batGRRRl4ever's Avatar

Default What if Batman Inc eventually morphs into a international Batman Family book instead?

I gotta say, I'm sick to death of this Bruce VS Talia on a world scale with vigilante and ninja monster armies for what is essentially a whacked out version of Kramer VS Kramer (1970's film about divorce & custody battle) for their son Damian.

I'd really like it if this title were to turn into an international version of the old 1970's Batman Family title. Let different Inc characters from different countries get the limelight for 2-3 issues each, and keep switching off. Some might even eventually get the demand to spin-off to their own titles, who knows?

What do people think? Is this an idea you would buy, or are fans more into seeing this never ending custody battle for Damian continue forever?
    Pull list:
    Batgirl, Inhuman, Justice League Beyond 2.0, Letter 44, She-Hulk, SM/WW, Swamp Thing, Ultimate FF (lol, 5 of my 8 titles all written by SOULE)

I could see it going that direction after Morrison leaves the title. I would welcome a change in the tone and focus of the book myself. I would be way more interested in it if there was more of a focus on these other characters and less of a focus on Batman himself. Having said that though I can also see Inc. either ending with Morrison's involvement or not lasting for long after he leaves precisely because that might bring on a change in direction and focus for the title.
    Characters come and go, revamped and revisited. But as long as you enjoyed them, remember them and continue to appreciate them, then that character, your hero or heroine, will always exist.

I think most of us have long been speculating that this is what will happen to it.
    Check out my New Blog! Just a random assortment of ideas, thoughts, and reviews!

http://heshouldreallyknowbetter.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by batGRRRl4ever View Post
    ... are fans more into seeing this never ending custody battle for Damian continue forever?
    I think most of us see an ending in sight.

I'd rather see what Morrison has scheduled.

Then they can do whatever they want with the title.

I expect it will end with Morrison's story.

My Opinion > Your Opinion maxpower00044's Avatar

I'd rather it just end after Morrison is done, to be honest. I couldn't care less about any of the Inc. members (sans the Batfamily). What were are getting now (whacked out Kramer vs. Kramer), is leaps, and bounds better than the idea of the Inc members getting issues or arcs to themselves.
    Last edited by maxpower00044; 11-29-2012 at 12:53 PM.

I gotta say, I'm sick to death of this Bruce VS Talia on a world scale with vigilante and ninja monster armies for what is essentially a whacked out version of Kramer VS Kramer (1970's film about divorce & custody battle) for their son Damian.

I'd really like it if this title were to turn into an international version of the old 1970's Batman Family title. Let different Inc characters from different countries get the limelight for 2-3 issues each, and keep switching off. Some might even eventually get the demand to spin-off to their own titles, who knows?

What do people think? Is this an idea you would buy, or are fans more into seeing this never ending custody battle for Damian continue forever?
    That's entirely likely, as Morrison has stated there is a definite ending to this story of Bruce vs Talia. Where did you get the idea that it would be a never-ending custody battle?
    Google is your friend. Have a question? Look it up. ∙ BlogSequential Salon

Quote Originally Posted by Desaad View Post
    I think most of us have long been speculating that this is what will happen to it.
    This.

If Morrison explicitly asks them to cancel it they probably would, but if not I feel like the title is too popular for them to just leave it.

That, and depending on how much Batwing is selling (guessing not awesome?) they may move him there when they cancel it, similar to Blue Beetle and the recently announced Threshold, or Franky and JLD.

And yeah I'm not sure how anyone who's been paying attention (is aware of Morrison's departure) would think the current storyline wasn't going to end soon.
    Last edited by Whip Whirlwind; 11-29-2012 at 01:00 PM.

BANNED

Not to mention this was how v1 Inc was basically.

Given how terrible the New 52 Batman line has been, I'm not confident that they'll give Inc to a great writer after Morrison.

I gotta say, I'm sick to death of this Bruce VS Talia on a world scale with vigilante and ninja monster armies for what is essentially a whacked out version of Kramer VS Kramer
    Nice Morrison reference, but you forgot the "but they've got thermonuclear capability!" part .

When Inc wraps, Chris Burnham to plot and draw "Mr.Unkown-Batman of Tokyo!" FTW!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Whip Whirlwind View Post
    This.

If Morrison explicitly asks them to cancel it they probably would, but if not I feel like the title is too popular for them to just leave it.

That, and depending on how much Batwing is selling (guessing not awesome?) they may move him there when they cancel it, similar to Blue Beetle and the recently announced Threshold, or Franky and JLD.

And yeah I'm not sure how anyone who's been paying attention (is aware of Morrison's departure) would think the current storyline wasn't going to end soon.
    I think at this point it's fairly obvious that Batman and Robin will continue Damian's story, and Batman Inc will continue the story of the international franchises; whether it will have a rotating focus, or a team book dealing with international threats on various fronts, I don't know. You can bet "Batwing" will be canceled and folded into it.

Ideal writers; Matt Kindt, Joshua Hale Fialkov, Bryan Q Miller, Jason Aaron.
    Check out my New Blog! Just a random assortment of ideas, thoughts, and reviews!

http://heshouldreallyknowbetter.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    Not to mention this was how v1 Inc was basically.

Given how terrible the New 52 Batman line has been, I'm not confident that they'll give Inc to a great writer after Morrison.
    Is Kindt doing anything now? I'd say it might have a small chance of getting a decent/good writer, if only because it has the name Batman in the title.

Quote Originally Posted by Desaad View Post
    I think at this point it's fairly obvious that Batman and Robin will continue Damian's story, and Batman Inc will continue the story of the international franchises; whether it will have a rotating focus, or a team book dealing with international threats on various fronts, I don't know. You can bet "Batwing" will be canceled and folded into it.

Ideal writers; Matt Kindt, Joshua Hale Fialkov, Bryan Q Miller, Jason Aaron.
    Ha we both know Aaron isn't happening, although that would be awesome. I'd love to see any of the other 3 on it though.

Although I can already imagine if BQM got the job.

"So we want you to write Batman Inc. Now, before you get excited-"
    "omg omg this is so great! does that mean I can-"
    "No."
    "But she's-"
    "Nonexistent in the current continuity?"
    " :( "
    Last edited by Whip Whirlwind; 11-29-2012 at 01:29 PM.

There's ample evidence to conclude that the title will continue after Morrison leaves. And, sorry, but the idea that they would cancel a successful title just on Morrison's say so is, quite frankly, laughable.

depending on how much Batwing is selling (guessing not awesome?) they may move him there when they cancel it, similar to Blue Beetle and the recently announced Threshold, or Franky and JLD.
    On the other hand, that's a very good and likely guess.

Can't say I'm overly optimistic on how long the title would continue without Morrison, though. Unlike the Batman & Robin title, I'm not sure there's enough interest in these international Batman "wannabes" to keep it going more than 12-18 issues after Morrison leaves. I could be completely wrong about that, though. (But I'm pretty sure I won't be buying it.)
    Jim Zimmerman
    Co-moderator, CBR Batman Forum

I'd certainly try it if the book continued after Morrison left, if it became a sort of Batman and the Outsiders kind of book I could see myself digging it.

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    I'd certainly try it if the book continued after Morrison left, if it became a sort of Batman and the Outsiders kind of book I could see myself digging it.
    Well, I think there's a big difference in concept between Batman, Inc. and BATO. The latter could be interesting, depending on the team make-up and creative team. I'm just not personally that invested in a team of international Batman lookalikes. I'm afraid it would take a writer I really like to even make me willing to sample it. (But I'm willing to concede that others may feel entirely different.)
    Jim Zimmerman
    Co-moderator, CBR Batman Forum

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    Exactly.

If Morrison explicitly asks them to cancel it they probably would,
    I don't see this happening. I doubt he cares one way or the other really.