Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CHEW ON THIS: A Wedding Turns To Funeral

This week, readers of John Layman and Rob Guillory's "Chew" discover a shocking turn in the series' midway point issue #30, as Layman explains to CBR what the gruesome issue means for the book's future.

Full article here.

really? the Spoiler is in the title of the article. you no on the front page of CBR, geez PLease fix. I am not reading the Article!!!!
    "Calm down, call Batman." - Greg Capullo

This issue was rough. Bleeding Cool already warned me that it was going to be a shocking issue but nothing prepared me for that. Can't wait for the TV show to move ahead.
    In war the elders may give the orders, but it's the young who have to fight.

Such an amazing issue. If I saw this post before I read it I would have been inconsolable. This thread should be deleted

Wow it really was shocking also Caesar and Toni go way back hilariously.
    Black History Month & 29 Days in February

No point in spoiler warnings if the title itself is the spoiler, is there?

I think since the cover of #31 has been out for some time which clearly shows a gravesite they probably didn't think letting people know there was going to be a funeral was any type of spoiler. In fact, if you read #29 it was pretty clear someone was gonna die. Now the matter of WHO actually dies was quite a shock to me, and I didn't see them spoil that. So I wouldn't say it's such a clear violation of the "spoiler law". The solicit for #31 even states "The second half of CHEW starts here. With a funeral". So while I totally see if you had avoided all of that you might consider this title a spoiler, it's been pretty hard to avoid the fact that somebody's death was imminent if you're a regular follower of this title.

The crazy thing is, spoilers:
    isn't that Toni looking down into the gravesite in the cover for #31? Not putting the image here but it's easily googleable. I thought FOR SURE it was gonna be Paneer that bought the farm.
    end of spoilers
    PULL: Chew, Walking Dead, Saga, Batman, Lil' Gotham, Bedlam, Hellboy in Hell, Jupiter's Legacy, East of West, The Wake, Sex, Trillium, Miracleman, Sandman Overture, Rocket Girl, Sex Criminals