Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 98
  1. #61
    Immortal. So far so good! Treqqor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Canadian, eh
    Posts
    2,267

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jesse_custer View Post
    I will admit, however, that it's a bit strange that Gunn has directed a kid's film.
    Walt Disney was apparently a racist (I never met him, it's what I've read).

    He still made kids films that generations adore.

    It's easy to separate the art from the artist when you don't have an agenda. But the moment an agenda pops up, look out.

  2. #62
    Elder Member jesse_custer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Mississippi
    Posts
    20,646

    Default

    Just saying, it's kinda funny that my step-daughter was talking about Gunn's movie yesterday, then today I read about him fucking comic book characters.

  3. #63
    Best In The World Legato's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    84,340

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jesse_custer View Post
    Just saying, it's kinda funny that my step-daughter was talking about Gunn's movie yesterday, then today I read about him fucking comic book characters.
    Someday some comedian or talk show host is going to do a comedy skit on this
    "It isn't jumping the shark if you never come back down." Chuck

  4. #64
    Senior Member Dr Will Hatch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    2,864

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Treqqor View Post
    Walt Disney was apparently a racist (I never met him, it's what I've read).

    He still made kids films that generations adore.

    It's easy to separate the art from the artist when you don't have an agenda. But the moment an agenda pops up, look out.
    If you're talking about Disney's supposed Antisemitism, that's a gross exaggeration at best.

  5. #65

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jesse_custer View Post
    I will admit, however, that it's a bit strange that Gunn has directed a kid's film.
    Ever heard of this guy called Bob Saget? Comic with a very profane approach who indulged sexually-themed subject matter. Oh, yeah, he was also "the dad" on that "wholesome" prime time sitcom Full House with the little Olsen girls (who are now big) and "Uncle Jessie" (John Stamos)!

    This whole deal with Gunn is typical of a guy who just likes to joke around. Just because you can look it up on the InterWeb shouldn't make any difference.

  6. #66
    Best In The World Legato's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    84,340

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by verslibre View Post
    Ever heard of this guy called Bob Saget? Comic with a very profane approach who indulged sexually-themed subject matter. Oh, yeah, he was also "the dad" on that "wholesome" prime time sitcom Full House with the little Olsen girls (who are now big) and "Uncle Jessie" (John Stamos)!

    This whole deal with Gunn is typical of a guy who just likes to joke around. Just because you can look it up on the InterWeb shouldn't make any difference.
    I've seen Saget's stand up work and the fact that he can go from THAT to Danny Tanner from Full House made me appreciate how he can manage to change his whole image just to make the role work
    "It isn't jumping the shark if you never come back down." Chuck

  7. #67

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    I've seen Saget's stand up work and the fact that he can go from THAT to Danny Tanner from Full House made me appreciate how he can manage to change his whole image just to make the role work
    Nobody complained, either. At I least don't remember anybody whining about it. That show ruled the prime time sitcom roost for a bit, too.
    Last edited by verslibre; 11-30-2012 at 05:43 PM. Reason: Type-ohhs.

  8. #68
    Best In The World Legato's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    84,340

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by verslibre View Post
    Nobody complained, either. At I least remember anybody whining about. That show ruled the prime time sitcom roost for a bit, too.
    The only complaing of Bob Saget I've heard is during his run as a host of Americas Funniest Home Videos. Given the format of the show I really don't blame him as theres nothing much he can do
    "It isn't jumping the shark if you never come back down." Chuck

  9. #69
    Gone
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Outside looking in
    Posts
    14,270

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by verslibre View Post
    This whole deal with Gunn is typical of a guy who just likes to joke around.
    The very first entry about fans hoping for WW to lasso their penises should have given it away.

  10. #70

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eliseu Gouveia View Post
    The very first entry about fans hoping for WW to lasso their penises should have given it away.
    I need a cold shower!!!!

  11. #71
    BANNED kmeyers's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    In madness we dwell
    Posts
    5,255

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by verslibre View Post
    Ever heard of this guy called Bob Saget? Comic with a very profane approach who indulged sexually-themed subject matter. Oh, yeah, he was also "the dad" on that "wholesome" prime time sitcom Full House with the little Olsen girls (who are now big) and "Uncle Jessie" (John Stamos)!

    This whole deal with Gunn is typical of a guy who just likes to joke around. Just because you can look it up on the InterWeb shouldn't make any difference.
    This scene makes me laugh every time...

  12. #72

    Default

    LOL!

    10char

  13. #73
    Elder Member dupersuper's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    30,850

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by verslibre View Post
    Nobody complained, either.
    I don't think any one knew. It wasn't until watching The Aristocrats that I saw how dirty he was...that was, what, 5, 10 years after the shows had gone off the air?
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

  14. #74
    Veteran Member Simbob4000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    6,946

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dupersuper View Post
    I don't think any one knew. It wasn't until watching The Aristocrats that I saw how dirty he was...that was, what, 5, 10 years after the shows had gone off the air?
    I think pretty much everyone knew, stand-up was pretty big on tv for awhile in the 90s, and you could see him doing his act on tv then.

  15. #75
    Elder Member dupersuper's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    30,850

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Simbob4000 View Post
    I think pretty much everyone knew, stand-up was pretty big on tv for awhile in the 90s, and you could see him doing his act on tv then.
    I doubt his uncensored act got on Evening at the Improv...
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •