Default What happens to the Fraternity of Raptors?

Remember when DnA wrote all those cool cosmic stories about the Fragnity of Raptors?

They made up Talon, Razor and Gyre (who took over Dark Hawk's body). This Fragnity of Raptors of which Mentor and Plutonia of the Imperial Guard volunteerd to become members?

Remeber their 'big master plan'?

We never learned what Talon was up to and how they would do this. What happened to Gyre after Darkhawk separated Gyre from his host body? We do not know what happened to Kyte (Plutonia), en Strel (Mentor) as well.

I had the feeling DnA were working to a climax. Now they left the cosmic line of marvel and it seems to be totally forgotten. It was building up to something and now we're left in the dark :-(

It basically got dropped around The Thanos Imperative, which effectively ended DnA's strain of cosmic Marvel. Darkhawk appeared in the last few issues of Nova and the Raptors were mentioned, but there was no real exploration of the group or their goals in that storyline. So, consider them (sadly) consigned to limbo.

Well Marvel did pretty much ditch their cosmic scene after Thanos Imperative, so I'm not surprised that it hasn't been picked up yet. Hopefully the new Darkhawk post-Arena gets to pick up that storyline.
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.

It's Fraternity. Had to. Sorry.
    Power - Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely. But it rocks absolutely, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Zembo View Post
    Didn't even see that typo.
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.

Disciple of En Sabah Nur Harbinger of Apocalypse's Avatar

Heh, I didn't notice the mistake myself. Looked at the title and my head kind of automatically thought Fraternity without looking at the spelling.

Anyway, sadly, I think they are consigned to limbo. Seemed like a decent plotline was being developed with them and I must confess I find it an interesting retelling of the Darkhawk mythos by linking it with the Shi'ar. Never could get into the Darkhawk mythos until I saw the DnA reinvention of it. Its why I feel they should make a new S.W.O.R.D. series with multiple characters with ties to alien races like Carol Danvers and Darkhawk so we can get some cosmic goodness. But alas... seems like its not the case and Darkhawk along with his newly developed history is consigned to the void of limbo. A shame really.
    I am Apocalypse! Look upon the future and tremble!
    I am as far beyond Mutants as they are beyond you. I am eternal.
    Evil? I am not malevolent, I simply am!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Harbinger of Apocalypse View Post
    Heh, I didn't notice the mistake myself. Looked at the title and my head kind of automatically thought Fraternity without looking at the spelling.

Anyway, sadly, I think they are consigned to limbo. Seemed like a decent plotline was being developed with them and I must confess I find it an interesting retelling of the Darkhawk mythos by linking it with the Shi'ar. Never could get into the Darkhawk mythos until I saw the DnA reinvention of it. Its why I feel they should make a new S.W.O.R.D. series with multiple characters with ties to alien races like Carol Danvers and Darkhawk so we can get some cosmic goodness. But alas... seems like its not the case and Darkhawk along with his newly developed history is consigned to the void of limbo. A shame really.
    That or be placed in KIA department in Hunger Games Avengers Academy.

Quote Originally Posted by Zembo View Post
    It was killing me too.
    I like swords.

Long Live the Legion Zero Hunter's Avatar

As powerful as the Raptors are I hope that they are used again sometime down the line. I mean each one is a walking death machine and there were hundreds of Raptor amulets shown in the Darkhawk mini series. I would love to see a full blown onslaught of the entire reborn Fraternity sometime down the road. Plus there is the hanging subplot of "Darkhawk" being wanted for the murder of the Shiar queen. Until they are seen again I am just going to assume Talon or Gyre is out there finding new hosts for the amulets and rebuilding the Fraternity.

Maybe the new Guardians books could pick this up down the line.
    Last edited by Zero Hunter; 11-29-2012 at 02:12 PM.

I would like to see the story pick up on, but Marvel's current cosmic writers are unlikely to actually use them in a way where they scratch the story telling potential that was hinted at.

Guardians of the Galaxy would perhaps be a good place for them to return but really I think the Darkhawk link to them is what makes them more interesting. And without Darkhawk, they might just be another band of faceless mooks who get beaten. I don't see them as being a huge cosmic menace but there is potential for perhaps a cosmic conspiracy with them. Seeing them operating in the shadows and manipulating things instead of being some big cosmic bruiser.

Quote Originally Posted by Harbinger of Apocalypse View Post
    Guardians of the Galaxy would perhaps be a good place for them to return but really I think the Darkhawk link to them is what makes them more interesting. And without Darkhawk, they might just be another band of faceless mooks who get beaten. I don't see them as being a huge cosmic menace but there is potential for perhaps a cosmic conspiracy with them. Seeing them operating in the shadows and manipulating things instead of being some big cosmic bruiser.
    Actually, considering their relationship with the Shi'ar, I would think they'd make decent foes for either a space visiting X-Men team or the Avengers since it sounds like Hickman is planning on including one of the Imperial Guard.

Quote Originally Posted by Wellman View Post
    Actually, considering their relationship with the Shi'ar, I would think they'd make decent foes for either a space visiting X-Men team or the Avengers since it sounds like Hickman is planning on including one of the Imperial Guard.
    Hmmm, hopefully they actually do show them in either title. Not so sure though if Avengers will tackle it but there must be a good reason Hickman added a Shi'ar guardsmen to the team so we might get some delving into the Shi'ar empire maybe. If so, I wouldn't mind that so long as the Fraternity are not butchered or something. They have the nice elements of a grand conspiracy. Only problem is that i don't see Darkhawk featuring in any story with them if they appear in X-Men or Avengers. Hope though at the least that they feature again.