Page 24 of 31 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Thanks misslane those giffs are awesome. This movie is not dark at all. At least not dark in the sense most people think.

Quote Originally Posted by Francisco View Post
    Thanks misslane those giffs are awesome. This movie is not dark at all. At least not dark in the sense most people think.
    You're welcome! What I hope, or suspect about the movie, is that whatever darkness there is, it's there so we can appreciate the light that much more, and it encourages the audience to appreciate how light can be found in the darkest of times. And who knows? This is one movie that I'm sure the filmmakers and studio would love to be part one of a trilogy, so there is plenty of time to show an evolution of the character and his world by evolving the visuals over time for symbolic effect.

Quote Originally Posted by misslane38 View Post
    You're welcome! What I hope, or suspect about the movie, is that whatever darkness there is, it's there so we can appreciate the light that much more, and it encourages the audience to appreciate how light can be found in the darkest of times. And who knows? This is one movie that I'm sure the filmmakers and studio would love to be part one of a trilogy, so there is plenty of time to show an evolution of the character and his world by evolving the visuals over time for symbolic effect.
    Yup. That's exactly the way I see it.

It's a very typical dark muted color scheme. Bright is Speed Racer. Generic is MOS.
    Doomed Planet. Desperate Scientists. Last Hope. Kindly Couple.

The muted dark colors reminds me of Superman Returns. But that seems to be the norm these days for DC movies. Not sure if its going to work for Superman though.

Inf‚me et fier de l'Ítre Auguste Dupin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kurosawa View Post
    It's a very typical dark muted color scheme. Bright is Speed Racer. Generic is MOS.
    Considering the epic commercial bomb Speed Racer (the movie, I take it) ended up being, I'm not sure they are ever going that road again (and honestly Speed Racer was too much. I felt kinda sick just by watching the trailers).
    "I'm going to paraphrase Nietzsche, when you judge a work, the work judges you."

Is Man of Steel doomed?

http://www.n77d58w76d19.com/

No.
    DC: Action Comics - Detective Comics - Batman and... - Batman - Justice League
    Marvel: All-New X-Factor

the original superhero

Quote Originally Posted by Namtab View Post
    Is Man of Steel doomed?

http://www.n77d58w76d19.com/

No.

Haha I was about to do this.

I think a large problem with the movie is its being made/released at a time (new 52) were Superman has been for lack of a better word ruined. So this movie is like a last hope for diehard fans and they do not want there favorite hero get a dark moody reboot.

Quote Originally Posted by Inkink View Post
    I think a large problem with the movie is its being made/released at a time (new 52) were Superman has been for lack of a better word ruined. So this movie is like a last hope for diehard fans and they do not want there favorite hero get a dark moody reboot.
    Ruined? Yeah, totally, the New 52 did that, not the Marvel-isation of the character by Byrne or scenes like this.

Morrison's Action is fantastic, and the Superman title is really being turned around. Given that we're going to get Diggle and Snyder also working on the Superman books, it seems like a great time to be a Superman fan.

I think a bigger question is will the movie be enough to build the new DC films like Justice League around? Judging from the second trailer, I'm guessing not at this stage.

Who knows? But I'm guessing MOS will be pretty big, which will launch DC's shared universe. Can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by LoneNecromancer View Post
    Ruined? Yeah, totally, the New 52 did that, not the Marvel-isation of the character by Byrne or scenes like this.

Morrison's Action is fantastic, and the Superman title is really being turned around. Given that we're going to get Diggle and Snyder also working on the Superman books, it seems like a great time to be a Superman fan.
    lol Batman is such a punk. He knows he can get away with saying that nonsense because Superman wont kill him on the spot.

Hes lucky Superman is a nice guy, and everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by zryson View Post
    I think a bigger question is will the movie be enough to build the new DC films like Justice League around? Judging from the second trailer, I'm guessing not at this stage.
    Why not? The trailer has epic written all over.