Page 8 of 31 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mat001 View Post
    We don't even know that he's the sole screenwriter? Do we? He and Nolan worked on this, so I would assume he gets credit as well.

I've read nothing about Chris Nolan touching the script for Man of Steel. It's been said that he will have creative input, but Goyer is the charged with writing the script. I've read rumors about Kurt Johnstad and Jonah Nolan 'tweaking' the script slightly, but nothing more, and that doesn't greatly encourage me. I want my trepiditions about this movie to be proved wrong, but unlike Dark Knight or Avengers, I do have much confidence going in.
    The bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame

Quote Originally Posted by 666MasterOfPuppets View Post
    Zack Snyder confirmed that the trailer will actually be attached to The Hobbit.

As for Comic-Con, it made the news that several fans who watched the footage started to cry of pure joy, which prompted Snyder to roll said footage for a second time.
    Exactly. There was a better version that crept out of the woodwork of Comic-Con and I hurried and downloaded it to have before it was takin down literally seconds after it was up. To this day, the Comic-Con trailer packs an emotional punch and MOST DEFIANTLY gets the juices flowing from the footage they decided to show. I'm not sure what I'm allowed to discuss or if the mods won't allow anything discussed from the CC trailer, but if you close your eyes and listen to Cavill's little speech at the end of it, you literally feel the energy of Superman speaking to you.

I can just IMAGINE what they have waiting for us with The Hobbit.
    Last edited by Tra-EL; 12-02-2012 at 08:50 AM.

You remember those pitches, eh? I must admit, I was particularly intrigued by Burton's proposed visual style for the aborted "Superman Lives". But intrigued, nothing more.
    How can a sane Supes fans forget that infamous concepts and Nic Cage would be? And the whole Jon Peters influenced script with the whole mechanical spider robot, and that appaling version of Jj. ABRAMS WHERE krypton didnt exploded and Lex as a US agent? That is why we should be thankful for this new creative which very respectful to the core of his mythology. :)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Coyote2010 View Post
    I think Zach Snyder and Nolan put out a good movie night and that will be a huge improvement over the last movie.

I bet it's Capt. America good and makes better than Batman Begins money, way better.
    Poor Snyder. If the movie rocks, a segment of fans will credit Nolan. If it doesn't, Zack'll get the blame.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mat001 View Post

Lois complaining about Krypto was after "Return To Krypton". In the Atlas arc, she was worried about Krypto's over protectiveness of Clark and Conner. But Clark was able to break Krypto of that. The main argument in that arc was Lois feeling a bit insecure that morning, because Clark had gone to Zatanna for help while he was trying to find Arion.
    Wait: Superman and Superboy are not the same guy? That wacky DC continuity.

All Roads Lead To Hell 666MasterOfPuppets's Avatar
    The Legendary Fortress Of Solitude, The Strangest Place On Earth

Quote Originally Posted by Tra-EL View Post
    Exactly. There was a better version that crept out of the woodwork of Comic-Con and I hurried and downloaded it to have before it was takin down literally seconds after it was up. To this day, the Comic-Con trailer packs an emotional punch and MOST DEFIANTLY gets the juices flowing from the footage they decided to show. I'm not sure what I'm allowed to discuss or if the mods won't allow anything discussed from the CC trailer, but if you close your eyes and listen to Cavill's little speech at the end of it, you literally feel the energy of Superman speaking to you.

I can just IMAGINE what they have waiting for us with The Hobbit.
    I think it is still posted on certain site I suppose I can't mention. Leaps and bounds better, I agree. But the quality was very poor, since it was fan filmed. However, I think the teaser managed to capture the wonder of seeing Superman (final scene), and the tone it is aiming for (the first shots as Clark).

Man, I can't funkin' wait for this trailer to arrive. I'm going to watch the hell out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by thosemortalmen View Post
    How can a sane Supes fans forget that infamous concepts and Nic Cage would be? And the whole Jon Peters influenced script with the whole mechanical spider robot, and that appaling version of Jj. ABRAMS WHERE krypton didnt exploded and Lex as a US agent? That is why we should be thankful for this new creative which very respectful to the core of his mythology. :)
    *LOL* You're right. Not to mention Superman fighting a polar bear (Burton/ Peters) and that Superman's powers come from the suit (JJ Abrams). I agree with you here. I'm getting the feeling that it's going to exceed my expectations.
    Last edited by 666MasterOfPuppets; 12-03-2012 at 10:10 AM.
    ... The Master Of Puppets has spoken.

Goodbye León (november 16th, 1993 - june 12th, 2009). You were, are and always will be the best friend I ever had. I will always love you and never forget you. And please, please forgive me.

Thank you for teaching me about love, patience and caring. Rest in Peace, my friend. I hope that wherever it is you are now, you can run and play as much as you want.

Infâme et fier de l'être Auguste Dupin's Avatar

*LOL* You're right. Not to mention Superman fighting a polar bear (Burton/ Peters) and that Superman's powers come from the suit (JJ Abrams). I agree with you here. I'm getting the feeling that it's going to exceed my expectations.
    Nah,Superman wasn't fighting a polar bear. It was Brainiac. And it was the Kevin Smith's script, not the Burton project.
    "I'm going to paraphrase Nietzsche, when you judge a work, the work judges you."

It was Kevin Smith's draft, but it was Jon Peters idea. All of the really bad ideas between 1994 and 2004, can be laid at Peters feet. Burton and Abrams did contribute their own ideas, but by and large, it was Peters.

Quote Originally Posted by Auguste Dupin View Post
    Nah,Superman wasn't fighting a polar bear. It was Brainiac. And it was the Kevin Smith's script, not the Burton project.
    You sure it wasn't a polar bear? And yeah, it was Kevin Smith's script, but I remember him saying that Peters had a lot of input into it. And Smith disliked those ideas, but I guess that "the boss is the boss", and he ended up including them in the script.

And I think that Smith's script was for the Burton project, no?

Goodbye León (november 16th, 1993 - june 12th, 2009). You were, are and always will be the best friend I ever had. I will always love you and never forget you. And please, please forgive me.

Thank you for teaching me about love, patience and caring. Rest in Peace, my friend. I hope that wherever it is you are now, you can run and play as much as you want.

Infâme et fier de l'être Auguste Dupin's Avatar

You sure it wasn't a polar bear? And yeah, it was Kevin Smith's script, but I remember him saying that Peters had a lot of input into it. And Smith disliked those ideas, but I guess that "the boss is the boss", and he ended up including them in the script.

And I think that Smith's script was for the Burton project, no?
    Nonono, there was a fight with a polar bear. But it was Brainiac fighting it, not Superman.
    And in the script it was more like "two polar bears attack Brainiac, Brainiac breaks the neck of the first one, the second runs away".
    Smith has been explaining a million time how he was sort of forced by the producer to put that polar bear thing on his script.
    "I'm going to paraphrase Nietzsche, when you judge a work, the work judges you."

Wow, its a good thing this polar bear movie wasn't made.
    Pull list: Aquaman, Batman, Batman Inc, Green Lantern, Justice League, Superman Unchained, JLA

Anyone know what the budget is for this one? I remember seeing articles that were about the one for Superman Returns and they were already calling it a flop because of that even before that film was released.

I'm very anxious for this to come out. We get a new trailer in 10 days. The new poster looks great, I am really enjoying the new costume.

Not impressed with the Superman in cuffs poster. I hope this film isn't dark and dreary like the Batman films. Superman is a completely different character but I fear the Nolan Batman is going to overshadow everything WB does.

Quote Originally Posted by Auguste Dupin View Post
    Nonono, there was a fight with a polar bear. But it was Brainiac fighting it, not Superman.
    And in the script it was more like "two polar bears attack Brainiac, Brainiac breaks the neck of the first one, the second runs away".
    Smith has been explaining a million time how he was sort of forced by the producer to put that polar bear thing on his script.
    Oh, my bad. I got it wrong there. Thanx for clearing things up.