Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

I expect this movie to hit the €300,000-$400,000 grossing. I'm not sure whether this movie will be any good.
    “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.”

Is MOS (Man of Steel) doomed? Really hard to say. From different things I have heard or seen, it looks to be a darker, more realistic take on Superman/Clark Kent and Co. The costume is darker. The Superman logo is much bigger, as well as the cape, which sort of hangs down almost to the ground. Henry Cavill says 'Man Of Steel' is 'epically cool' and more reflective of today's world. Nolan said audiences will see a "fresh take" on Superman and that there is a lot of complexity going on in the film. I think action wise it will be the most exciting Superman film since Superman II. But I have concerns about the cast. Plus any hype is usually a turn off. People did it with Superman Returns, Green Lantern, etc and both were duds. Lots of pretty faces but they had no chemistry and it just had audiences checking their watches waiting for the next effect (some of which looked incredibly fake).

During the past 48 hours prototypes for some of the MOS figures have appeared online. One of the images shows Superman with what looks like armor or some other construct on his right arm. As for the cape, it hangs lifelessly down to the ground. I think we can expect a very action orientated film. Probably lots of battles too.

I can't believe at this point, somebody is still asking such kind of question...I mean, what do you want from our answers?

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    You also have Nolan involved in it also and the guy has done more good movies than bad. Also from the looks of things one cant make a snap judgement on this movie will be either good or bad, it all depends on the buzz surrounding the movie
    And it has one hell of a good cast.

Quote Originally Posted by AndItsOn! View Post
    I can't believe at this point, somebody is still asking such kind of question...I mean, what do you want from our answers?
    At the end of the day some people will just not be satisfied.
    "It isn't jumping the shark if you never come back down." Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by stk View Post
    Do you want me to make a list of things that happen in super-hero comics that I think people would or wouldn't do? Is that the point of super-hero stories? If you want to talk about things people wouldn't do, we might as well throw out the entire cast of characters and every Superman story ever told. Because real people would never do any of it.
    The supporting cast reactions aren't what is at issue. What is is the world are large and how they would react to something new and unusual. In "The Dark Knight", the criminal underworld is initially still afraid of Batman, but he's also losing his effectiveness since they know he won't kill. Thus his ability to spread fear is starting to diminish. That is a rational and logical viewpoint.

And my point is that Zod's plot is pretty much bound to be a repeat as well. He's going to show up and try to take over the Earth. That is just as much a repeat as the real estate thing.
    You said that you'd be fine with Zod appearing in a later film, but wouldn't that still be an issue? What else do you want Zod to do? All Phantom Zone villains are motivated by the same thing, revenge of the House of El and taking over Earth. And Legato has a point, that's no different from Brainiac and Mongul.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Smithee View Post
    Oh. Never mind.

I vaguely recall Lois bitchin' about the dog at the beginning, and picking up the issue only because the cover was awesome. Guess I read it out of context. I took it as Krypto being under-appreciated until the chips were down. Or Milk Bones, in this case.
    Lois complaining about Krypto was after "Return To Krypton". In the Atlas arc, she was worried about Krypto's over protectiveness of Clark and Conner. But Clark was able to break Krypto of that. The main argument in that arc was Lois feeling a bit insecure that morning, because Clark had gone to Zatanna for help while he was trying to find Arion.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurosawa
    I'm not expecting much. It's a corporately driven production due to the lawsuit.
    That's part of it, but the studio was going to do another film regardless of "Superman Returns".

Snyder is fair at best as a director, and given his fandom of Miller's DKR, he clearly does not understand Superman.
    So because he likes "The Dark Knight Returns", he's the wrong choice? That's like saying Nolan was the wrong choice for "Batman Begins", because he liked "Superman: The Movie". Fortunately, Snyder didn't write the film. It was written by Nolan, who respects Superman and Goyer who has actually written the character.

The costume is predictable and horrid.
    The same could be said of the original.

My only real worry about MOS is that Goyer is the sole screenwriter. For the two best movies he has been apart--Batman Begins and Dark Knight--Goyer hasn't served as sole writer. He co-writer Begins and only contributed the story for Dark Knight, so I don't know if he can gave MOS of the powerful and sure-footed screenplay it requires.
    The bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame

Quote Originally Posted by Mat001 View Post
    You said that you'd be fine with Zod appearing in a later film, but wouldn't that still be an issue?
    The point is that it would be much less of an issue. You know how they don't put tv shows into syndication until they have a certain number of episodes? So they have enough to cycle through endlessly without people getting too bored of them? Well, two (arguably three) good movies is way too soon to start looping around from the beginning again. It's the same reason the Luthor complaint was justified in Returns (although I could stand to have Luthor in every Superman movie in some capacity).

Counting only the good movies, you have Luthor, then Zod and Luthor, then Luthor, then Zod. You don't think it's a legitimate complaint from fans that of all the Superman movies, only two villains from the comics have ever been used? A, B, A, B... it doesn't seem a little repetitive? You don't think it would seem much more fresh if they broke up the series with different enemies between Zod appearances?

All Roads Lead To Hell 666MasterOfPuppets's Avatar
    The Legendary Fortress Of Solitude, The Strangest Place On Earth

Did the movie came out already?
    I'd wish. To think it was coming out this december... Oh well, it will give Snyder & Co. more time to polish the movie.

Yes, I do have high hopes for this movie.
    ... The Master Of Puppets has spoken.

Goodbye León (november 16th, 1993 - june 12th, 2009). You were, are and always will be the best friend I ever had. I will always love you and never forget you. And please, please forgive me.

Thank you for teaching me about love, patience and caring. Rest in Peace, my friend. I hope that wherever it is you are now, you can run and play as much as you want.

MOS will be great. And the reason it will be great is because it doesn't have the nostalgia-noose tied to it's neck. They tried going down the nostalgia road and the result was the festering pileofsht that was "Superman ReturnsToMediocrity".

I get a gut feeling with MOS, that only the traditionalists will be complaining the most after it's out.

Quote Originally Posted by Nocturnus View Post
    MOS will be great. And the reason it will be great is because it doesn't have the nostalgia-noose tied to it's neck. They tried going down the nostalgia road and the result was the festering pileofsht that was "Superman ReturnsToMediocrity".

I get a gut feeling with MOS, that only the traditionalists will be complaining the most after it's out.
    Out of curiosity what character is that on your avatar?

Yeah I believe those who are among the Reeve/Donner fanbase would complain about the movie the most, although I feel even the casual fans will complain if reports about the changes of Zod are true. The no more "KNEEL BEFORE ZOD" infamous quote. I don't mind it that much, if they can make Zod be known more than some rogue Kryptonian who quoted some infamous phrase then they did their job

Out of curiosity what character is that on your avatar?

Yeah I believe those who are among the Reeve/Donner fanbase would complain about the movie the most, although I feel even the casual fans will complain if reports about the changes of Zod are true. The no more "KNEEL BEFORE ZOD" infamous quote. I don't mind it that much, if they can make Zod be known more than some rogue Kryptonian who quoted some infamous phrase then they did their job
    I'm actually sad there won't be KNEEL BEFORE ZOD. =(

Quote Originally Posted by Nocturnus View Post
    I'm actually sad there won't be KNEEL BEFORE ZOD. =(
    More disappointed than sad but I understand why they decided not to use it. Still I always have my Superman II

More disappointed than sad but I understand why they decided not to use it. Still I always have my Superman II
    When they say they are trying to distance themselves from the earlier films as possible, that means not even bringing up classic lines from the classic films that came before them. They want to distance themselves SO much with this new Man of Steel franchise, that they aren't even using John Williams's theme. This movie is set up as if the Donnerverse didn't even exist and for good reason. It's TIME to move on.