Page 27 of 270 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930313777127 ... LastLast

I'm going to pimp out a great comic/art store that needs to pimped out:

While its not Classic Comics, if you're ever in Los Angeles and you're in the mood for great European Comics, art books and cool stuff in general, stop by Stuart Ng Books. Stuart's brilliant store is one of the better comic shops in LA. I stop by every couple of weeks and always find great stuff to either buy.

I'm a fan of Dean Yeagle's work and these sketchbooks are killer.
    "If you live among wolves you have to act like a wolf."

Quote Originally Posted by dan bailey View Post
    Today was pay day (good thing, too, since somehow I'd miscalculated my balance after last pay day & found myself with a total balance of less than $10 as of yesterday, savings included), & when I went to check my account online just now I saw that the balance is being reported as $403,766.05, even though my paycheck is the normal amount (i.e. more like 2.5 percent of that amount).

Obviously, it's some sort of mistake ...

... but even so I obviously should run out & pay off my mortgage. And at least one friend's mortgage. And my next-door neighbor's mortgage.

And then I should hit the comics sites.
    the dream / nightmare scenario - rich for a day. Ignorance of your balance is 9/10ths of the law in this case.
    "...so Hitler sends Iron Jaw's son to America to get revenge on Crimebuster." S.H.

*choke* Dan B. in the Underworld's Avatar

I trust you received the $100K I sent your way for creation & production of a new Squeeks comic.

Please don't tell me you frittered the money away. My balance returned to normal within a couple of hours, & the bank is demanding it all back.
    Last edited by Dan B. in the Underworld; 01-27-2013 at 03:12 PM.
    I tend to split superhero comics fans into "People who like Krypto" and "People who don't like Krypto."
    Basically, if you miss the wonder of a dog flying around in a little Superman cape, you're in the wrong hobby.

-- Reptisaurus!

I trust you received the $100K I sent your way for creation & production of a new Squeeks comic.

Please don't tell me you frittered the money away. My balance returned to normal within a couple of hours, & the bank is demanding it all back.
    Utterly wasted it on thunder agents comics - i only had $99,919 left.

Just 24 hrs to find $81.... sounds like a job for judge reinhold and indeed it was - unfortunately he could only work with someone who is the polar opposite and refuses to play by the book - total invoice for the job for the two of them was $99,919 but I did get the $81 so alls well that ends well.

Did get a draft script for Squeeks in Bhutan in the case of the third eye which winked but it was god awful
    Last edited by dr chimp; 01-27-2013 at 05:21 PM.
    "...so Hitler sends Iron Jaw's son to America to get revenge on Crimebuster." S.H.

Finished the Avengers article today. A last round of tightening and polishing tomorrow and off it goes to Roy, four days ahead of deadline.

Cei-U!
    I summon the satisfaction!
    It's hardly a secret that something is badly wrong with me. - Dan B. in the Underworld
    I am ... a condescending prick sometimes. But I usually mean to be. - Paradox
    I'm not infallible. I just act like it. - Me

Quote Originally Posted by Cei-U! View Post
    Finished the Avengers article today. A last round of tightening and polishing tomorrow and off it goes to Roy, four days ahead of deadline.

Cei-U!
    Woot! Congratulations.

-M
    A lunatic is easily recognized...You can tell him by the liberties he takes with common sense...and by the fact that sooner or later he brings up the Templars.
    -Umberto Eco

Veteran Member

Cei-U!
    Which magazine was this going to be in, again? Back Issue, was it?

Quote Originally Posted by berk View Post
    Which magazine was this going to be in, again? Back Issue, was it?
    Alter Ego #118.

Cei-U!
    I summon the shameless plug!
    It's hardly a secret that something is badly wrong with me. - Dan B. in the Underworld

Veteran Member

Alter Ego 118, will be keeping an eye out for it!

I see the Twomorrows site says that the issue covers the first 10 years of the Avengers - that would mean it stops somewhere in the middle of Englehart's run - is that right, or will it go beyond that a bit so it can take in a least all of Englehart's Avengers?

Quote Originally Posted by berk View Post
    I see the Twomorrows site says that the issue covers the first 10 years of the Avengers - that would mean it stops somewhere in the middle of Englehart's run - is that right, or will it go beyond that a bit so it can take in a least all of Englehart's Avengers?
    It runs up through Giant-Size Avengers #4, so while it doesn't cover all of Englehart's run, it does cover the entire Celestial Madonna storyline.

Cei-U!
    I summon the compromise!

Veteran Member

It runs up through Giant-Size Avengers #4, so while it doesn't cover all of Englehart's run, it does cover the entire Celestial Madonna storyline.

Cei-U!
    I summon the compromise!
    Dare we hope for a Part 2?

Actually, if they'd gone 15 years, that would just about cover everything up to the point when I stopped following the series, around the time George Perez's first stint ended (Korvac story, or a little afterwards).

*choke* Dan B. in the Underworld's Avatar

I'm not sure, offhand, of Alter Ego's stated coverage period, but I suspect that a Part 2 would be a more likely candidate for sister mag Back Issue.
    I tend to split superhero comics fans into "People who like Krypto" and "People who don't like Krypto."
    Basically, if you miss the wonder of a dog flying around in a little Superman cape, you're in the wrong hobby.

-- Reptisaurus!

I'm not sure, offhand, of Alter Ego's stated coverage period, but I suspect that a Part 2 would be a more likely candidate for sister mag Back Issue.
    You are correct, sir. Roy and Mike Eury have a gentleman's agreement not to play in each others' sandboxes, although there's an inevitable overlap.

Cei-U!
    I summon the jurisdictional matters!

Heard from my good friend who is in hospital. Looks like they will never walk again at this point. It was a very emotional sobering conversation about the realities of life and the reality of life facing my friend. As such they will be selling their house as they are no longer able to care for themselves so in the next several months (or sooner possibly?) I will be receiving three boxes of comics from them. Under normal circumstances it would be a joyous happy occasion but there is nothing to celebrate about this. But I do know this, I will treasure these, remindful of where they came from.

Remember the Herculoids

Default Ad from Terrors of the Jungle #4

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BB_comic_shooter.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	100.7 KB 
ID:	107827

Gee, kids, just think how cool this is...you can shoot your latest issue of More Fun Comics or that old copy of Action #1 you have laying around...or sneak it into the classroom for all manner of fun...