Page 30 of 269 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233344080130 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by dan bailey View Post
    I generally have very vivid & offbeat dreams (like the one two nights ago about the brain of the great-aunt of more or less raised me being transplanted into the head of a raccoon, with Ty Cobb's personality somehow being incorporated as well ...), but they very rarely involve comics characters. I'm still trying to parse last night's, though, in which Superman, to prevent Batman's secret identity from being discovered by villains (or something like that), hurled him to the moon after wrapping or encasing him in some sort of protection against the friction of Earth's atmosphere & then the coldness & airlnessness of space. Once Batman arrived there, though, lo & behold here came Sgt. Fury & the Howling Commandos, flying through the air. At which point Batman wound up back on Earth, where Robin unmasked him to reveal ... someone I can't remember, but it wasn't Bruce Wayne.
    the reveal is elliot ness - if you google it you will find its a not uncommon dream.

diagnosis: lsd flashbacks
    "...so Hitler sends Iron Jaw's son to America to get revenge on Crimebuster." S.H.

Remember the Herculoids

Default Yeh, but underneath Elliot Ness's face...

Quote Originally Posted by dr chimp View Post
    the reveal is elliot ness - if you google it you will find its a not uncommon dream.

diagnosis: lsd flashbacks
    You fail to mention that after finding out that Ness turns out to be make up applied to the face of...

Maxwell Smart, who surprises us at the level of taciturn vigilantism that he's kept supressed for many years.

And according to the latest study, it is actually flashbacks from that purple LSD at Woodstock. Those foolish kids, why didn't they listen to the PA guy?

I had my LCS pul a Spider-man 700 for me. Imagine my shock when i realized it was 7.99 ? I gave it back. I just wanna read it to see what all the hoopla is about. No wonder comics are on life support.
    Life is what you make it.

Kicking the hornet's nest Jezebel Bond's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by icctrombone View Post
    I had my LCS pul a Spider-man 700 for me. Imagine my shock when i realized it was 7.99 ? I gave it back. I just wanna read it to see what all the hoopla is about. No wonder comics are on life support.
    It's almost 100 pages, or 3x the size of a regular comic...doesn't happen often.
    1 Kings 21:23

And of Jezebel also spake the LORD, saying, The dogs shall eat Jezebel by the wall of Jezreel.

icctrombone for ASM 700 I would recommend waiting a couple of months as depending on stores they put the recent issues in the back issue bins for maybe a buck or two dollars. Also at stores ask if they have any damaged copies as often these retail for less than half of the original price.

*choke* Dan B. in the Underworld's Avatar

If memory (as apparently corroborated just now by Wikipedia) serves, Bart Allen -- Impulse -- wound up in Manchester (presumably a stand-in for Birmingham), Alabama, with Max Mercury fairly early on. I gather he's recently taken a job with the state, because the income tax return I filed Wednesday yielded a refund in my checking account this morning. That's at least 2 months earlier than expected, based on past experience. And here I thought last year's federal refund showed up bizarrely fast (something like 2 1/2 weeks) ...
    I tend to split superhero comics fans into "People who like Krypto" and "People who don't like Krypto."
    Basically, if you miss the wonder of a dog flying around in a little Superman cape, you're in the wrong hobby.

-- Reptisaurus!

Have been thinking a lot about my friend who is now unable to walk. Its just so devastating. I still don't know when he will be able to leave hospital and from there I'm not sure where he will go? I assume plans are going on with his family to move him into a care facility asap since he is no longer able to care for himself. He's one of few people who I trust completely. And over the years we have shared some amazing times together. Also heartbreak. Just like any good friends do. I cry a lot thinking about his current situation.

Sorry man. Some really terrible things happen in this world.
    Life is what you make it.

At least you're a friend to him, and he's going to esp need good friends and family more than ever. It's amazing what life throws at us sometimes.
    I am what I am and that's all what I am

If memory (as apparently corroborated just now by Wikipedia) serves, Bart Allen -- Impulse -- wound up in Manchester (presumably a stand-in for Birmingham), Alabama, with Max Mercury fairly early on. I gather he's recently taken a job with the state, because the income tax return I filed Wednesday yielded a refund in my checking account this morning. That's at least 2 months earlier than expected, based on past experience. And here I thought last year's federal refund showed up bizarrely fast (something like 2 1/2 weeks) ...
    That's good. My friend filed his last Thursday and was told to expect it by 2/7. He was filing single, as I assume you are. We filed ours last Thursday or Friday and it's waiting on the IRS-married filing jointly but with nothing but standard deductions for kids et al.
    "There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and some day, they will. And that's how Sue Cs it."- Sue Sylvester, "Glee"

I'll be mailing off a couple of decent sized checks on April 15th.

Quote Originally Posted by Slam_Bradley View Post
    I'll be mailing off a couple of decent sized checks on April 15th.
    Thanks in advance! Having been married once upon a time to an IRS employee, I am of course authorized to accept all Classics Forum posters' payments.
    I tend to split superhero comics fans into "People who like Krypto" and "People who don't like Krypto."
    Basically, if you miss the wonder of a dog flying around in a little Superman cape, you're in the wrong hobby.

-- Reptisaurus!

Thanks in advance! Having been married once upon a time to an IRS employee, I am of course authorized to accept all Classics Forum posters' payments.
    You'd just spend it on slabbed funnybooks. Or invading Uzbekistan. I know your type.

I wonder if a slabbed comic could deflect a bullet?

Probably not.

Still, I'm picturing a cordon of police marching against rock-throwing protesters & holding up slabbed Marvel Treasury Editions or DC Limited Collectors Editions as shields.
    Last edited by Dan B. in the Underworld; 02-04-2013 at 02:42 PM.

-- Reptisaurus!

I keep running into interesting stuff...

Create and customize your own Golden Age of Sci-fi book covers with The Pulp-O-Mizer!

http://thrilling-tales.webomator.com...p-o-mizer.html

Some examples of the results:

And also:

A blog devoted to comics & illustration art from 100+ years ago: Yesterday's Papers
    Last edited by Rob Allen; 02-04-2013 at 04:43 PM.
    --
    Rob Allen