Page 19 of 270 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969119 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DubipR View Post
    When did Spider-Man start wearing Tabi boots?
    This month - it's all part of the Superior storyline.

Going back to the prices paid for ASM700, according to Bleeding Cool, the Ditko variant cover has been going for over $1000 on ebay. Madness.

*choke* Dan B. in the Underworld's Avatar

We all learned years ago, of course, that quality has absolutely nothing to do with anything. It's all about money, period. The end.

If Marvel decided, for god knows whatever reason, to put out a 100-copy-only variant featuring, I dunno, a piece of Rob Liefeld's used Kleenex glued to the cover, the speculators would go into a frenzy.

In my heart of hearts, I find that not only irritating but offensive, but it's no skin off my back, & obviously people have every right to play whatever (IMHO) silly games they want. And it's been ever thus -- see also: tulipmania from however many centuries ago.

Madness, indeed.
    Last edited by Dan B. in the Underworld; 01-05-2013 at 06:17 AM.
    I tend to split superhero comics fans into "People who like Krypto" and "People who don't like Krypto."
    Basically, if you miss the wonder of a dog flying around in a little Superman cape, you're in the wrong hobby.

-- Reptisaurus!

Some people just have to have that item no matter what the price. I think its been that way for a long time. But for myself? I have to be careful with my dollars and I always weigh up whether something is worth the price? I like to shop around. I seldom buy anything right out at first glance. My friends tend to be the other way, they have no qualms about spending big. I think for some people its the only way they know how to live.

Kicking the hornet's nest Jezebel Bond's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dan bailey View Post
    If Marvel decided, for god knows whatever reason, to put out a 100-copy-only variant featuring, I dunno, a piece of Rob Liefeld's used Kleenex glued to the cover, the speculators would go into a frenzy.
    I would for sure...as in calling for his head cuz I don't want Rob anywhere near my favourite books.

And besides...a variant has to have an attractive cover for me to be interested
    1 Kings 21:23

And of Jezebel also spake the LORD, saying, The dogs shall eat Jezebel by the wall of Jezreel.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Garth View Post
    This month - it's all part of the Superior storyline.

Going back to the prices paid for ASM700, according to Bleeding Cool, the Ditko variant cover has been going for over $1000 on ebay. Madness.
    Yeah...I wouldn't buy it for that price...for $1,000 I could get a high-grade copy of a single digit issue that was done in entirety by Ditko. I max out at a couple hundred dollars for variants...and even then I'm picky.

And of Jezebel also spake the LORD, saying, The dogs shall eat Jezebel by the wall of Jezreel.

I am missing the stores a little but since I am still sorting through my purchases from last year there is little point in going. I wish my family member would stop picking up the phone every time it rings. No sooner have I picked up the receiver than I can hear them on the other end. Granted they get more calls than me but still that's no excuse. Haven't heard anything further from my friend in hospital so I hope he is doing well?

Quote Originally Posted by Jezebel Bond View Post
    Yeah...I wouldn't buy it for that price...for $1,000 I could get a high-grade copy of a single digit issue that was done in entirety by Ditko. I max out at a couple hundred dollars for variants...and even then I'm picky.
    Y'know, if it was an actual Ditko Spider-man drawing done for the project, I could almost see it. Ditko returning to Spider-man would be the biggest possible deal in American mainstream comics, barring people returning from the dead.
    MarkAndrew at Comics Should Be Good
    All my life, my Great Dream has been to grow a triangular head - Roy Thomas

Went shopping with my family member today but it wasn't such a good experience. They have been feeling very sick and as such have been aggressive and self absorbed. Sometimes I might suggest things to help them but they don't take too kindly to it as they are quite stubborn and any hint of questioning is seen as an act of aggression on their behalf. Overall it makes it quite draining emotionally. On a brighter note, I heard from my good friend who is in hospital. Turns out he is in the same hospital I had rung (but was told they had no record of him staying there). He is still very immobile but seems to be coping better emotionally and mentally. It was good to hear from him.

I've seen this pic before, and like it.

Marvel's announced a huge second printing, so expect prices to come down a bit.

I've never bought comics as an investment. I want story.
    I am what I am and that's all what I am

No doubt the second printing will sell out too. I'm sure there are many people out there who will grab a copy. Some for 'investment purposes' - the same happened when Superman died with successive prints selling out.

As noted Friday here at work in another thread ...

Got home & found out that the AT&T wireless connection installed at my abode some 71 hours earlier was no longer working. A tech guy won't be able to make it till Tuesday.

*sigh*
    Further research indicates that such problems are quite common with the Motorola modem AT&T is using for such purposes. Twice now (knock wood) -- Friday night, I think, & again this a.m. -- I've been able to re-establish the connection by simply rebooting the modem. Here's hoping that continues to work, especially since wireless capability shows every sign of spoiling me by allowing me to read my computer screen on my TV.
    I tend to split superhero comics fans into "People who like Krypto" and "People who don't like Krypto."
    Basically, if you miss the wonder of a dog flying around in a little Superman cape, you're in the wrong hobby.

-- Reptisaurus!

Back in the office today after a two week vacation with Kat and the kids. We had a nice Christmas, got some skiing in and just chilled.

I'd be quite content to never work another day in my life. I think work stress is doing a number on my health - I'm having a tough time getting back into the swing of things.
    Check out my new Movie Podcast! Married With Clickers

Check Out My Blog: Seduction of the Indifferent at Seduction of the Indifferent

Look for Scott's Classic Comics Corner at Comics Should Be Good

"I'll tell you right out--I'm a man who likes talking to a man who likes to talk"

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Ranger View Post
    I'd be quite content to never work another day in my life.
    Are you saying that the already-generous stipend you receive as Classic forum moderator needs to be bumped up even more?

-- Reptisaurus!

There's no question that stress is the single biggest contributor to disease and poor health.

I'll probably work until I'm 70 or so, but I'll do it on my terms and scale back.

I'm in the process of moving out of the credit card processing industry and am looking at a couple different jobs in sales.
    Last edited by hondobrode; 01-07-2013 at 02:59 PM.
    I am what I am and that's all what I am

We all learned years ago, of course, that quality has absolutely nothing to do with anything. It's all about money, period. The end.
    I just sent some to a seller in Tuscumbia and got away from your 9% State tax.