Page 15 of 271 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565115 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by adam_warlock_2099 View Post
    For the first time in over a year I am giddy. It's job related, and I may be "moving on up...." I feel giddy oh so giddy.
    All work related giddyness for me the past year or 2 has been "getting off early" and "vacation day(s)" related.
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

Soul Gem Resident adam_warlock_2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dan bailey View Post
    You'll be working in the East Side, in a deluxe apartment in the sky?
    I visited my former boss of the job I was let go of back in June 2011 and found that things weren't the way I perceived them, and that his hand was somewhat forced in my dismissal even though he thought that it was mishandled. He apologized for the past, though I never asked him to, and expressed a desire to (as we both thought that the lack of communication between the two of us since my dismissal was a perceived animosity, though nice to find out it wasn't the case) to rehire me. He thinks his bosses didn't handle it well. He's been through five salesmen in a year and a half to fill my role, and has said that there were many times he missed me being there because I know the product. Getting rehired there would be the best thing for me, both in me being happy at work and financially.
    "To alcohol, the cause of and solution to all of life's problems." -- Homer Simpson
    "You get what everyone gets. You get a lifetime." -- Death (Sandman)

*choke* Dan B. in the Underworld's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by adam_warlock_2099 View Post
    Getting rehired there would be the best thing for me, both in me being happy at work and financially.
    e9ivcfoiy[seu

That is, I was crossing my fingers for you till I discovered how disastrously it affected my typing.

Good luck!
    I tend to split superhero comics fans into "People who like Krypto" and "People who don't like Krypto."
    Basically, if you miss the wonder of a dog flying around in a little Superman cape, you're in the wrong hobby.

-- Reptisaurus!

Earlier today, I heard from my friend who went into hospital for an operation. Prior to the operation he was hopeful it would give him greater mobility. Well, it hasn't turned out that way, and at the moment he cannot walk at all. They (the Doctors) have tried using machines to help him walk again but so far without success. He has always been a proud independent person. Now he is crying and feels hopeless and wondering whether he will ever get out of hospital? I supported him as best I can over the phone telling him that his body is likely to need time to recover, that it went through a major trauma, so he could also be partly in shock, and that could explain why he is not recovering as fast as he would like. He broke down crying. I have never heard him cry. He tends to suppress many of his emotions. So itís hard. I really hope things work out well for him.

Xmas is but 24 hours away so today I went shopping with a family member. Unfortunately their health isnt the best, and they don't do themselves any favors either, often not even questioning the Doctors for other treatments. They assume if they existed, then they would be told but I dispute that. Unless you ask, you won't know and its wrong to assume, especially when it comes to medical needs because often Doctors are overworked and overstressed. Its very frustrating a lot of the time because I want them to make themselves heard and to stand up for themselves but a lifetime of low self esteem compounds the problem. Anyway, I bought some yummy chocolates for myself today. Fudge with white chocolate on top and a layer of milk chocolate on the bottom. Really nice!

Kat and I are about to celebrate the 100th episode of Married With Clickers.

I don't want to shill too much around here but it would be great to get some more CBR listeners.

See the link in my signature or iTunes.
    Check out my new Movie Podcast! Married With Clickers

Check Out My Blog: Seduction of the Indifferent at Seduction of the Indifferent

Look for Scott's Classic Comics Corner at Comics Should Be Good

"I'll tell you right out--I'm a man who likes talking to a man who likes to talk"

Very much a rollercoaster of emotions today. Suggested to the family member they get tested for diabetes, since they often feel weak. Surprised they haven't been checked nor asked to be so? Its almost like I have to do the thinking for them and that's a lousy way to live because if they refuse to take their health seriously then its just going to be an uphill battle. But so many people when it comes to their health are like that? I think its partly denial but also people just get overwhelmed and go into in-action rather than action, which is what is required.

Someone asked about Mike Allred not too long ago. I just re-read his Solo issue again. Incredibly in book. I know this pic is huge...but I really love it.

Tried to ring a friend who is in hospital (whom underwent a risky spine operation) but was told by the hospital there is nobody staying there by that name. Not sure what is happening which is partly frustration because being in hospital at any time of the year is miserable but even more so at Xmas. Last time I talked with him he could not move his legs at all and was crying (something I never heard him do before). I just hope wherever he is, that he is okay? And there isn't anything more I can do but wait for him to contact me.

Soul Gem Resident adam_warlock_2099's Avatar

Well now my children are completely cut off from the outside world. We bought them both their own iPod Touch and some headphones. My oldest got Left 4 Dead 2 and my youngest Super Mario Galaxy 2. So one child is on the Wii in one room plugged into his iPod listening to Sail by AWOLNATION on repeat and the other in the other room plugged into his iPod playing on the 360. So now instead of my boys just not paying attention to me when I say something while they are playing a game, they actually can't hear me. 8-) My oldest really screams over his headphones when you talk to him haha. At least Christmas with a limited budget was a success. They also got Resident Evil 6, but I had an alterior motive for buying that one. That wasn't just for them. Not only do I like RE games, but RE5 was the first and only game my wife has played with and she said after playing the demo that she wants to play RE6 too.

That's an awesome picture Slam thanks for posting it.
    "To alcohol, the cause of and solution to all of life's problems." -- Homer Simpson
    "You get what everyone gets. You get a lifetime." -- Death (Sandman)

Xmas was a very subdued affair this year. Not just with my own family, but I see it with others. Maybe people are just generally depressed with worries about the world? Other people are shopping till they drop, retail therapy at its most extreme. Some old friends were majorly into retail therapy. Then the bills would arrive and they would shop more. My family members health isnt the best. Has been extremely weak and tired. Not eating much either. They rang the hospital at my urging today so hopefully they can get some answers and they are going to try and book with their Doctor. I know Xmas isnt the best times for many people, people get very stressed and lonely. But I dont think that covers it entirely so something is affecting their health. I was reading an old book about Titanic. How back in 1912 people had worries but believed those worries could be overcome. That the future was bright and optimistic. These days people arent so sure those worries can be overcome. That the best times have already come and gone. Its an interesting contrast. To see how far things have progressed and yet in so many areas, how far we have fallen.

It might be the silly season but there was work to be done, so I did the house chores. Vacuumed the entire house, also dusted, and put up new curtains in my room (accidentally got a cut from a nail when finger and nail got too close). Everything smells nice and looks nice. Finished off the box of chocolates I got for Xmas too. There were two tiers. Milk and dark chocolate with four white chocolates. I find doing the house chores is a big stress reliever for me. So its beneficial.

Wish I knew how my friend in hospital is doing? Last time we talked he wasn't coping very well and the complete loss of mobility made him very depressed. He said his sister was going to visit him so I hope she did because especially at this time of year the holiday season can make people very depressed. For myself, I have been reading a lot. Its always been a comfort to me. Right from when I was little I loved to read. And throughout the years its been a companion in few ways other things have. Some of my friends don't understand it. They tend to prefer watching things rather than reading but I love to read. History and biographies are a favorite. I find strength in that. Seeing how other people coped. What they went through and ways they overcame whatever difficulties they were facing. Also reading history books helps me put into perspective the struggles of life today. How similar and dis-similar they can be.

Was watching several documentaries last night and was reminded that December 26 marks the 8th anniversary of the massive 2004 Indian Ocean earthquake and tsunami mega-disaster. Technically the quake was a mega-thrust earthquake, and the resulting shock caused a massive amount of energy to ripple across the ocean, and hundreds of thousands of people died in the ensuing tsunamis. It was literally one for the history books. Since then tsunamis have become an all too familiar news story, last year Japan was rocked by one of the largest earthquakes on record (another mega-thrust earthquake, undersea) and a death toll that surpassed to 19,000 people.

This is cool - a "diary comic" supposedly drawn by Steve Rogers (from the movie continuity):

http://americancaptaincomic.tumblr.com/

Found the link at http://metafilter.com.
    --
    Rob Allen