Page 14 of 269 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Cei-U! View Post
    Guess who just landed the assignment of writing a detailed history of the Avengers for an upcoming special issue of Alter Ego devoted to that team's 50th anniversary? Here's a hint: his initials are

Cei-U!
    I summon Earth's mightiest heroes!
    Great News! Congrats Kurt.

-M
    A lunatic is easily recognized...You can tell him by the liberties he takes with common sense...and by the fact that sooner or later he brings up the Templars.
    -Umberto Eco

Quote Originally Posted by Ish Kabbible View Post
    Congrats. Will this include new interviews? If so ,anyone beside Roy Thomas?
    There may be interviews but not in my article, which is actually replacing an interview with Roy about his Avengers run that had to be postponed due to Mr. T's current workload.

Cei-U!
    I summon the substitute!
    Last edited by Cei-U!; 12-19-2012 at 01:29 PM.
    It's hardly a secret that something is badly wrong with me. - Dan B. in the Underworld
    I am ... a condescending prick sometimes. But I usually mean to be. - Paradox
    I'm not infallible. I just act like it. - Me

Actually the article will only cover the first ten years (1963-72)
    So you'll cover the first two annuals (#3 & #4 being all-reprint) but not the Giant-Size issues, right? Where are you ending the coverage of the main series? There's a two-part inventory story in #106 & #107 (Dec '72 & Jan '73); that seems like a logical place. But the first issue was dated Sept '63, so the first ten years ended with #114, in the middle of the Englehart/Bob Brown run.

Lotsa good comics there.
    --
    Rob Allen

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Allen View Post
    So you'll cover the first two annuals (#3 & #4 being all-reprint) but not the Giant-Size issues, right? Where are you ending the coverage of the main series? There's a two-part inventory story in #106 & #107 (Dec '72 & Jan '73); that seems like a logical place. But the first issue was dated Sept '63, so the first ten years ended with #114, in the middle of the Englehart/Bob Brown run.

Lotsa good comics there.
    Agreed! I don't know the specifics yet of what Roy wants. If it were up to me, I'd take it up through Giant-Size Avengers #4 and the wedding of Wanda and the Vision, a plotline Roy initiated. By the way, folks, Rob's too modest to mention it but I wouldn't have this gig if he hadn't alerted me about Roy's post on... which board, Rob? Anyway, I'm glad to have a chance to give you a public "Thank you!"

Cei-U!
    Already steeping himself in Avengers lore!
    It's hardly a secret that something is badly wrong with me. - Dan B. in the Underworld

*choke* Dan B. in the Underworld's Avatar

Roy's post on... which board, Rob?
    I'm not Rob (to his eternal relief; me, I've taken the matter under advisement), but I'm on the list in question -- YahooGroups' alter-ego-fans.
    Last edited by Dan B. in the Underworld; 12-19-2012 at 01:49 PM.
    I tend to split superhero comics fans into "People who like Krypto" and "People who don't like Krypto."
    Basically, if you miss the wonder of a dog flying around in a little Superman cape, you're in the wrong hobby.

-- Reptisaurus!

Having a nice quiet morning before heading out for my final round of appointments for 2012. One thing I have noticed too, is that this Christmas season people seem to be shopping more than I remember during previous years. And that there seem to be a lot of sellers out there who are extremely mis-leading about their items. For example, often on sites like ebay I see people offering so-called rare (scarce) comics. And charging huge sums of money. But the comics aren't scare nor rare. And often aren't even the comics they sellers are claiming them to be. It doesn't get much more mis-leading than that. It's a shame because so many people are getting ripped off. Also many sellers overgrade. I was checking out various things online yesterday and saw sellers claiming comics to be in VF/NM and you can see they obviously aren't. I think a lot of the time these kinds of people rely on people's naivety or lack of understanding about the items they are purchasing but overall it makes me thankful I can shop in person at stores instead of relying online for comics.

Quote Originally Posted by dan bailey View Post
    YahooGroups' alter-ego-fans.
    Roy generally posts these requests in four places - the alter-ego-fans and Timely-Atlas-Comics groups at Yahoo, and the gcd-main and gcd-chat groups at Google. The one I saw first and forwarded to Kurt was from Timely-Atlas-Comics.
    --
    Rob Allen

Feeling down today. Everyone leaves around Xmas and tomorrow my final friend leaves to be with family. Sadness sort of comes in waves I find. One minute it doesnt bother me that friends are gone and then the next I feel very sad. Its hard too because I cant ring them when they are staying with family. Also a friend is in hospital and I cant ring him either because I'm not family so they wont tell me who how he is doing and if the operation was successful. It's so frustrating sometimes.

Here in the office on what has so far been a very dead day, and will likely continue to be so. I brought a stack of comics to work, including some of my old Marvel Team ups and the few "Howard the Duck" comics I have. I predict after lunch I will be cracking those open...
    "There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and some day, they will. And that's how Sue Cs it."- Sue Sylvester, "Glee"

Quote Originally Posted by Romero View Post
    Here in the office on what has so far been a very dead day, and will likely continue to be so. I brought a stack of comics to work, including some of my old Marvel Team ups and the few "Howard the Duck" comics I have. I predict after lunch I will be cracking those open...
    It was a quite lively (that's what they call 'spin,' son) morning in the office, then a quite relaxed afternoon in an Italian restaurant. Monday is programmed to be quiet - I'm the only one in in my department.

In about two hours or less, my friend (the last one who hasn't yet left to be with family for the holidays) will be stopping by briefly before leaving to spend Xmas with his family. I'm bracing myself a little because its bound to be a little emotional for me. But I've packaged his presents (as well as his cute doggie, who is getting some nice treats for Xmas). Also last night was harrowing, my last remaining family member was violently ill due to the medications they have to take. It's very much a source of aggravation because I want them to take their health seriously but often they fend off attempts to help them. Today they are meeting with a female friend who they prefer talking to. So hopefully they can persuade them to take their health a little more seriously since my attempts to do so have fallen on deaf ears.

I knew trying to rough out a chronology for my impending Avengers article would get complicated eventually but I never suspected it would happen as early as #3 (not that I'm complaining: I loves me a continuity puzzle)!

Cei-U!
    I take a much-needed break!

Oh yeah if I am remembering correctly, in #3 Iron Man sends out like a hologram version of himself to a bunch of Marvel heroes like Spider-Man and the FF, looking for the Hulk or something. I can see how that could cause some timeline issues.
    At last, Boy Comics finally gets its own website!

Soul Gem Resident adam_warlock_2099's Avatar

For the first time in over a year I am giddy. It's job related, and I may be "moving on up...." I feel giddy oh so giddy.
    "To alcohol, the cause of and solution to all of life's problems." -- Homer Simpson
    "You get what everyone gets. You get a lifetime." -- Death (Sandman)

*choke* Dan B. in the Underworld's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by adam_warlock_2099 View Post
    For the first time in over a year I am giddy. It's job related, and I may be "moving on up...."
    You'll be working in the East Side, in a deluxe apartment in the sky?
    I tend to split superhero comics fans into "People who like Krypto" and "People who don't like Krypto."
    Basically, if you miss the wonder of a dog flying around in a little Superman cape, you're in the wrong hobby.

-- Reptisaurus!