Page 3 of 268 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

The hospital rang today wanting a loved one to contact them but they (the loved one) has put it off until next week. It's frustrating when people do this. But so many people do. It's like an apathy. Or maybe its fear? It's like sticking your head in the sand. You see nothing. Hear nothing. As for myself, I'm still waiting for the results of my extensive tests which were done some weeks ago. They took numerous vials of blood, and some of the tests are unusual, hence why I'm still waiting.

Karma ran over Dogma grphxkindaguy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zryson View Post
    Hi, I give to children's hospitals. That's one of the nicer things I think. So many kids are sick in hospital so anything that can make them happy is worthwhile. One of the local comic stores takes in comic books and each year drops off items to local hospitals in the area. For the ebay sellers, I guess my frustration with them is the selfishness many of them exhibit. It seems to be all about them and their wants and needs rather than thinking more about other people. Some of them even have the nerve to complain directly to management because they feel they are entitled (!) to all the comic books which come in. Its quite staggering really.
    Accept what you cannot control, when it comes to these eBay vultures. You'll just drive yourself crazy. They're renting space in your head!!!

Walk away w the feeling that you're doing some good for others and leave it at that...
    Comics still reading: Floppies- Saga TPB- GI Joe ARAH, Sixth Gun, Hawkeye, Usagi Yojimbo. DC nu52 is unreadable...

Quote Originally Posted by dan bailey View Post
    From Part 1 (since the thread's closed, no quote function available, at least not with going to more trouble than I feel like exploring ...), Max Hauser posted --

Okay... Here's the problem.

I'm convinced there is special chemistry between me and a lady I work with. This is fine as we're both single.

Two problems: One, she's ten years younger than me.

Two, when I say 'work with', I really mean 'I'm her boss'.

I've been in a similar situation before. You gotta ask yourself is, is this office romance worth potentially losing your job over, if it goes sour/frowned upon?

I go by the old motto, "don't eat where you poop"
    Comics still reading: Floppies- Saga TPB- GI Joe ARAH, Sixth Gun, Hawkeye, Usagi Yojimbo. DC nu52 is unreadable...

Accept what you can't control? Well that can be difficult. As humans we like to think we do have control over things but you're right, I can't control this and its not important that I do control this. But the ebay sellers are annoying (actually ebay the website is just as annoying in many regards). As for office romances, like I said, I do not think they are a good idea. I think as human beings we like to combine things. But office and private I think should remain separate. I'm not saying they cannot work, but the risks and disadvantages outweigh the advantage.

About work romances, a guy I was working with wanted to get to know me a little better. I didn't feel that way about him and didn't appreciate him making some 'friendly' advances in a workplace either.

My son Logan turns 7 today.

It's crazy to think that I've now been a Dad for that long.
    Check out my new Movie Podcast! Married With Clickers

Check Out My Blog: Seduction of the Indifferent at Seduction of the Indifferent

Look for Scott's Classic Comics Corner at Comics Should Be Good

"I'll tell you right out--I'm a man who likes talking to a man who likes to talk"

Well they say time goes faster the older we get. I know when I was really young, time seemed to pass so slowly. But now its like time is ever accelerating. Or maybe its just our lives getting constantly bombarded with media 24/7 that makes us notice time going faster.

About getting older, I was talking with some friends last night and they said they use soft focus when taking photographs (even of their children/babies) because they want to soften out any horrible defects like wrinkles, etc. In contrast, I was taking some photographs of myself the other night and it was all in tight closeup and oh god, I freaked a little at the results cause you could see my wrinkles, uneven skin tone and freckles but as I have always told friends, this is me. Like it or not. And getting old isn't necessary bad. I like to think I'm more rational these days. More certain about what I like and don't like. More in control of my emotions rather than my emotions controlling me. Plus when I see these heavily photoshopped images online or on a magazine I think its not very realistic. That people go so overboard they take out the human in the image and you end up with a very waxed looking image devoid of any life.

Quote Originally Posted by zryson View Post
    About getting older, I was talking with some friends last night and they said they use soft focus when taking photographs (even of their children/babies) because they want to soften out any horrible defects like wrinkles, etc.....
    For the past few years, the company that takes my son's school pictures offers a service to "remove" blemishes, even out skin tones, etc. In elementary school!
    "It's just lines on paper, folks!"

I had my company xmas party last night.

The venue was nice, but the blasting music and mostly loathsome people I could do without. I must have been in and out of there in less then half an hour, just long enough to show my face that I was there...and leave. I didn't even bother checking in my coat!!!

Quote Originally Posted by grphxkindaguy View Post
    I had my company xmas party last night.

The venue was nice, but the blasting music and mostly loathsome people I could do without. I must have been in and out of there in less then half an hour, just long enough to show my face that I was there...and leave. I didn't even bother checking in my coat!!!

Kind of early for a Christmas party, isn't it?

Hm. Early Christmas party, New York, blasting music... you work for MTV by any chance?
    At last, Boy Comics finally gets its own website!

mostly loathsome people
    definately MTV!

I've been in a similar situation before. You gotta ask yourself is, is this office romance worth potentially losing your job over, if it goes sour/frowned upon?

I go by the old motto, "don't eat where you poop"
    That's what my dad always said except he says don't poop where you eat. Now I know people who it did end up working out for but there's more who it went horribly wrong for.

*choke* Dan B. in the Underworld's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Harris View Post
    Kind of early for a Christmas party, isn't it?
    I've been trying all morning to ignore babbling magpies decorating the office foyer for the holidays (though the party isn't scheduled till the 13th; such things tend to happen a bit early here because we're on an Air Force base & lots people take leave as the date grows closer). Must be nice not to have to work, &/or to research comics series of 12 issues or fewer.

(Received my first Christmas card a couple of days ago. I was rather taken aback. Of course, I haven't sent out any of my own in ages.)
    I tend to split superhero comics fans into "People who like Krypto" and "People who don't like Krypto."
    Basically, if you miss the wonder of a dog flying around in a little Superman cape, you're in the wrong hobby.

-- Reptisaurus!

Tonight is the big semi final game for my towns high school football team. If they win they go on to the first State Championship game for the school.