Page 2 of 270 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MDG View Post
    Make sure you mention that "you did everything in your power to try to save her job."
    and then be haunted by the lie for the next five years until you can take it no longer, and knowing that love forgives all, confess to her. To your utter surprise she takes the news badly and posts those "unusual" photos of you to all your work colleagues. But that's for 5 years older you to deal with. Your job is to live in the now
    "...so Hitler sends Iron Jaw's son to America to get revenge on Crimebuster." S.H.

Quote Originally Posted by Max Hauser View Post
    Okay... Here's the problem.

I'm convinced there is special chemistry between me and a lady I work with. This is fine as we're both single.

Two problems: One, she's ten years younger than me.

Two, when I say 'work with', I really mean 'I'm her boss'.
    My dad was 18 years older than my mom, and they had a great marriage. I don't see the age difference as an obstacle.

As to the other situation, are you the owner and she your employee? Is it a large corporation and you her manager? Can you give slightly more info? Based just on what you wrote, I'd advise very strongly against, but there may be a few out-of-the-box solutions.
    Anyway, it is cool for you to acquire acrimony of crumbling time on blast this website.
    --best spam ever

*choke* Dan B. in the Underworld's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dr chimp View Post
    straight from baboon barkeep. lawyer lemur is still caught up in the paperwork for that man and bird cover in the worst couples thread
    I find myself growing concerned at the workload there. Have you taken a look yet at Attorney Ape's & Counselor Capuchin's applications for employment?
    Last edited by Dan B. in the Underworld; 11-29-2012 at 11:35 AM.
    I tend to split superhero comics fans into "People who like Krypto" and "People who don't like Krypto."
    Basically, if you miss the wonder of a dog flying around in a little Superman cape, you're in the wrong hobby.

-- Reptisaurus!

Quote Originally Posted by dan bailey View Post
    I find myself growing concerned at the workload there. Have you taken a look yet at Attorney Ape's & Counselor Capuchin's applications for employment?
    they want to be partners in the firm of dr chimp & dr chimp's reflection. never i tell you never
    "...so Hitler sends Iron Jaw's son to America to get revenge on Crimebuster." S.H.

Please at least consider contracting with Paralegal Primate for some assistance.

Stress from overwork is not without its consequences. Should some sort of breakdown occur & Psychiatrist Saki have to be brought in ... things might not end the way we'd all prefer.
    Last edited by Dan B. in the Underworld; 11-29-2012 at 01:41 PM.
    I tend to split superhero comics fans into "People who like Krypto" and "People who don't like Krypto."
    Basically, if you miss the wonder of a dog flying around in a little Superman cape, you're in the wrong hobby.

-- Reptisaurus!

Quote Originally Posted by dan bailey View Post
    Please at least consider contracting with Paralegal Primate for some assistance.

Stress from overwork is not without its consequences. Should some sort of breakdown occur & Psychiatrist Saki have to be brought in ... things might not end the way we'd all prefer.
    hmm..your counsel in wise. damn good advice gibbon and his advice - making me even more megalomaniacal

Soul Gem Resident adam_warlock_2099's Avatar

and then be haunted by the lie for the next five years until you can take it no longer, and knowing that love forgives all, confess to her. To your utter surprise she takes the news badly and posts those "unusual" photos of you to all your work colleagues. But that's for 5 years older you to deal with. Your job is to live in the now
    If she posts them on the internet even if it does destroy there relationship and least he will find community website of others that share his desire to eat cheerios out of women's high heel boots ....
    "To alcohol, the cause of and solution to all of life's problems." -- Homer Simpson
    "You get what everyone gets. You get a lifetime." -- Death (Sandman)

Quote Originally Posted by adam_warlock_2099 View Post
    eat cheerios out of women's high heel boots ....
    Is that what the kids are calling it these days?

I just can't keep up with all the euphemisms. I might as well stop trying.

-- Reptisaurus!

hmm..your counsel in wise. damn good advice gibbon and his advice - making me even more megalomaniacal
    I see that nervous exhaustion has already brought on increasing incoherence.

Medic Macacque, please report to the thread.

-- Reptisaurus!

Had bizarre nightmares about vampires. They were so detailed and life-like. Read a stack of comic books last night before going to bed, but nothing gory. Just Superman and Marvel comic books I am giving away to charity.

Have continued sorting through a stack of comic books, deciding which ones are suitable for giving away to charity. Superman is very popular, as well as DC superheroes like Batman and Wonder Woman. For Marvel Spider-Man and Hulk and X-Men and The Avengers are the most popular. I have to wary of ebay sellers too because they tend to swoop on anything donated. I'm not overly fond of the ebay sellers I have to say. They are a pain really because I don't donate for them I donate for people who just want something cheap and affordable and which can bring them some happiness whereas with ebay sellers they always think with their wallets and how much profit can be made from someone elses good intentions.

Quote Originally Posted by zryson View Post
    Have continued sorting through a stack of comic books, deciding which ones are suitable for giving away to charity. Superman is very popular, as well as DC superheroes like Batman and Wonder Woman. For Marvel Spider-Man and Hulk and X-Men and The Avengers are the most popular. I have to wary of ebay sellers too because they tend to swoop on anything donated. I'm not overly fond of the ebay sellers I have to say. They are a pain really because I don't donate for them I donate for people who just want something cheap and affordable and which can bring them some happiness whereas with ebay sellers they always think with their wallets and how much profit can be made from someone elses good intentions.
    While I understand your sentiment, I am assuming the money used to purchase the books you donate goes to the charity, so while the ebayers may be looking to profit, the money they use to buy the books from the charity will at least go to a good cause. If you are looking to donate directly to readers, you may want to consider donating directly to a children's hospital, children's wing of a hospital, a school library, or shelters that put up family's or mother's with children so that the books get read rather than sold. Back when I lived in Connecticut, I used to drop off long boxes of unwanted comics to the Newington Children's hospital (it's been a decade not sure if it is still named that) and to literacy programs for young readers. Not sure what options you have locally but there are usually ways to avoid the vultures looking to profit by flipping things.
    -M
    A lunatic is easily recognized...You can tell him by the liberties he takes with common sense...and by the fact that sooner or later he brings up the Templars.
    -Umberto Eco

Hi, I give to children's hospitals. That's one of the nicer things I think. So many kids are sick in hospital so anything that can make them happy is worthwhile. One of the local comic stores takes in comic books and each year drops off items to local hospitals in the area. For the ebay sellers, I guess my frustration with them is the selfishness many of them exhibit. It seems to be all about them and their wants and needs rather than thinking more about other people. Some of them even have the nerve to complain directly to management because they feel they are entitled (!) to all the comic books which come in. Its quite staggering really.

Quote Originally Posted by zryson View Post
    Hi, I give to children's hospitals. That's one of the nicer things I think. So many kids are sick in hospital so anything that can make them happy is worthwhile. One of the local comic stores takes in comic books and each year drops off items to local hospitals in the area. For the ebay sellers, I guess my frustration with them is the selfishness many of them exhibit. It seems to be all about them and their wants and needs rather than thinking more about other people. Some of them even have the nerve to complain directly to management because they feel they are entitled (!) to all the comic books which come in. Its quite staggering really.
    Of course you could put snide little notes on the bottom of the first page like..."This Book was donated to charity, if you bought it from an ebay seller he got it from the charity!"

Of course it would detract from the "collectibility" of the boos you donate, but if they are going to readers that doesn't matter.

However, for many of the ebay sellers, it is a business, and the business of collectibles is all about buying cheap and in quantity and flipping it for a profit. Nature of the beast and all. Again, at least their money is going to the causes the charity funds.

-M
    A lunatic is easily recognized...You can tell him by the liberties he takes with common sense...and by the fact that sooner or later he brings up the Templars.
    -Umberto Eco

Hi MRP; I actually thought about doing something like that once. But yeah writing on comics drives people crazy. Some people confronted management when they were pricing the comics saying no, don't do that. We want the comics as they come in, all us. And I thought Oh Lord, some people are so selfish. One thing the charities are battling too is theft. People steal a lot actually. Not just charity but any store but I always think its sad when people do it from charity stores. For myself, I am hoping to visit some of the charities in person in the lead-up to Xmas as I am trying to find some replacement furniture. They won't take my furniture either because it has to be in at least good condition (which means no obvious faults) and I guess with my cabinets and drawers falling apart that rules me out. I'd like to find a nice compact drawer or cabinet to put in my bedroom. I'm also checking local classifieds because people give away a lot of items too, so hopefully I can find something suitable.