Page 1 of 269 123451151101 ... LastLast

Default Meanwhile.... Pt. 2

We hit 5,000 replies on Pt. 1, so we're continuing the discussion(s) here:

Here's the thread on the Classic Comics Forum for all of your tangential and off-topic conversations (although, as you know - that sort of thing isn't exactly discouraged in other threads).

Talk about your family, your jobs, your good times and bad times.

The Board Rules apply so no personal attacks, no spam, treat each other respectfully etc...

I will keep a close eye on this thread, to ensure that it is doing what we want it to do. If the tone becomes too negative, I'll bring the experiment to an end.

Some basic parameters:

•Be respectful of others and their opinions
    •Keep Political and Religious talk to a minimum
    •If you are going to discuss something controversial, don't just say "So and So sucks" and walk off.
    •If someone has written something that upsets you - take a deep breath and remember that this is just the internet
    •Speak to me about anything you think should be removed from the thread or if you need an issue addressed

Return to this initial post from time to time, as I may tweak the rules.

Have fun, but not too much fun.
    Check out my new Movie Podcast! Married With Clickers

Check Out My Blog: Seduction of the Indifferent at Seduction of the Indifferent

Look for Scott's Classic Comics Corner at Comics Should Be Good

"I'll tell you right out--I'm a man who likes talking to a man who likes to talk"

*choke* Dan B. in the Underworld's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Ranger View Post
    •Keep Political and Religious talk to a minimum
    Cthulhu for president!

OK, there's politics & religion covered.

So there.
    I tend to split superhero comics fans into "People who like Krypto" and "People who don't like Krypto."
    Basically, if you miss the wonder of a dog flying around in a little Superman cape, you're in the wrong hobby.

-- Reptisaurus!

Quote Originally Posted by dan bailey View Post
    Cthulhu for president!
    Why do you hate America? True patriots support Dormammu for president!

Cei-U!
    I summon the first flaming POTUS!
    It's hardly a secret that something is badly wrong with me. - Dan B. in the Underworld
    I am ... a condescending prick sometimes. But I usually mean to be. - Paradox
    I'm not infallible. I just act like it. - Me

You guys are both begging Trump and the Birthers to get involved!

"I'll tell you right out--I'm a man who likes talking to a man who likes to talk"

From Part 1 (since the thread's closed, no quote function available, at least not with going to more trouble than I feel like exploring ...), Max Hauser posted --

Okay... Here's the problem.

I'm convinced there is special chemistry between me and a lady I work with. This is fine as we're both single.

Two problems: One, she's ten years younger than me.

Two, when I say 'work with', I really mean 'I'm her boss'.

Not sure the first one is a problem, depending of course on the actual numbers inovlved. (I mean, if you're 23 & she's 13 ... no. Just no.) I've been all over the map as far as ages go -- my first wife was some 15 months older than me, second wife was 5 years older, subsequent gf was just under 5 years younger, one after that was a couple of months short of 10 years younger, most recent was nearly 12 1/2 years younger. In each instance, things obviously didn't work out for a variety of reasons (else those relationships wouldn't have ended in a romantic sense), but age difference wasn't among them.

As for the boss-employee situation ... yeah. That's a bit different. I met wife No. 2 when she was my boss, & the gf after that wound up among my quasi-underlings (albeit only on certain days, when she pulled a night shift, probably once a week) when I was promoted a couple of months after we got together. Didn't really matter in the first instance, in part because that situation applied only about 3 months after we got together, & the staff was so small (5, for all intents & purposes) that not many opportunities for consquences arose, really. In the second instance, friction arose a couple of times, especially when a former mutual friend (who had been my boss when I started a few years earlier) took umbrage at what he inaccurately perceived as her jilting him for me.

Tread carefully ... though of course you knew that.
    I tend to split superhero comics fans into "People who like Krypto" and "People who don't like Krypto."
    Basically, if you miss the wonder of a dog flying around in a little Superman cape, you're in the wrong hobby.

-- Reptisaurus!

Quote Originally Posted by Cei-U! View Post
    I summon the first flaming POTUS!
    Depending on which historical gossip you choose to believe, James Buchanan might want to have a word with you.

-- Reptisaurus!

Tread carefully and be prepared for a career change, if necessary.

Personally, I think love is more important than work so if it looks like something with potential - go for it. For a fling, it is not with the potential downside.

I'm a lawyer and that is all terrible legal advice.

fire her then ask her out. problem solved.
    "...so Hitler sends Iron Jaw's son to America to get revenge on Crimebuster." S.H.

I think the important thing to establish is are the feelings reciprocal? Or just one-sided? I've had both guys and gals come onto me in a professional environment and my response is always no. It doesn't mean we cannot be friendly but for something more, well I have strict guidelines I adhere to when it comes to that and nobody I have worked with in a professional sense rocks my world that way. And even if by chance I met somebody who did, well the answer is still no. Work is work.

I'm thinking about upgrading my digital camera (ie buying a new one). But I don't know if its worth it? The one I have is still functioning. And I tend to cling to things until they are falling apart, and even then sometimes still very much so. I was given a much better digital camera earlier this year but I gave it away because I figured I did not need two of them. Some people I meet/know tend to upgrade every time a new model comes out. I don't really see the logic of doing that plus it would get very expensive too.

Depending on which historical gossip you choose to believe, James Buchanan might want to have a word with you.
    If Buchanan's head was perpetually shrouded in the Flames of the Faltine, he was hands down the coolest president ever!

Cei-U!
    I summon the White House smoke detectors!
    It's hardly a secret that something is badly wrong with me. - Dan B. in the Underworld
    I am ... a condescending prick sometimes. But I usually mean to be. - Paradox
    I'm not infallible. I just act like it. - Me

...the gf after that wound up among my quasi-underlings (albeit only on certain days, when she pulled a night shift,...
    'nuff said...

Quote Originally Posted by dr chimp View Post
    Make sure you mention that "you did everything in your power to try to save her job."
    "It's just lines on paper, folks!"

Quote Originally Posted by MDG View Post
    'nuff said...
    Nicely played, sir.

-- Reptisaurus!

Quote Originally Posted by dr chimp View Post
    Nice to hear from my attorney on this issue.

Was Lawyer Lemur consulted?

-- Reptisaurus!

Nice to hear from my attorney on this issue.

Was Lawyer Lemur consulted?
    straight from baboon barkeep. lawyer lemur is still caught up in the paperwork for that man and bird cover in the worst couples thread
    "...so Hitler sends Iron Jaw's son to America to get revenge on Crimebuster." S.H.