Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    Veteran Member Juggernaut Punch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post
    The Avengers wanted take her into protective custody

Where we don't know

THe one who wanted the PF have it's way with her Blast Logan on the moon when Hope called out to him to kill her cause she couldn't handle it

According to the writers if everyone had followed the Scotts plan to the tee, the earth would've been destroyed.
    They said they wanted to take her off-world. Unless someone throws Dakota into space, off-world probably means the Moon or some orbiting satellite.

Quote Originally Posted by Relique View Post
    The Avengers.
    Thanks, MASSIVELY, to the X-Men. (if you're gonna argue "Avenger Success")
    cpjudd.com

"Um, blah, blah, blah. And, Girl Power. Feminism, d'you know what I mean?"

I don't think either of them won really. All Wolverine accomplished was the assimiliation of most of his team into the Avengers. Cyclops lost Utopia and his relationship with Emma and now his team are bad guys.

They both lost - the X Men as a force for good no longer exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post
    The Avengers wanted take her into protective custody

Where we don't know

THe one who wanted the PF have it's way with her Blast Logan on the moon when Hope called out to him to kill her cause she couldn't handle it

According to the writers if everyone had followed the Scotts plan to the tee, the earth would've been destroyed.
    The same writers who couldn't be ass to use Phoenix history, because inconvenient and confusing. But let me add Chinese mythology to this shit, because that fits, or my favorite, training even though you don't train to be the Phoenix you are the Phoenix. Or set aside plot points like the 5 lights, hey can't use Idie, or the kid that should have been born by now, no Cable. Yeah they're right, as long as they ignored X-Men history they can set up anything they want.

Quote Originally Posted by Juggernaut Punch View Post
    They said they wanted to take her off-world. Unless someone throws Dakota into space, off-world probably means the Moon or some orbiting satellite.
    Off world is off world we don't know where, hell kun'lun is off world

What you said was all assumption

I'll put it this way. Blue team either loss or earned a Pyhrric victory. Hated, feared, the only group that possibly likes him is CatXF. Most of blue team assimilated to the gold team, and the only one's are wanted, or terrorist.

True Superior Spider-Man Kurolegacy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by motherofpearl1 View Post
    I don't think either of them won really. All Wolverine accomplished was the assimiliation of most of his team into the Avengers. Cyclops lost Utopia and his relationship with Emma and now his team are bad guys.

They both lost - the X Men as a force for good no longer exist.
    If by most you mean 3 people then yes most of his team were assimilated.
    Holding out for a Peter/Miles team up.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthCyclopsRLZ View Post
    The hilarious part about this little bit is that the Blue siders are *still* an integral part your narrative.
    Of course they are. Fate generally requires mortals to do its bidding. That doesn't mean the decisions by those mortals were anything more than Fate guiding them to the outcome it desired. All of the mortals involved are still part of the narrative. A pawn may be an important chess piece but that doesn't change the fact it is still a pawn being manipulated by the chess player. The outcome of the narrative was decided the minute the PF made it's move toward earth and not by the actions of those mortals. All those actions did was change how the outcome was achieved but not the actual outcome itself.
    Last edited by remydat; 11-30-2012 at 07:37 AM.
    It's hard for me to listen to people not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

"Let me go first Lorna. I'm their freaking King!"

Quote Originally Posted by yanapryde View Post
    But both sides had a very real expiration date, without Hope and Wanda reigniting the mutant race.
    Eventually, the students would get old, and move on, and die. Everyone but Rockslide and Wolverine would be left.
    And with no more mutants, that leaves a very empty school and a very empty island.[/B]
    Is this really true though? Wanda had restored some mutants without the PF in Children's Crusade. She probably could have restored more during the time spent with the Avengers and X-men arguing with each other. Of course that was on a much smaller scale but at least it would have been people who actually wanted to be mutant. I can't remember if at the end of the story she lost her powers to restore them but the point is the PF route was not the only option. Given the nature of the MU, it is likely other options would have presented themselves at some point.

But to support your other point, a lot of this stuff would likely have been resolved a long time ago if Blue, Gold and Avenger teams weren't competing for who could do the best job of being stupid rather than resolving things sensibly.
    Last edited by remydat; 11-30-2012 at 07:35 AM.
    It's hard for me to listen to people not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    Is this really true though? .
    Yes. Yes it is. Thank you for asking.
    Hugs Not Drugs.
    cpjudd.com

"Um, blah, blah, blah. And, Girl Power. Feminism, d'you know what I mean?"

Quote Originally Posted by yanapryde View Post
    Yes. Yes it is. Thank you for asking.
    Hugs Not Drugs.
    Haha, agree to disagree then.

Few days on drugs? Lovely pepper's Avatar

Jean returns as a teenager. Wolverine wins.

And teen jean loses

Quote Originally Posted by stussyjones View Post
    And teen jean loses
    Only if she dies, Wolverine falls in love with a clone of hers, she comes back, he dumps the clone and his son for her, they get married, he enters into a psychic affair with another women responsible for her first death and then she dies again while writers inexplicably write her mindfu*king Wolverine into entering into a relationship with that hot mistress responsible for her first death.

Kind of sad to think of how low the bar is set for Wolverne not to be a bigger douche than her previous boyfriend/husband.

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    Only if she dies, Wolverine falls in love with a clone of hers, she comes back, he dumps the clone and his son for her, they get married, he enters into a psychic affair with another women responsible for her first death and then she dies again while writers inexplicably write her mindfu*king Wolverine into entering into a relationship with that hot mistress responsible for her first death.

Kind of sad to think of how low the bar is set for Wolverne not to be a bigger douche than her previous boyfriend/husband.
    So true but i have faith in wolverine to be more of a dumbass then cyclops as we see in ANXM
    Last edited by stussyjones; 11-30-2012 at 08:27 AM.