Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Slott should've trolled us with this, just for laughs.

I would've 'leaked' an early sketch of this months ago, assuming it was done, when we were still cloudy on the events of #700. The Ben Reilly speculation would've been--wait fir it--epic.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1240470_ful.jpg  

Slott shouldn't be trolling us at all. I'm a bit sick of the trolling fans but still knowing they'll buy it 'cause it's another one of these 'can't miss' events. Focus on telling good Spider-Man stories FFS.

Quote Originally Posted by Juxtapozed View Post
    Slott shouldn't be trolling us at all. I'm a bit sick of the trolling fans but still knowing they'll buy it 'cause it's another one of these 'can't miss' events. Focus on telling good Spider-Man stories FFS.
    Lighten up. I think Slott has done an admirable job of teasing just enough bits and having fun with fans over a character and a story that we are clearly excited about; he has leaked little bits of info for months and told us all how big it will be. He even went on record weeks ago letting retailers know they weren't ordering enough of #698 and told us all---again---just how important that issue would be (he was right; it sold out immediately and went back for a second printing). None of this is "trolling"; at least not in my book. Oh----and I think Slott is telling good Spider-Man stories; even great ones. FFS.
    "What oldschool said"
    The Shadow, 2008

Quote Originally Posted by oldschool View Post
    Lighten up. I think Slott has done an admirable job of teasing just enough bits and having fun with fans over a character and a story that we are clearly excited about; he has leaked little bits of info for months and told us all how big it will be. He even went on record weeks ago letting retailers know they weren't ordering enough of #698 and told us all---again---just how important that issue would be (he was right; it sold out immediately and went back for a second printing). None of this is "trolling"; at least not in my book. Oh----and I think Slott is telling good Spider-Man stories; even great ones. FFS.
    This. I can't take anymore trolling. My heart is weakening.
    I want to reach 20 years at least.
    Junk head. Amazing stop-motion animation. http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/junk-head-2--2

Scott Summers IS NOT a delusional egotist.

Quote Originally Posted by kitonok View Post
    This. I can't take anymore trolling. My heart is weakening.
    I want to reach 20 years at least.
    xDDDDDDD

Nahh, I think teasing sometimes is funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_Legend View Post
    xDDDDDDD

Nahh, I think teasing sometimes is funny.
    It is, especially when it's as masterfully done as by The Slott. He's like a double reverse quadruple agent of teasing.
    Junk head. Amazing stop-motion animation. http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/junk-head-2--2

Scott Summers IS NOT a delusional egotist.

Veteran Member

This is the danger of calling everything "trolling". The word loses all meaning. Folks like yourself would have called Stan's coper copy "trolling".

You search comic news/gossip/teasers out. If it bugs you when you find it, stop looking for it.

SW

I find lots of news and interviews where we as readers are treated with more respect. It's this "you're gonna be so PISSED but I know you still buy my stuff!" that gets me. And I think Stan has always shown huge respect to us readers.

And Mr. Wacker, read the first post. Trolling was mentioned even there, I was replying.

Veteran Member

I find lots of news and interviews where we as readers are treated with more respect. It's this "you're gonna be so PISSED but I know you still buy my stuff!" that gets me. And I think Stan has always shown huge respect to us readers.
    The problem is you invented that quote that has you so upset. You're projecting your own sort of arrogance that no one on the book feels.

And I'm sorry, but people always tell me what Stan "would have done" and it's never true. Marvel pioneered that sort of over the top "you won't believe your eyes" marketing. It's in our DNA and I don't think we should shy away from it just because a few fans on internet feel they've outgrown it or want to pretend they're offended.

Again, it's easy to avoid this stuff if it has you this clenched.

SW

Would love if it happened to be Ben but don't think it will be at all

Wait...where is this art from? It's hard to tell for certain at that size, but that seems to be SSM on the right, which pretty heavily suggests that SSM is Ock.

Spider-man/DCU Moderator ShaggyB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shade 20x6 View Post
    Wait...where is this art from? It's hard to tell for certain at that size, but that seems to be SSM on the right, which pretty heavily suggests that SSM is Ock.
    I posted it yesterday in one 9of the 700 threads. Its the Midtowncomics variants for 700 and the other half is the Superior #1 variant for midtowncomics.

Spider-man/DCU Moderator ShaggyB's Avatar

slott isnt trolling you. If you are following his interviews and twitter/facebook/whatever social media, you are actively following him.

Quote Originally Posted by stephen wacker View Post
    The problem is you invented that quote that has you so upset. You're projecting your own sort of arrogance that no one on the book feels.

And I'm sorry, but people always tell me what Stan "would have done" and it's never true. Marvel pioneered that sort of over the top "you won't believe your eyes" marketing. It's in our DNA and I don't think we should shy away from it just because a few fans on internet feel they've outgrown it or want to pretend they're offended.

Again, it's easy to avoid this stuff if it has you this clenched.

SW
    This. Times 1,000,000. I have the (mis)fortune of being old enough to have started reading Marvel in the 1970's when Stan was still very much involved with the books and he was Hypemaster General----just about every other month there was a "THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING!! NOT A DREAM!!! YOU CANNOT AFFORD TO MISS THIS ISSUE!!!!" caption on the cover of my issue. Some folks seem to have a very selective sense of history in their haste to hate everything today.
    "What oldschool said"
    The Shadow, 2008

Quote Originally Posted by ShaggyB View Post
    I posted it yesterday in one 9of the 700 threads. Its the Midtowncomics variants for 700 and the other half is the Superior #1 variant for midtowncomics.
    Interesting, thanks.