Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

She had a nightmare about being back in the chair once.
    Comics I'm reading RIGHT NOW: Batgirl, Batman, Suicide Squad, Catwoman, Nightwing, Red Hood, Death Of The Family, H'El On Earth, All New X Men, Avengers, Uncanny Avengers, Avengers Arena, Thor

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebow View Post
    I think that Oracle appearing in the new reality is unlikely as long as people are still unhappy about the re-boot. Maybe if the fuss dies eventually down, but not soon.

Not just "not soon" - NEVER. I'm happy with the reboot, Barbara Gordon-wise, those who don't: GET OVER IT. Think AHEAD, not the now PAST of August or below, 2011!
    Last edited by ngroove; 11-29-2012 at 08:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    And on the other other hand, there is the danger that Oracle would just look too good next to Batgirl
    No, the other way around. Glasses alone makes Barbara lookin' like a nerd, but without legs, she can't jump, leap, charge, kick, dance, walk, or even strut her thing!

Plus, legs makes someone obviously taller, than someone who sits.
    Last edited by ngroove; 11-29-2012 at 08:54 AM.

Hi, I'm new here. I wanted to come here and share my speculation that they are setting up Bette Kane to be the the nDC52 Oracle? why else would they injure her so quickly? Also while I think that Bette still has an important role in cousin Kate's life that is playing out, I don't think Kate should be the only interest she pursues.

The Dominoed Daredoll batGRRRl4ever's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LostinFandom View Post
    Hi, I'm new here. I wanted to come here and share my speculation that they are setting up Bette Kane to be the the nDC52 Oracle? why else would they injure her so quickly? Also while I think that Bette still has an important role in cousin Kate's life that is playing out, I don't think Kate should be the only interest she pursues.
    Well first welcome Your theory is interesting, but I think a little out in left field. With Flamebird's name being more in line with the Phoenix, and the fact that the title she's in has ever increasing supernatural elements, I wouldn't be surprised if she gets magical flame bird powers or the like frankly. Otherwise the plot would just be too on the nose of what's happening in the Batgirl title with Bab's getting out of her wheelchair and recovering both mind and body.
    Pull list:
    Batgirl, Earth 2, Inhuman, Justice League Beyond 2.0, Letter 44, She-Hulk, Swamp Thing, Ultimate FF

Quote Originally Posted by twolves21235 View Post
    BTW does anyone know which issue it was that Barbara gets her legs back? THat's a story i'd love to read
    It's not a story that has been told yet.
    'The marquis. Well, you know, to be honest, he seems a little bit dodgy to me.'
    'Mm,' she agreed. 'He's a little bit dodgy in the same way that rats are a little bit covered in fur."

Quote Originally Posted by Liquid?! View Post
    She had a nightmare about being back in the chair once.
    She is back in a chair in the flash forward scene in Batman Inc. 5...but that's actually the least of her problems...
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

The Older Waiter Brave Sir Robbin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by batGRRRl4ever View Post
    Well first welcome Your theory is interesting, but I think a little out in left field. With Flamebird's name being more in line with the Phoenix, and the fact that the title she's in has ever increasing supernatural elements, I wouldn't be surprised if she gets magical flame bird powers or the like frankly. Otherwise the plot would just be too on the nose of what's happening in the Batgirl title with Bab's getting out of her wheelchair and recovering both mind and body.

How far fetched can anything be in comics? Plus, this being the New 52, we don't know what being Flamebird meant or will mean, really. She appears in Batwoman as a normal Bat type vigilante who was subject to heavy handed tough love by Kate and reacted by with a disastrous decision to prove herself. So far, her role has been more as another member of the dysfunctional Kane family, providing drama as the Colonel deals with his guilt and sees Bette as another chance to help family. We don't know what will happen now that she is out of her coma. That is a real tabula rosa.

I think that Simone's idea for Oracle (remember, she made Oracle the great character she was) seems to be to fold those talents into the young Babs. Despite the naysayers opinion, I think she is clearly shown to be extremely intelligent and has set her sights on gaining technical understanding Oracle possessed to do her job. But I don't sew how Oracle's leadership will develop in the current situation unless that is yet to come in the book.

But this sort of seems like Batgirl will be a young female Batman, at least in use of the cyber world and technical expertise. So we have Babs as a potential Batman with no Wayne Industries funding. As one poster loves to note, she doesn't even have a job! How can you be a super hero when you are eating ramen with your artist buddy in a cheap apartment? But, I see a solution! Batgirl takes Bette under her wing and taps into those big Kane family bucks that Batwoman uses for her war chest, with the Colonel backing them both Bette and Babs ups. Now that could provide Batgirl with money for her future crime fighting, start her Oracle type family of female Gotham crime fighters, and tap into the huge Kane family drama just for a bonus.

I assume that will never happen by the way.
    Current Favorites: The Goon, Batgirl, Chew, Alex + Ada,The Sixth Gun, Saga, Diskordia, Think Tank, Archie, Rachel Rising, Red Sonja, X, Wonder Woman, Powerpuff Girls

Quote Originally Posted by LostinFandom View Post
    Bette hasn't lost the use of her legs, so if she does become Oracle it won't be the wheelchair-bound type.

Having said that . . . nah, I don't think she'll become Oracle. Whatever the plans for her, they were in place long before the New 52, back when there was already an Oracle.

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    there's simply no way this Babs has any of the skills or brains required to be Oracle.
    Of course not. She's much younger and has much less experience. But the potential is still there.
    Jim Zimmerman
    Co-moderator, CBR Batman Forum

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jim View Post
    Of course not. She's much younger and has much less experience. But the potential is still there.
    I'm not seeing the potential.
    She's 20-ish or so?
    There is absolutely no reason why she couldn't already be very good with computers. She's just had 3 whole years to get those skills. Nevermind that anybody relatively intelligent who is her age should know more about computers than she does in this day and age.

But sure, it's possible she doesn't have the skills yet. The intelligence though, that should be innate.
    'The marquis. Well, you know, to be honest, he seems a little bit dodgy to me.'
    'Mm,' she agreed. 'He's a little bit dodgy in the same way that rats are a little bit covered in fur."

The Alpha and The Omega Godlike13's Avatar

We have no clue what she knows about computers one way or another. And the funny thing is when she does use a damn computer in the series, people still go on about that she used "Google".
    Last edited by Godlike13; 12-01-2012 at 04:18 AM.

FF purist-snob

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jim View Post
    This is pretty much my take on nu-Barbara Gordon. Oracle had probably more experience as Batgirl than the current Barbara, plus she did have a career as a librarian where she could have been using computer skills (updating a 1960's profession to using 21st century tools). Nu-Barbara's a kid. Oracle was an adult who was forced to develop other skills to make her a more interesting character.

I think Oracle would have lots of words of advice for nu-Barbara regarding growing in different areas, whether it's computers, or dealing with people and developing leadership talents.
    "Cant say it better than CaptCleghorn." - RolandJP