Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default H'el On Earth - General Discussion

So, we're now four issues in to the first Super Family Crossover of the New 52 - I thought we could use a place to discuss it in it's entirety rather than just the individual issues.

Unusually for something like this, I'm really digging each title's contributions to the story. Superman #13/#14 have been the two strongest issues the title's had, and the Superboy issue was the first one in months that I found readable.

I'm also really enjoying how each different title feels like part of the same story, rather than the Bat Style "main story and tie-ins". It's a simple, graspable idea - taking Superman, Supergirl and Superboy and presenting them with a character that examines their views about their shared heritage - but a story that goes big in a very real way.

Clark quits the Planet, Lois and Clark define their "best friends and partners" relationship, the Teen Titans fight H'el, Superman goes to Luthor for help, the Justice League launch an assault on the Fortress of solitude....

It's going massive around it's very simple core, and I'm loving the hell out of it. I only hope we can get it all collected (with the zero issues?) into a single, massive trade.

Quote Originally Posted by Claude View Post
    So, we're now four issues in to the first Super Family Crossover of the New 52 - I thought we could use a place to discuss it in it's entirety rather than just the individual issues.

Unusually for something like this, I'm really digging each title's contributions to the story. Superman #13/#14 have been the two strongest issues the title's had, and the Superboy issue was the first one in months that I found readable.

I'm also really enjoying how each different title feels like part of the same story, rather than the Bat Style "main story and tie-ins". It's a simple, graspable idea - taking Superman, Supergirl and Superboy and presenting them with a character that examines their views about their shared heritage - but a story that goes big in a very real way.

Clark quits the Planet, Lois and Clark define their "best friends and partners" relationship, the Teen Titans fight H'el, Superman goes to Luthor for help, the Justice League launch an assault on the Fortress of solitude....

It's going massive around it's very simple core, and I'm loving the hell out of it. I only hope we can get it all collected (with the zero issues?) into a single, massive trade.
    Agreed with everything. I too want the collection. Great stuffs. Will add more eventually.

BANNED

I've been really skeptical about the whole thing, so I'm pleased with how it's turned out so far. I'm also glad that I don't need to read Superboy to keep up with Superman and Supergirl.

H'El as a villain is intriguing so far, but we still need to learn a bit more about him.

Inf‚me et fier de l'Ítre Auguste Dupin's Avatar

I kinda like his motives, the whole "saving Krypton" thing. Wonder what his plan actually is,though.
    I'm glad I don't have to read Superboy to get so far, so that's a plus.
    "I'm going to paraphrase Nietzsche, when you judge a work, the work judges you."

When this event was announced I was counting on skipping it.

Now I'm hoping it's collected all together so I can read through it again.
    Grandparents dead - please no jokes

make mine DC, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Claude View Post
    It's going massive around it's very simple core, and I'm loving the hell out of it.
    Thank you for not making the obligatory "... and I'm loving the H'el out of it." joke.

For some one with human friends in her own series, Supergirl's coming off a little like the old school Eradicator here...
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

Quote Originally Posted by Hostile Kangaroo View Post
    Thank you for not making the obligatory "... and I'm loving the H'el out of it." joke.
    I'm not going to lie, it was a struggle.

I started following it simply because of Rocafort's art, but now I'm really liking it, I picked yp Supergirl's side of the event too and I'm really glad I did, that book is pretty good as well :D
    but then there's Superboy, I just don't care about him :( I rather they introduce Powergirl instead

now back on topic, this H'el dude is playing the old and tired "humans exist only to kill each other" card and that's my only complain so far

Going from Superman #0 straight into this has been a pretty good gateway into the Superman fam for me. Really enjoying the 2/3 of the story I'm reading. Enjoying it much more than the Catwoman portions of the Batman "crossovers" I've read in the new 52.

It's Lexrules... GET HIM. Lexrules's Avatar

Could somebody tell me what the H'el is going on.

BANNED

QUESTION --- when H'el on Earth is collected will the superman,girl,boy issues be collected togethor presumably in the order they came out or will they be put in there own graphic novels

Quote Originally Posted by Movieartman View Post
    QUESTION --- when H'el on Earth is collected will the superman,girl,boy issues be collected togethor presumably in the order they came out or will they be put in there own graphic novels
    For the most part, the New 52 seems to be pretty good about collecting stories in it's Collections rather than just titles - so the second JLI trade contains the revelvant Firestorm issue(s), and Blue Beetle has the issues of New Guardians that introduce a character her crosses over later.

And given that this is a more integrated crossover than Night of the Owls, I'd say it's very likely to have the three titles' issues collected in the same book. Maybe in two volumes?

Optic Blast, Optic Blast B. Kuwanger's Avatar

Default Escape from Lois drama

Well, the crossover will be too long for one trade, but will probably matter considerably with each particular title....so I dunno.

I think the comics have been strongest at giving H'el interactions with the Super characters, but at this point he really is just a vastly powerful liar. In #14 he was a pro-athlete who couldn't find his coke and took it out on Superman. Nuts.

And poor Superboy so far. As in the comic and its title character. I thought I wanted him trashed, but now that it's happening....

It's Lexrules... GET HIM. Lexrules's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by B. Kuwanger View Post
    Well, the crossover will be too long for one trade, but will probably matter considerably with each particular title....so I dunno.

I think the comics have been strongest at giving H'el interactions with the Super characters, but at this point he really is just a vastly powerful liar. In #14 he was a pro-athlete who couldn't find his coke and took it out on Superman. Nuts.

And poor Superboy so far. As in the comic and its title character. I thought I wanted him trashed, but now that it's happening....
    3 books instead of 1. To H'el with that.