Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    The Slender Man vampiric_cannibal's Avatar

Xavier sucks. Assimilationists are traitors. He corrupted Logan. Cyclops is the one with the right ideas, because he saw every flaw in Xavier's ideology and adapted it to even more extreme circumstances.

Great issue, I really enjoyed it. I think it may only get better, for the next year at least.
    I would like to say for the record that this is the FIRST TIME I've withheld dong when someone was so desperately asking for some.
    Brian C Wood

What did everyone think of The Buy Pile review:

Still, it couldn't have been as insane as "All-New X-Men" #2, which had the original five X-Men time traveling to the modern day to marvel (sort of) at our flat, shiny televisions and boggle at the events of the many years in between. Wow. Just ... this was an idea? Even with Hank McCoy's health issues, even with the fact that Scott Summers and Wanda Maximoff have, in essence, become the mutant threat that humanity always feared ... it's mind boggling to run these ideas as a set of talking heads, only more insane with the idea that young, unskilled Scott is on his way to try to talk down "murder? Sure, some murder is okay" fugitive Scott. Let's say it as the interwebs would: "Mutants. Wut R U Doin? Mutants. Stahp."
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=42419

Pretty harsh. I wasn't a huge fan of the issue either, but he's quite negative about the concept too.
    I write comic book reviews every Wednesday using pages from each book. Check it: Is It Good?: All the Best Books of the Day Reviewed!

The Slender Man vampiric_cannibal's Avatar

The Buy Pile doesn't review, or even offer buying advice. Its some self important fan being all hipster and jaded. Does anyone follow it? I only read it when I'm bored mindless and already on CBR.
    I would like to say for the record that this is the FIRST TIME I've withheld dong when someone was so desperately asking for some.
    Brian C Wood

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    With regards to the O5's reactions...there's one factor most of you'll really haven't taken into consideration-Perspective.

There are innumerable stories of superheroes traveling to the future and/or learning about a bad future, and trying to prevent it (the X-men's very own Days of Future Past being a prominent example). It's a well known trope of the superhero genre. So, from the O5's POV, they have basically traveled to another one of the 'bad future', dark 'alternate future timelines' which most superheroes tend to run into.

We know that this future is REAL because we've seen it unfold for the last fifty years in 'continuity'...but from the POV of the O5, its just another 'possible future/alternate future timeline' which they wouldn't mind averting in the least.
    Except that the O5 seen here have been taken from the past so far that they had not yet experienced any of the horrible alternate future timelines that we've read over the years.

That said, I'm just loving this series so far. Despite my apprehension at the premise, Immonen's amazing artistry got me looking but if he keeps this up Bendis just might keep me reading.

All I can say is that the art has been out of this world good. The coloring, ink, everything is top notch. This is easily the best looking book of the Marvel Now! lineup.

Quote Originally Posted by godzilla2099 View Post
    I read your review and I thought you hit some good points.

As for Beast choosing the 05, yeah, not the brightest idea and there could have been a dozed better solutions than that plan. But I remember an issue of WATXM where Beast was looking at a picture of the 05. It looked like Xavier was giving him a telepathic message of some sort.

Xavier has been a shady character recently and Beast hasn't been making great choices over the last few years either so who knows
    Yeah, I remember that scene you're talking about. Xavier did seem to know something and it would make more sense if this was part of some larger contingency plan. But for the moment, it seems like Beast just chose this moment in the X-men's history randomly. I hope it's not that random because it ignores just how much flexibility he had with a time cube at his disposal. That's really the only shortcoming of All New X-men thus far. If Bendis can resolve that by the end of the first arc, I think that'll really go a long ways towards making this series even better.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

X-men Supreme

Just read it. So boring. Why is any of this even happening???
    I Draw Pictures All Day:
    http://mikesegawa.com/

Quote Originally Posted by nosocialize100 View Post

Pretty harsh. I wasn't a huge fan of the issue either, but he's quite negative about the concept too.
    this always happens, good reviews on CBR get bad reviews on the Buy Pile. I find them both very subjective, and it seems to reflect the reviewer's mood too!
    which is sad... but check and compare, when a book gets a must read on the Buy Pile, it will generally get bad reviews somewhere else and viceversa...
    Comic Book Deaths 2012
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7SvM6adTeY

Bring back Ultimate DAZZLER!!

Veteran Member Juggernaut Punch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nosocialize100 View Post

He's not wrong, the very idea that bringing the O5 to the present is somehow going to make Scott lay down his arms and come crawling back to Logan is ludicrous. I think it has potential, but at the face of it, it is just extremely stupid. Like most of the things Beast has done the last couple of years.

I mean, how would you feel if your 10 year old self came back from the past to lecture you on how kissing is icky, or how masturbating makes you go blind or whatever nonsense you believed in as a kid? That's essentially whats going on here. Beast expects a teenager who has absolutely no idea about what has been going on for the last 50 years of X-Men history to talk his future self out of a course of action that he believes is the only thing that will save mutantkind. To put it in perspective, Teenage Scott doesn't know anything about :

The Phoenix, his children, Apocalypse, Mr. Sinister, his parents, all the alien invasions, the various futures where mutants are killed or oppressed, the Decimation, Professor Xaviers dirty doings, Norman Osbourne, the MRD, all the anti-mutant bigots like the Purifiers, Bastion, Hope Summers, Utopia, and much, much, much more.
    Last edited by Juggernaut Punch; 12-13-2012 at 11:05 AM.