Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

You know what? I like and am impressed by your attitude towards this. I agree that, if we can speculate, a year or more with Ock as Spidey might be a bit much, but it's just speculation. And I kinda look forward to issue 699, it might be fun to learn when the switch took place and see if there's been many hints towards it. I'll also try not to whine about the same things over and over, but I won't shut up either. ;-)

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by GDB View Post
    I'm buying, and by obvious extension reading, ASM 700, but will not be picking up SS-M #1. Why? I only bought #700 because it had such a good sale price on DCBS and I was ordering the whole Ben Reilly saga anyway (and obviously ordered #699 along with it, and picked up #698 at the local shop when it came out to have the whole "arc"). So unless Ben is going to be the Superior Spider-Man (and considering you all have been doing everything in your power to make him seem as worthless as possible, I doubt you'd let him take back over, especially with a "Superior" tagline), I have no interest.
    You will definitely read SS-M #1. You might not admit it, but you will.

SW

I had a thought, yes ONE! Everybody is wondering how Pete will be affected but what about Ock. He is/was both mentally and physically joined to his tentacles, what if he suffers from withdrawal symptoms and they now want payback for their betrayal. "Oh I'm going to give you such a b###h-slapping you...You you!" Only saying it could happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Juxtapozed View Post
    You know what? I like and am impressed by your attitude towards this. I agree that, if we can speculate, a year or more with Ock as Spidey might be a bit much, but it's just speculation. And I kinda look forward to issue 699, it might be fun to learn when the switch took place and see if there's been many hints towards it. I'll also try not to whine about the same things over and over, but I won't shut up either. ;-)
    So soon after having read that Lizard story with Doc Conners retaining his Lizard mind in his human body and trying to fool people, I gotta say, I think Dan is gonna put this new Spider-Man in some hilarious situations. I thought it was pretty funny with the Lizard all of sudden appreciating the joys of doritos and video games after all.

The really cool thing about all this is what will happen for Pete to regain his body back? How will this affect Spidey in the Avengers and his general relationships across the board? We have no idea how much damage Ock can do with Spider-Man's life and it's gonna be interesting to see how everything plays out. I can totally see Peter getting back in his body and discovering that he's become mistrusted by all the heroes and could damage his reputation until it's him against the world, trying to recover his identity and good name. It's not often our super heroes are placed in a truly scary place like this. Imagine what it would be like being trapped in a dying body on life support? How does that change Peter? What will happen to Ock after all is said and done? For my money, this is far more disturbing than anything you'd expect from a super villians desperate end game.

If it would lead to Peter becoming a loner again, no longer an Avenger, and misunderstood again, there might be something good out of all this. I wish I could be as optimistic about the upcoming Superior S-M. Maybe once I've read through some of Dan Slotts run again. How did you all find Ends of the Earth? I was kind of dissapointed there and didn't read the final two issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Dog View Post
    Tell us the same story in January.
    Well, not quite January, but got my shipment and finished reading. Not impressed at all. Not only am I not picking up Superior Spider-man, but I'm close to tossing 698, 699, 699.1, and 700 up on eBay.