Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast
Results 121 to 135 of 186
  1. #121
    Iron Patriot Stars 'N Stripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    788

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by L-Dizzy View Post
    I have to agree with Juxtapozed on this one, issue 700 does feel like a jumping off point for ol' Spidey.
    Nevertheless, I will check out the first issue of Superior.
    By the by, does anyone like the logo for Superior, I just wanted to know because I felt it is pretty generic in my opinion.
    I sure don't, it's a poor design for a cover logo, really. Dunno what the deal with the "paperclips" is.

  2. #122
    Senior Member classicgmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    4,945

    Default

    To anyone who is thinking of "jumping off" after ASM # 700 I'd just like to personally invite you to come on over to Scarlet Spider if you're not already onboard Kaine kicks ass & should fill the "Peter Parker void" that you might be feeling in your life after ASM# 700.

  3. #123
    Sad Hawkguy in the snow CyberHubbs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Arlington, TX
    Posts
    24,194

    Default

    It's a half-finished logo being spun by spiders. That's pretty cool.
    I know Kevin Nichols through a guy that knows a gal. Small world!

    If nihilism didn't take some delight in destruction one might suspect nihilists were an unnaturally morbid sort.
    -Theophilus

  4. #124
    Senior Member Lars C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,506

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by classicgmer View Post
    To anyone who is thinking of "jumping off" after ASM # 700 I'd just like to personally invite you to come on over to Scarlet Spider if you're not already onboard Kaine kicks ass & should fill the "Peter Parker void" that you might be feeling in your life after ASM# 700.
    True. Reading and loving Scarlet Spider. Kaine's great! He's even a bit 'dark and weird'. I didn't like the Minimum Carnage arc very much, but I have high hopes that it'll get back on track in the next issue. And it's only 2,99 once a month! :-)

  5. #125
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    6,858

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Juxtapozed View Post
    True. But 12 bucks is still much considering there is also many other comics that are interesting.
    I'd skip 'em. You should only spend your money on books that interest you

    SW

  6. #126
    Senior Member Lars C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,506

    Default

    They Interest me, quite a lot even. But if I don't like what happens I don't want to support it either. It's more about that than the extra four bucks or if it's interesting. If I wouldn't care I wouldn't hang here, eh?

  7. #127
    Like a boss E. Wilson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    2,769

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Juxtapozed View Post
    They Interest me, quite a lot even. But if I don't like what happens I don't want to support it either.
    So, let me see if I understand. You want to know what happens, but you don't want to spend money in case you don't like what happens? That's...that's kind of the dilemma every customer of fiction from the dawn of time has faced.

  8. #128
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    6,858

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Juxtapozed View Post
    They Interest me, quite a lot even. But if I don't like what happens I don't want to support it either. It's more about that than the extra four bucks or if it's interesting. If I wouldn't care I wouldn't hang here, eh?
    I can't follow you.

    SW

  9. #129
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    3,257

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stephen wacker View Post
    I can't follow you.

    SW
    Is Superior Spider-Man in the same publishing schedule as ASM, i.e. bi-weekly?

  10. #130
    Marked for Redemption David Walton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    13,414

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by One More Day View Post
    Is Superior Spider-Man in the same publishing schedule as ASM, i.e. bi-weekly?
    Nah. He's superior, dammit! Pete was slacker. SSM now hits stands thrice daily.

    Take that, Wolverine!
    "I came to the conclusion that the optimist thought everything good except the pessimist, and the pessimist thought everything bad, except himself." -- G.K. Chesterton

  11. #131
    Senior Member ViewtifulJC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    2,018

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by E. Wilson View Post
    So, let me see if I understand. You want to know what happens, but you don't want to spend money in case you don't like what happens? That's...that's kind of the dilemma every customer of fiction from the dawn of time has faced.
    Yeah, right before they turn to pirating

  12. #132
    Science > Politics Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Monroe, NY
    Posts
    5,095

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by E. Wilson View Post
    So, let me see if I understand. You want to know what happens, but you don't want to spend money in case you don't like what happens? That's...that's kind of the dilemma every customer of fiction from the dawn of time has faced.
    I don't know about you man, but I require the receipt of an annotated script before I plunk down 10 whole bucks for a movie.
    Every week, I write about the science in comic books and what it says about our real world!
    Check it out, if you'd like!

  13. #133
    Spider-man/DCU Moderator ShaggyB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    In Moderator land
    Posts
    28,618

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by One More Day View Post
    Is Superior Spider-Man in the same publishing schedule as ASM, i.e. bi-weekly?
    ASM isnt bi-weekly, its twice a month. For Example: Sometimes its the first and the last week of the month.

    As to your question. I asked him that a month or so ago and he confirmed it as twice a month just like ASM. Likewise the solicitations confirm its twice a month too.

  14. #134
    Senior Member Lars C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,506

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stephen wacker View Post
    I can't follow you.

    SW
    Sorry. Swedish. :-)
    I mean that I'm interested in Spider-Man, for sure. But if this turns out to be something I won't like I'll "vote with my wallet" and let these comics be my jumping off point. Of course I have no idea what's going to happen, so my mind isn't made up. But I have limited patience with Soiddy considering crap like the Other and Sins Past. And, unlikely many here I just don't blindly trust Dan Slott that what's going to happen is great. He has been uneven. I don't gave to know it all before I buy anything, but if what I know so far doesn't seem good, then it means I'm sceptical right now.
    Last edited by Lars C; 11-30-2012 at 09:55 PM.

  15. #135

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Juxtapozed View Post
    Sorry. Swedish. :-)
    I mean that I'm interested in Spider-Man, for sure. But if this turns out to be something I won't like I'll "vote with my wallet" and let these comics be my jumping off point. Of course I have no idea what's going to happen, so my mind isn't made up. But I have limited patience with Soiddy considering crap like the Other and Sins Past. And, unlikely many here I just don't blindly trust Dan Slott that what's going to happen is great. He has been uneven. I don't gave to know it all before I buy anything, but if what I know so far doesn't seem good, then it means I'm sceptical right now.
    Well, there's not reason to make a huge debate out of this. When the book comes out, read a few spoiler free reviews. And if you simply are unsure of the book, then don't buy it and spend your money on something else.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •