Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by L-Dizzy View Post
    I have to agree with Juxtapozed on this one, issue 700 does feel like a jumping off point for ol' Spidey.
    Nevertheless, I will check out the first issue of Superior.
    By the by, does anyone like the logo for Superior, I just wanted to know because I felt it is pretty generic in my opinion.
    I sure don't, it's a poor design for a cover logo, really. Dunno what the deal with the "paperclips" is.

To anyone who is thinking of "jumping off" after ASM # 700 I'd just like to personally invite you to come on over to Scarlet Spider if you're not already onboard Kaine kicks ass & should fill the "Peter Parker void" that you might be feeling in your life after ASM# 700.

Sad Hawkguy in the snow CyberHubbs's Avatar

It's a half-finished logo being spun by spiders. That's pretty cool.
    I know Kevin Nichols through a guy that knows a gal. Small world!

If nihilism didn't take some delight in destruction one might suspect nihilists were an unnaturally morbid sort.
    -Theophilus

Quote Originally Posted by classicgmer View Post
    To anyone who is thinking of "jumping off" after ASM # 700 I'd just like to personally invite you to come on over to Scarlet Spider if you're not already onboard Kaine kicks ass & should fill the "Peter Parker void" that you might be feeling in your life after ASM# 700.
    True. Reading and loving Scarlet Spider. Kaine's great! He's even a bit 'dark and weird'. I didn't like the Minimum Carnage arc very much, but I have high hopes that it'll get back on track in the next issue. And it's only 2,99 once a month! :-)

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Juxtapozed View Post
    True. But 12 bucks is still much considering there is also many other comics that are interesting.
    I'd skip 'em. You should only spend your money on books that interest you

SW

They Interest me, quite a lot even. But if I don't like what happens I don't want to support it either. It's more about that than the extra four bucks or if it's interesting. If I wouldn't care I wouldn't hang here, eh?

They Interest me, quite a lot even. But if I don't like what happens I don't want to support it either.
    So, let me see if I understand. You want to know what happens, but you don't want to spend money in case you don't like what happens? That's...that's kind of the dilemma every customer of fiction from the dawn of time has faced.

Veteran Member

They Interest me, quite a lot even. But if I don't like what happens I don't want to support it either. It's more about that than the extra four bucks or if it's interesting. If I wouldn't care I wouldn't hang here, eh?
    I can't follow you.

SW

Quote Originally Posted by stephen wacker View Post
    I can't follow you.

SW
    Is Superior Spider-Man in the same publishing schedule as ASM, i.e. bi-weekly?

Marked for Redemption David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by One More Day View Post
    Nah. He's superior, dammit! Pete was slacker. SSM now hits stands thrice daily.

Take that, Wolverine!
    "I came to the conclusion that the optimist thought everything good except the pessimist, and the pessimist thought everything bad, except himself." -- G.K. Chesterton

Quote Originally Posted by E. Wilson View Post
    So, let me see if I understand. You want to know what happens, but you don't want to spend money in case you don't like what happens? That's...that's kind of the dilemma every customer of fiction from the dawn of time has faced.
    Yeah, right before they turn to pirating

Quote Originally Posted by E. Wilson View Post
    I don't know about you man, but I require the receipt of an annotated script before I plunk down 10 whole bucks for a movie.
    Every week, I write about the science in comic books and what it says about our real world!
    Check it out, if you'd like!

Spider-man/DCU Moderator ShaggyB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by One More Day View Post
    ASM isnt bi-weekly, its twice a month. For Example: Sometimes its the first and the last week of the month.

As to your question. I asked him that a month or so ago and he confirmed it as twice a month just like ASM. Likewise the solicitations confirm its twice a month too.

Quote Originally Posted by stephen wacker View Post
    I can't follow you.

SW
    Sorry. Swedish. :-)
    I mean that I'm interested in Spider-Man, for sure. But if this turns out to be something I won't like I'll "vote with my wallet" and let these comics be my jumping off point. Of course I have no idea what's going to happen, so my mind isn't made up. But I have limited patience with Soiddy considering crap like the Other and Sins Past. And, unlikely many here I just don't blindly trust Dan Slott that what's going to happen is great. He has been uneven. I don't gave to know it all before I buy anything, but if what I know so far doesn't seem good, then it means I'm sceptical right now.
    Last edited by Lars C; 11-30-2012 at 09:55 PM.

Sorry. Swedish. :-)
    I mean that I'm interested in Spider-Man, for sure. But if this turns out to be something I won't like I'll "vote with my wallet" and let these comics be my jumping off point. Of course I have no idea what's going to happen, so my mind isn't made up. But I have limited patience with Soiddy considering crap like the Other and Sins Past. And, unlikely many here I just don't blindly trust Dan Slott that what's going to happen is great. He has been uneven. I don't gave to know it all before I buy anything, but if what I know so far doesn't seem good, then it means I'm sceptical right now.
    Well, there's not reason to make a huge debate out of this. When the book comes out, read a few spoiler free reviews. And if you simply are unsure of the book, then don't buy it and spend your money on something else.