Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Ewww! This is exactly what I was dreading from the mind-swap.

There a new Newsarama interview this time with Wacker:
    http://www.newsarama.com/comics/supe...ve-wacker.html
    It's so obvious the difference in tone between his interviews and when he interacts on forums! Great interview though

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by One More Day View Post
    It's so obvious the difference in tone between his interviews and when he interacts on forums! Great interview though
    I know my audience.

SW

Four degrees higher Cheesedique's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    I've been saying Phil Urich since this news dropped, it fits his personality.
    If it really is Phil becoming Superior Spider-man, that'll make deciding whether or not to drop Spider-man comics all the more easy for me.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesedique View Post
    If it really is Phil becoming Superior Spider-man, that'll make deciding whether or not to drop Spider-man comics all the more easy for me.
    There's no way you drop Spidey after 700 regardless of what happens..

SW

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Juxtapozed View Post
    I'd really, really like to be wrong here
    You are.

SW

Four degrees higher Cheesedique's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stephen wacker View Post

SW
    We'll see. It would have to be a damn good story.

I wanna hear you scream Kevinroc's Avatar

I know my audience.

SW
    When's my birthday and what are you getting me?
    The monster saved them all. And in their fear, they betrayed him. As they always have. As they always will.

My Facebook page

I know my audience.

SW
    Sooooo...are you going to be the editor for Superior? Also eagerly awaiting Spider-Island 2,3 & 4

SW
    He's kinda right. Unless the twist is really, really offensive, most of you are going to keep reading. Just admit it.
    Well, I've never met him, so I'll just quote another line from my previous post; I hope you're right. If Dan Slott is the kind of guy you describe, great. Really. I'd just like to see it in an interview or something, and that fact alone doesn't make me convinced he's an ideal Spidey writer. I'd really, really like to be wrong here too, but that we might not have any Spidey comic in which Peter Parker is the man under the mask is kind of an issue to me.
    He's mostly seemed pretty cool on this forum. Most of his responses are pretty good and he isn't outright rude or anything.

I really don't know where Jux is getting these ideas that Slott is some sort of mean drunk or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by One More Day View Post
    I don't know if that's sarcasm, but there's not that much of a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesedique View Post
    We'll see. It would have to be a damn good story.
    This. I'm definitely not blindly into this. The little we do know (not Peter, darlk), doesn't sound very promising.

And no, I don't think Dan Slott is a mean drunk kinda guy, but I have seen on several occasions that he's making fun of how readers will react to the coming issues. And that's not very respectful in my book. He could have just said "keep reading. I think and hope you'll love it", like Stephen Wacker actually does sometimes here. But don't be so sure we just HAVE TO buy the next and next issue. I bought and read #698, and I'm still on the fence of whether it's time to get off. But I know it would take a lot to actually stop.

I'm kinda hoping for a Firestorm dual personality thing. I think having a mental antagonist trying to constanly screw with you is a fun idea worth exploring. I don't think they're gonna do that though. I'm interested to see some of the ramifications of all this. Ock has alot of information he wouldn't have had otherwise. He knows everything that Peter (an Avenger) would know and he has access to all sorts of places and technology to really mess everything up good for the heros.

This. I'm definitely not blindly into this. The little we do know (not Peter, darlk), doesn't sound very promising.

And no, I don't think Dan Slott is a mean drunk kinda guy, but I have seen on several occasions that he's making fun of how readers will react to the coming issues. And that's not very respectful in my book. He could have just said "keep reading. I think and hope you'll love it", like Stephen Wacker actually does sometimes here. But don't be so sure we just HAVE TO buy the next and next issue. I bought and read #698, and I'm still on the fence of whether it's time to get off. But I know it would take a lot to actually stop.
    You can't really blame Slott for having a good laugh here. Some people are freaking out like Slott's killing their grandma or something.

Many people grew up with Peter Parker as Spider-Man. If people hear he won't be and get upset, is that really something to laugh about? I'm more of the if I'm not going to like this I won't buy it type. I'm sure Dan Slott is a swell guy and I wish him all the best, but he's not been doing a good job of making me want to read on. I might anyways, but it'll have to be something GREAT coming up.

You may just be the first poster in the history of these boards that wants someone here to behave more like Wacker.
    "What oldschool said"
    The Shadow, 2008

Okay. That might be. Not sure what you mean.