Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateMarvel_Fan501 View Post
    Yeah. It makes me feel like I'm an idiot just because I love the character and I will read the book. I guess I feel like my loyalty is punished or mocked because there are so many people on forums that hate on Dan and his stuff regardless of what is happening and still buy the books. And I agree. I totally understand why Dan wants to keep this all a secret and I really appreciate that, but like you said, the whole "you'll be so pissed but you'll buy it anyways. Ha!-Attitude" is making me feel like a chump as well, when I'm just a die-hard spidey fan (and I big Dan Slott fan as well).

In the interviews, there are hints that he cares about long time readers, and is a huge spidey fan-boy himself, but I wish that were more of the focus rather than the big up yours to those comic fans who hate just because they have a computer and anonymity.
    This! This is a perfect statement.
    Superior Spider-Man, Superior Spider-Man Team Up

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateMarvel_Fan501 View Post
    Yeah. It makes me feel like I'm an idiot just because I love the character and I will read the book. I guess I feel like my loyalty is punished or mocked because there are so many people on forums that hate on Dan and his stuff regardless of what is happening and still buy the books. And I agree. I totally understand why Dan wants to keep this all a secret and I really appreciate that, but like you said, the whole "you'll be so pissed but you'll buy it anyways. Ha!-Attitude" is making me feel like a chump as well, when I'm just a die-hard spidey fan (and I big Dan Slott fan as well).

In the interviews, there are hints that he cares about long time readers, and is a huge spidey fan-boy himself, but I wish that were more of the focus rather than the big up yours to those comic fans who hate just because they have a computer and anonymity.
    You said it way better than me. It's like they think all fans who are negative are just those haters you describe. I'm also a die hard Spidey fan, and I've liked a lot what Dan Slott has done through the years, but it is becoming more difficult to be a fan and to keep reading now. I mean, both the 616 and the Ultimate Universe and no Peter Parker! I mean, that's just wrong.

Spider-man/DCU Moderator ShaggyB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Juxtapozed View Post
    I can appreciate that they are trying so hard to keep what happens secret, and I understand that the hero has to face problems, but i just get so tired of the "you'll be so pissed but you'll buy it anyways. Ha!" Attitude.
    link to that quote please.

Im finding this one but not yours: "Issue #700 is the issue where I have to go into hiding. I won't say issue #698 breaks the internet in half, but it is an issue that's going to reach out and punch you in the face. You'll read it and be like, "What the wha--?" You'll be left with a million questions. Then #699 is going to come along and answer 'em. It will tee up that ball for issue #700. When you see what's coming in issue #698 and then see what happens in issue #699, you'll be like, "Where is issue #700! I must read #700!" Then #700 will [Slott does his best Ivan Drago from "Rocky IV" impression] break you."

and

"The information we have given, the little gleams, have been just enough to piss off everyone. It's great, just this whole miasma of comments in the last, like, 48 hours on my twitter feed is just great. You could take a giant pie chart, there's like a sliver of people of, "'Superior's' gonna be awesome, I can't wait, I love everything you do!" And then there's this sliver of, "I'm leaving Spider-Man! I'm never reading the book again! You suck" Bleep you, Bleep this!" And then there's this really large slice of, "What are you doing?!? Oh no, no it's ending, why? Why? No!" And then an equally large slice of, "I'm very confused -- but I trust you?" … But that's great. If they werent talking I'd be very scared."

It's not a direct quote by any means. It's what I call his attitude.

Yeah but he never said the words you are using. You are placing words in his mouth and meanings to his intentions without proof of them. Essentially you are creating your own reality for what Slott is saying and doing.

edit-
    also i found your pissed quote and it wasnt even dan slott

Arune Singh, Marvel's Director of Communications, said "you will be so pissed off." and it was in regards to what comes next and was said during a fan panel. He wnet on to tease Dan by asking him why he hated spider-man so much.

Veteran Member

Dan's attitude is "I hope everyone likes this comic."

You are really reaching to be offended. MAybe stop reading so much of this stuff. I'm not sure you can handle it.

SW

I'm not even offended. I just see an attitude in interviews that I don't like and explain why with making them. I'm not reaching to be offended either. I want good Spider-Man stories with Peter Parker as Spidey from a team of comics creators who cares about Spidey and his fans. This doesn't seem like it. If I'm wrong, though, I'd be delighted. I'd love to be wrong and read the kind of "hope everyone likes it" and respect for fans statements.

I'm not even offended. I just see an attitude in interviews that I don't like and explain why with making them. I'm not reaching to be offended either. I want good Spider-Man stories with Peter Parker as Spidey from a team of comics creators who cares about Spidey and his fans. This doesn't seem like it. If I'm wrong, though, I'd be delighted. I'd love to be wrong and read the kind of "hope everyone likes it" and respect for fans statements.
    If you have to display your feelings to by creating something that wasnt said, to display the attitude you feel is there to begin with, then you are probably going to be viewed as reaching to come to that conclusion. Again, links to actual quotes that support your position are going to be better than creating your own.

You feel you are being taunted with information, I get that. You dont like that, I get that as well. But saying a person said something they didnt and then attributing intentions to them based off that just doesnt seem right.

In those interviews, I see Slott taking a great amount of joy in trolling fans, but you can tell the guy wants people to enjoy the comic. I can't blame him for being mad that many of the people who don't like his Spider-Man comic don't like it because of something he had no control over.

But I think he knows and is prepared for people to hate him for whatever he's doing to Peter in #700. It's OK for people to hate you so long as it's your fault.

Yes, he does enjoy teasing/torturing/trolling the fans doesn't he? I'm not really looking for it, I want to like and keep reading Spider-Man, and I have no grudge against Dan Slott in any way. I remember when I read Spider-Man/Human Torch or Great Lakes Avengers and was just overjoyed. The same with much of his Brand New Day Stuff. So I'd have no reason to look for negative stuff about Dan Slotts Spider-Man. But I really like Scott Snyders Batman too, and the interviews with him gives me the impression that he cares about having a good relationship with the fans AND tell as good Batman stories as he can. I hope Dan Slott thinks like that too, I really do, but it's sadly not what I gather. More like mocking fans that won't like this coming event. I really, really want to be wrong. I promise. ;-)

I don't know...If I was in a position like where Slott is, I would probably be a little mean too. Seriously, why wouldn't? This is sorta a big deal. Why shouldn't he have some fun? He's in a place most writers will never be in and he seems to be enjoying it.

In the interviews I've seen him in, he doesn't sound mean, just taking obvious pleasure in knowing what's going on while the rest of us suffer. I think you're reading too much into it.

And I hope you're right. Of course I don't think he's downright mean or anything like that. I just wish he'd respect the readers a bit more. Scott Snyder is a good example of someone who seems to do.

And I hope you're right. Of course I don't think he's downright mean or anything like that. I just wish he'd respect the readers a bit more. Scott Snyder is a good example of someone who seems to do.
    Jux----I mean this in the nicest possible way-----you don't know what you are talking about. At all.

Seriously. I have attended several signings that Slott has done at comics shops and at conventions and I can tell you first-hand, he was hands-down the coolest, most gracious and knowledgable writer I have had the pleasure of meeting. He signed, took pictures with fans and, when you spoke with him about comics, he would gush and talk non-stop with excitement---just like a real fan. He loves Spidey as much or more than anyone I have ever met; he is a also a true gentleman and exceedingly generous with his time each time I have been in his company.

So----again, when you make an asinine statment like "I just wish he'd respect the readers a bit more", you make yourself sound very, very foolish.
    "What oldschool said"
    The Shadow, 2008

Well, I've never met him, so I'll just quote another line from my previous post; I hope you're right. If Dan Slott is the kind of guy you describe, great. Really. I'd just like to see it in an interview or something, and that fact alone doesn't make me convinced he's an ideal Spidey writer. I'd really, really like to be wrong here too, but that we might not have any Spidey comic in which Peter Parker is the man under the mask is kind of an issue to me.

Releasing Johnny's torch Ravin' Ray's Avatar
    Where the diwatas and the Triumph Division call home

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Slott
    Right. This is Otto in Peter Parker's body, but he does have access to all of Peter's memories. So if someone like the Human Torch came up to him and asked, "Remember that time when we did this?" And it's some private thing that only Johnny and Peter would know, Otto could reply, "Yes, I do remember that time and the secret code word we entered to enter the villain's lair was this."
    Ewww! This is exactly what I was dreading from the mind-swap.
    Quote Originally Posted by stillanerd View Post
    BTW, Newsarama has also continued their interview with Slott about Amazing Spider-Man #698 and Superior Spider-Man, in which Dan Slott reveals that, yes, the Miquel tweet was indeed a red herring:
    http://www.newsarama.com/comics/dan-...pider-man.html
    There a new Newsarama interview this time with Wacker:
    http://www.newsarama.com/comics/supe...ve-wacker.html
    Johnny Storm was dead; who is this resurrected Johnny Storm?
    "Here, hold my Annihilus…" Johnny Storm, Fantastic Four #601