Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie_Jee View Post
    Wolverine's different though because he carried the X-Gene.
    not before, he got the X-gene when he was experimented on just like T'Challa, Rogue, Sabretooth, Juggernaut, Nightcrawler

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    not before, he got the X-gene when he was experimented on just like T'Challa, Rogue, Sabretooth, Juggernaut, Nightcrawler
    I know that. Logan had the X-Gene, it was implanted in him first and then it spread from there. Black Panther went through similar super soldier enhancements, but does not possess the X-Gene, therefore he cannot be a mutant.

I know that. Logan had the X-Gene, it was implanted in him first and then it spread from there. Black Panther went through similar super soldier enhancements, but does not possess the X-Gene, therefore he cannot be a mutant.
    so was the other mutants I named they were all human before they were experimeted on. Also they didn't implant the X-Gene they just mess with his DNA

BANNED

so was the other mutants I named they were all human before they were experimeted on. Also they didn't implant the X-Gene they just mess with his DNA
    They got their powers via the X-gene, otherwise they wouldn't be mutants. The mutants you mentioned came about many, many
    decades after Wolverine left Weapon X. The way I see the X-gene spreading, is that those mutants you mentioned probably got in contact with someone, who got in contact with someone, who got in contact with someone, etc, etc, who got in contact with Logan. As far as we know, only Logan got implanted with the X-gene and then over the many decades, the X-gene spread from there.

I believe the mutants you mentioned only worked for Weapon X. Their mutations, from their perspective, came about naturally, and then were recruited to Weapon X, either by choice or by force.

They got their powers via the X-gene, otherwise they wouldn't be mutants. The mutants you mentioned came about many, many
    decades after Wolverine left Weapon X. The way I see the X-gene spreading, is that those mutants you mentioned probably got in contact with someone, who got in contact with someone, who got in contact with someone, etc, etc, who got in contact with Logan. As far as we know, only Logan got implanted with the X-gene and then over the many decades, the X-gene spread from there.

I believe the mutants you mentioned only worked for Weapon X. Their mutations, from their perspective, came about naturally, and then were recruited to Weapon X, either by choice or by force.
    Okay then Im not sure if they got their powers before or during Weapon X experiments but for Wolverine, T'Challa is much of a mutant than Wolverine is, cause of the same procedure involving manipulating DNA into the X-Gene.

Also, since the X-Gene spreads does that make it a virus or disease?
    Last edited by Mutant God; 12-20-2012 at 03:41 PM.

BANNED

Okay then Im not sure if they got their powers before or during Weapon X experiments but for Wolverine, T'Challa is much of a mutant than Wolverine is
    Technically, T'Challa is just a supersoldier. I'm pretty sure he didn't have any powers before being experimented on by Weapon X.

Wolverine is/was a unique blend of both supersoldier and mutant. After being implanted with the X-gene, he became the world's first mutant. Then the X-gene spread from there, resulting in random mutations across the globe.

Edit - I'm no expert, but both viruses and diseases spread. I don't really have any idea how a disease is different to a virus, but to my knowledge they both spread the same way.
    Last edited by Robbie_Jee; 12-20-2012 at 04:13 PM.

Technically, T'Challa is just a supersoldier. I'm pretty sure he didn't have any powers before being experimented on by Weapon X.

Wolverine is/was a unique blend of both supersoldier and mutant. After being implanted with the X-gene, he became the world's first mutant. Then the X-gene spread from there, resulting in random mutations across the globe.
    I was talking about the Weapon X Agents: Rogue, Nghtcrawler, etc

T'Challa had the exact same procedure Logan had, implanting the X-Gene

BANNED

Ugh.. I'm so ill.

Isn't Tony Stark now technically a mutant? His recent powers in Technopathy came about seemingly naturally.

Ugh.. I'm so ill.

Isn't Tony Stark now technically a mutant? His recent powers in Technopathy came about seemingly naturally.
    sorry that your ill.

Im not sure, the power could come from his suit, the nanites, or any other tech Anthony uses

Ugh.. I'm so ill.

Are you ill because you drank too much or is it a bug?

I think Tony's situation is similar to Johnny Storm's, where he kind of fits the bill but most "regular" mutants wouldn't count him as one of them. A bit ironic considering how much they are discriminated against.
    1) Find a bad guy
    2) Be Wolverine
    Bring Back Ultimate Wolverine...again!

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post

I think Tony's situation is similar to Johnny Storm's, where he kind of fits the bill but most "regular" mutants wouldn't count him as one of them. A bit ironic considering how much they are discriminated against.
    See, the bisexuality metaphor TOTALLY works for Johnny.
    "Before you save anyone else, you have to save yourself."
    ~Gregory Maguire

Quote Originally Posted by Time_to_Zap View Post
    See, the bisexuality metaphor TOTALLY works for Johnny.
    I'm not getting the connection, what do you mean?
    1) Find a bad guy
    2) Be Wolverine

I'm not getting the connection, what do you mean?
    Awhile ago, I brought up the idea that if mutants in general were a metaphor for one of our society's most-prejudiced-against groups (homosexuals), people like Johnny Storm- people who are essentially mutants but did not gain their powers in the exact same way as people like Kitty Pryde and Bobby Drake- could be a metaphor for bisexuals, who are sometimes prejudiced against within the gay community itself as "gay people who aren't all the way out of the closet" or "experimenters." I thought it was an interesting parallel for Johnny's attempt to tell Bobby that he was a mutant like him, since they had both gotten their powers from experiments/artificial means (because Bobby then immediately shoots him down with "no, you're not one of us, it's not the same thing, etc.")
    "Before you save anyone else, you have to save yourself."
    ~Gregory Maguire

Quote Originally Posted by Time_to_Zap View Post
    Awhile ago, I brought up the idea that if mutants in general were a metaphor for one of our society's most-prejudiced-against groups (homosexuals), people like Johnny Storm- people who are essentially mutants but did not gain their powers in the exact same way as people like Kitty Pryde and Bobby Drake- could be a metaphor for bisexuals, who are sometimes prejudiced against within the gay community itself as "gay people who aren't all the way out of the closet" or "experimenters." I thought it was an interesting parallel for Johnny's attempt to tell Bobby that he was a mutant like him, since they had both gotten their powers from experiments/artificial means (because Bobby then immediately shoots him down with "no, you're not one of us, it's not the same thing, etc.")
    Ok I get what you mean now.
    1) Find a bad guy
    2) Be Wolverine

BANNED

sorry that your ill.
    It's my own fault. You'd think a man my age would've learned by now to drink more sensibly.

Im not sure, the power could come from his suit, the nanites, or any other tech Anthony uses
    I've always had the theory that Tony must be a mutant because he clearly possesses the power of Hyper-intelligence. Even before Anthony was revealed, I was desperately hoping his tumour would be revealed as a side effect of his super human intellegence because no ordinary human could ever be as smart as him. It's like he possesses the minds of over 200 geniuses. The only explanation that can truly be fathomed from this (atm) is that Iron Man possesses the X-gene.

Reed went through a similar experience, except his mutation of his Hyper-intelligence was an N-Zone mutation, gained via large exposure to the Negative Zone. Reed and Tony are two very smart guys, humanly. But their intelligence has now reached far, far beyond human levels.

Of course, I'm still holding out that Anthony is a genetic weapon implanted by the Kratos Club. Simply because I feel it is very important that they return. This would eventually lead to Anthony taking control of the Iron Patriot and having that huge showdown with Cap in February.

Perhaps this discussion deserves its own thread..

Drank to much. Carlsberg: Special Brew 9% lager. I shall never touch that stuff again. I was f***ed after just four tins.

I've never seen the FF as mutants because they don't possess the X-gene. If you want to get technical about this, I think Captain America and holds a greater resemblance to mutants than Johnny because both Mutants and Super Soldiers are the results of genetic tampering. Whereas Johnny gained his powers via exposure to the N-Zone. To me, Johnny and the rest of the FF relate more to the People of Tian than any other super-species.

I quite liked Johnny as a temporary member of the X-Men, simply because of his friendship with Ice Man and because he had no where else to go.

But the X-Men have always had temporary non-mutant members. Just look at Deadpool. He's most definetly not a mutant, just like Ultimate T'Challa. They're linked in some way, but only because they were part of Weapon X, not because they possess the X-gene. Weapon X originally created Super Soldiers, like Ultimate T'Challa. Then they made Wolverine, gave him a virus known as the X-gene and then the X-gene spread from there, thus resulting in random mutations across the globe.