Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Wisdom View Post
    In the back of Absolute Power TPB there's Aron Coleite's script for Ultimate X-Men #94, first appearance of Alpha Flight. When he describes the page they first show on, he mentions that some of them will have different identities than 616. Ironically, the only one stated explicitly in the script is the one that actually wasn't revealed in later issues: Shaman was supposed to be John Proudstar, Thunderbird. I don't know how and why it ended up on various Wikias that Shaman is James, but that's not true, because 1) that wasn't Coleite's intention and 2) it never made it to the page anyway. So, yeah, Wikipedias're wrong. Also wrong are people who think Brian Wood screwed up introducing Warpath in his run (and every once in a while they will be one because WIKIPEDIA SAYS SO, SO THERE). Also very wrong was that guy who said that editors can't do their job and should be checking Marvel Wikia for info. Yeah, get your info straight first, mate. And on the subject of wrong, maybe my attitude is just like that, or maybe some of you need to take a step back, see for example that thread about roasting the future issues of Ultimates like you already read them after only seeing a cover, and realize how that makes you look from the outside. Not good at all.
    You could also just let it go. Absolutely NONE of us are bashing Brian Wood for introducing Warpath into the book. Regardless of whether or not Shaman and Warpath are the same person Brian has written it in a way that it works. Brian Wood has been awesome in both his writing and characterization so far, unlike Humphries... So tell you what: Come the issue of Ultimates featuring Scorpio, if even ONE aspect of it is redeemable and even close to making anything any of us have said a preemptive lie, you can talk down to any of us how you see fit. In the meantime, as well as after that issue comes out and we're all correct, please get off your high horse. Also, if you feel so strongly about a piece of information that you wanted proved in your favor, next time don't act like its everyone else' job to prove you right. Get off your lazy ass and do it yourself, otherwise you can kindly keep it to yourself.
    All-New Ultimates Earth 2 Harley Quinn Injustice Invincible Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man Real Heroes The Walking Dead Ultimate FF

In the back of Absolute Power TPB there's Aron Coleite's script for Ultimate X-Men #94, first appearance of Alpha Flight. When he describes the page they first show on, he mentions that some of them will have different identities than 616. Ironically, the only one stated explicitly in the script is the one that actually wasn't revealed in later issues: Shaman was supposed to be John Proudstar, Thunderbird. I don't know how and why it ended up on various Wikias that Shaman is James, but that's not true, because 1) that wasn't Coleite's intention and 2) it never made it to the page anyway. So, yeah, Wikipedias're wrong. Also wrong are people who think Brian Wood screwed up introducing Warpath in his run (and every once in a while they will be one because WIKIPEDIA SAYS SO, SO THERE). Also very wrong was that guy who said that editors can't do their job and should be checking Marvel Wikia for info. Yeah, get your info straight first, mate. And on the subject of wrong, maybe my attitude is just like that, or maybe some of you need to take a step back, see for example that thread about roasting the future issues of Ultimates like you already read them after only seeing a cover, and realize how that makes you look from the outside. Not good at all.
    mmm... interesting do u have the script??

Yeah, it's in the TPB. Like I wrote in the post you just quoted.

Quote Originally Posted by Balfro View Post
    You could also just let it go. Absolutely NONE of us are bashing Brian Wood for introducing Warpath into the book. Regardless of whether or not Shaman and Warpath are the same person Brian has written it in a way that it works. Brian Wood has been awesome in both his writing and characterization so far, unlike Humphries... So tell you what: Come the issue of Ultimates featuring Scorpio, if even ONE aspect of it is redeemable and even close to making anything any of us have said a preemptive lie, you can talk down to any of us how you see fit. In the meantime, as well as after that issue comes out and we're all correct, please get off your high horse. Also, if you feel so strongly about a piece of information that you wanted proved in your favor, next time don't act like its everyone else' job to prove you right. Get off your lazy ass and do it yourself, otherwise you can kindly keep it to yourself.
    Oh, jeez, I've had just enough of you. "Don't act like it's everyone else's job"? Am I weird because I actually read the thread before entering it? You did notice that I was talking to that other guy, and then later you and others chimed in with your maybes, and I said you were wrong and you all got your panties in a bunch, didn't you? Did I ask you get involved? No. And by the way, "I can't speak for anyone else but I'm at work so I can't exactly look through my comics for the answer... Also, I don't own those issues... ", that's a wonderful none-tribution if I ever saw one.

It's also pretty discouraging that for trying (I wasn't actually 100% sure there wasn't something I missed, so guess what genius, I asked, just, from what it looks, in the wrong place where I have to deal with the likes of you) to setting something I thought was inaccurate and wildy spread I get "yeah, we don't need it, kindly keep it for yourself".

And you're saying that it's alright to trash something you haven't even read yet? This what's going on now? No, thanks.

I mean if you have a pic of the script or something where it say that Shaman is John. i read somewhere that Dani Moonstar was the native american girl from Alpha Flight so i wanna know the identities of the rest of team

Oh, jeez, I've had just enough of you. "Don't act like it's everyone else's job"? Am I weird because I actually read the thread before entering it? You did notice that I was talking to that other guy, and then later you and others chimed in with your maybes, and I said you were wrong and you all got your panties in a bunch, didn't you? Did I ask you get involved? No. And by the way, "I can't speak for anyone else but I'm at work so I can't exactly look through my comics for the answer... Also, I don't own those issues... ", that's a wonderful none-tribution if I ever saw one.

It's also pretty discouraging that for trying (I wasn't actually 100% sure there wasn't something I missed, so guess what genius, I asked, just, from what it looks, in the wrong place where I have to deal with the likes of you) to setting something I thought was inaccurate and wildy spread I get "yeah, we don't need it, kindly keep it for yourself".

And you're saying that it's alright to trash something you haven't even read yet? This what's going on now? No, thanks.
    I guess the part where I said you could just let it go doesn't appeal to you. Look, Wolverine 12 and I were keeping the thread lite and non-confrontational with our comments, mine even being an obvious joke (about being at work and not even owning the issues). You're the one who came here with a bone to pick and wanted to argue over something as dumb as whether or not the Marvel Wiki was correct. And let me tell to right now, it doesn't matter. It IS POSSIBLE that you missed something in the issues and that Shaman IS James Proudstar. You may have FINALLY picked up a book and found some info about the original scripts,but that was after you got frustrated that none of us were doing it for you.

All I'm saying is that I don't care. If you're right then great, there's no conflict of continuity. Even if there was it would have been minor at best. Wood is a brilliant writer. Humphries has yet to prove himself, so it's fair for us to assume that his upcoming Ultimates issue is going to be sub-par. Just like you're assuming everything you say is the only truth, and for some reason wants to argue over it with the rest of us. The funny part is, I'm on your side; I Agee that James Proudstar is not Shaman, I just don't agree with your attitude and approach... The "high horse" I spoke of.
    Last edited by Balfro; 12-01-2012 at 08:42 AM.
    All-New Ultimates Earth 2 Harley Quinn Injustice Invincible Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man Real Heroes The Walking Dead Ultimate FF

Why can't you let it go? You say you don't care and you're not looking for confrontation, yet you keep calling me a lazy ass who demands other people to check some thing for him (not true), and saying that I bothered to check some book only after I got frustrated (again, not true). Do you really think your last two posts were that necessary? Did you bother to read the thread and actually see how it went down?

Slaughter Swamp, I seen't Grundy, I seen't him!

As a Warpath fan, I'm excited to see an ultimization of him
    they label me a villain cause of how I express my feelings

Quote Originally Posted by Froggy View Post
    As a Warpath fan, I'm excited to see an ultimization of him
    Yeah he looks great :)

I really don't care about exactly who is in this book, which is why I'm enjoying this great run in the Ultimate universe.

As opposed to the mainstream books, where the franchises sort of have fandom (myself included) strung up on when a favorite character is appearing, this book is about the mutant mythos, specifically an oppressed group of people struggling for unity and acceptance while rarely receiving either. The themes, the thrilling and dramatic character arcs are much more powerful than the fan-favorites and its making for a much fresher, more compelling comicbook within an established franchise.
    wood / bkv / coipel / pichelli / staples / del mundo
    flagship x-men // avengers undercover // saga // private eye

what an intense forum!!!
    the thing about shaman being ultimate warpath.. i admit i read that on wikipedia too but never found any confirmation, so if you say it was probably because of that original script, i'm cool with that.
    i disliked the addition of the new Network, we already had Blackbox! he was a cool character! also the new one looks a lot like Blackbox, they have that same think on the back of their heads. should we assume Blackbox took the cure?
    Also sad to see Quentin Quire will never shine in this universe... more cannon fodder, along with Stacy X & the kids from the Morlocks tunnels... i liked the one with the leech-like creature attached to his spine!!
    i was confused by Kenji Uedo "Zero", he appeared 2 issues back and he was called Adam.. so what happened there?? there seem to be a lot of mistakes or last second changes (as with Purge becoming Mach Two...)

on the bright side: did you read those issues from Ultimate Comics Spider-Man Vol 2 when Aunt May returns home from France and calls Tony Stark about contacting New Spider-Man Miles Morales?
    did you notice the ad on the backyard actually reads "Real Estate Alison Blaire"???

SOOO PLEASE NOW, BRING BACK ULTIMATE DAZZLER!!!
    Comic Book Deaths 2012
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7SvM6adTeY

Bring back Ultimate DAZZLER!!

I don't think we have seen the last of Stacy X.

SO Ultimate John Proudstar wasn't already ultimized. Great.

BANNED

I would LOVE to see the Bombshells feature in a couple issues of UC: X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by briancwood View Post
    The way I approached this selection was to look at what power sets I needed to tell the story and then find mutants to match. Every one of them is going to serve a specific function as the next eight or so issues play out.

b
    Fantastic.

I hate seeing all the different superhero teams in comics nowadays with all the cosmic architypes and all the different characters that can fly and shoot cosmic/kinetic/ionic/psyonic/whatever energy out of their hands. I don't think characters like the Scarlet Witch should have projectile energy, as well as so many other 616 avengers members. It completely takes away the diversity of a team when they are in battle, often with too many uber-powerful characters being lazy and getting jobbed. (The biggest fear I have for Hickman's upcoming Avengers) But with the powersets you've chosen for your teams you've created a powerful - but not too powerful - rosta of characters with a diverse range of abilities.

Perhaps you shouldn't be so competetive in your discussions. You brought something up - which we are entitled to discuss - and then you insulted those who failed to provide a correct answer. Thankyou for correcting us.. we all want accuracy.. but there's no need to be so mean about it.

And again, I'm supposed to let it go, but every random can feel free to come in and say stuff like

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie_Jee View Post
    You brought something up - which we are entitled to discuss - and then you insulted those who failed to provide a correct answer.
    that isn't remotely true. It's amazing.

BANNED

Worldwide I'm sure there's still tens of thousands of mutants still active.

And again, I'm supposed to let it go, but every random can feel free to come in and say stuff like

that isn't remotely true. It's amazing.
    So you didn't call anybody a tool or say anything like "Are you dense, or what?"?
    Last edited by Robbie_Jee; 12-04-2012 at 01:39 PM.