Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 127
  1. #31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
    anyone else notice how many mutants out of the Utopia crew are classified as "manipulators" ?
    you've got Storm, Blackheath, Micromax, Mach 2, Magma and Zero, whose abilities are classified as ____ Manipulation
    and even the ones not named as such are:
    Icemen - thermokinetic manipulation
    Armor - Psyonic energy manipulation.
    Network - Technopahy basically means "technology manipulation"
    Psylocke and Shola are both telekinetics - which is basically manipulation of objects, and Psylocke also manipulates minds.
    Kitty manipulates molecular density.
    and Rogue manipulates her own body's to mimic other abilities.

    only jimmy and Warpath have purely physical powers that don't manipulate some form of matter or energy.

    The way I approached this selection was to look at what power sets I needed to tell the story and then find mutants to match. Every one of them is going to serve a specific function as the next eight or so issues play out.

    b

  2. #32
    Galaxy News Radio bladeofdarkness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    946

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by briancwood View Post
    The way I approached this selection was to look at what power sets I needed to tell the story and then find mutants to match. Every one of them is going to serve a specific function as the next eight or so issues play out.

    b
    that one, i actually already got from this issue.
    looking forward to seeing how it all plays out.

    BTW, are the other 5 mutants not yet introduced in this issue going to play any significant role ?
    just seems odd that they didn't even get a say in the vote.

  3. #33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
    that one, i actually already got from this issue.
    looking forward to seeing how it all plays out.

    BTW, are the other 5 mutants not yet introduced in this issue going to play any significant role ?
    just seems odd that they didn't even get a say in the vote.
    We just didn't see them vote. Those "background five" will come forward as the stort dictates.

    b

  4. #34
    Galaxy News Radio bladeofdarkness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    946

    Default

    well, like i said, I'm really looking forward to it.

    honestly Mr Wood, this series is the ONLY marvel book I'm currently following with any real interest.
    loved your Alpha&Omega mini, loved your (far too short) run on "X-men", but this is the first of your Marvel works that doesn't feel like its got a countdown clock attached to it, and as a result, feels like the best one yet.

  5. #35
    Ultimate Mod! Plawsky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Nashville
    Posts
    7,371

    Default

    So Brian, now that you've seen this list, you're going to bring back Geldoff, right? I don't think anything would make this board happier than their favorite Latverian mutant to return.

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Wisdom View Post
    Many people think that, hence the mess. Can you actually prove it? What book, where? Alpha Flight didn't show up in that many issues, it should be fairly easy to find it, unless, you know, it doesn't exist.
    It would be in either the Ultimate Handbook or Ultimate Secrets (the handbook, not the Ellis miniseries). I can check when I get home.
    I like Ultimate Comics. - Read them with us!

    I also buy: Captain America, Avengers, FF, New Avengers, X-Factor, among others

  6. #36
    Mr. Papaya Balfro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    7,511

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Plawsky View Post
    So Brian, now that you've seen this list, you're going to bring back Geldoff, right? I don't think anything would make this board happier than their favorite Latverian mutant to return.
    Seconded.

    Brian, please make this happen. Even if it's just a cameo or some sort of update on his status. You'd be surprised at how much this one character means to the entire Ultimate Comics Fan Community.
    All-New Ultimates Earth 2 Harley Quinn Injustice Invincible Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man Real Heroes The Walking Dead Ultimate FF

  7. #37
    Ultimate Mod! Plawsky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Nashville
    Posts
    7,371

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Balfro View Post
    Seconded.

    Brian, please make this happen. Even if it's just a cameo or some sort of update on his status. You'd be surprised at how much this one character means to the entire Ultimate Comics Fan Community.
    Case in point.
    I like Ultimate Comics. - Read them with us!

    I also buy: Captain America, Avengers, FF, New Avengers, X-Factor, among others

  8. #38
    Mr. Papaya Balfro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    7,511

    Default

    I just remembered that Nova is a mutant! I hope he didn't take the cure! Also, Bombshell.
    All-New Ultimates Earth 2 Harley Quinn Injustice Invincible Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man Real Heroes The Walking Dead Ultimate FF

  9. #39
    Ultimate Mod! Plawsky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Nashville
    Posts
    7,371

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Balfro View Post
    I just remembered that Nova is a mutant! I hope he didn't take the cure! Also, Bombshell.
    Is it actually confirmed that they are mutants? I remember Nova having a back and forth with Peter and Bobby about it, but I figured he wasn't since he get his powers from the Watchers.
    I like Ultimate Comics. - Read them with us!

    I also buy: Captain America, Avengers, FF, New Avengers, X-Factor, among others

  10. #40
    On Vacation
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    4,712

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Balfro View Post
    I just remembered that Nova is a mutant! I hope he didn't take the cure! Also, Bombshell.
    Nova isn't a mutant? He was chosen by the watchers if I remember correctly.

  11. #41
    Mr. Papaya Balfro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    7,511

    Default

    Ah, you know what? That's what it is, I was just remembering his back-and-forth about being a mutant, I completely forgot about the Watchers...

    Either way, there's Lana. She's a mutant.
    All-New Ultimates Earth 2 Harley Quinn Injustice Invincible Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man Real Heroes The Walking Dead Ultimate FF

  12. #42
    Ultimate Mod! Plawsky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Nashville
    Posts
    7,371

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Balfro View Post
    Ah, you know what? That's what it is, I was just remembering his back-and-forth about being a mutant, I completely forgot about the Watchers...

    Either way, there's Lana. She's a mutant.
    I'll take your word for it.... FOR NOW. I'll have to double check when I get home, though....
    I like Ultimate Comics. - Read them with us!

    I also buy: Captain America, Avengers, FF, New Avengers, X-Factor, among others

  13. #43
    Mr. Papaya Balfro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    7,511

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Plawsky View Post
    I'll take your word for it.... FOR NOW. I'll have to double check when I get home, though....
    If I remember correctly, she was identified as a mutant and her powers work in sync with her mother's proximity. IE if her mother and her are separated they have no powers, but together they have fist projectile thingies.

    Or Maybe Peter just accuses her of being a mutant... Which is really just here say... But in the UU characters don't usually just randomly have powers like they do in DC Comics. They are either byproducts of Super-Soldier experiments or mutants (which are the byproduct of Super-Soldier experiments), and I highly doubt she was a potential Super-Soldier.
    All-New Ultimates Earth 2 Harley Quinn Injustice Invincible Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man Real Heroes The Walking Dead Ultimate FF

  14. #44
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    267

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Plawsky View Post
    It would be in either the Ultimate Handbook or Ultimate Secrets (the handbook, not the Ellis miniseries). I can check when I get home.
    Ultimate Secrets was out before Alpha Flight debuted, and I don't think there was another handbook after, so I doubt there's something there.

  15. #45
    The Best There Is Wolverine12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Claw City
    Posts
    6,369

    Default

    In the Absolute Power arc I'm pretty sure it listed all of Alpha Flights real names and their code names. I think it also listed their power sets.
    1) Find a bad guy
    2) Be Wolverine
    Bring Back Ultimate Wolverine...again!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •