View Poll Results: What did you think of UIM #2?

Voters
28. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Great! Can't Wait for the next issue.

    5 17.86%
  • Good. I like where the story is going.

    16 57.14%
  • Meh. Not bad, but it could have been worse.

    5 17.86%
  • Bad. I'm not a fan of the story.

    1 3.57%
  • Awful! Wish I didn't read it.

    1 3.57%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 29 of 29
  1. #16
    Alrighty Then atlasjj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    875

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sage6paths View Post
    I have a feeling that the Mandarin is now Tony's father but I can't remember if it was mentioned anywhere how his father died.
    That would be a twist I would not be expecting.
    Pull: Avengers, New Avengers, Mighty Avengers, Captain America, Superior Spider-Man, Superior S.M.T.U, Ultimate Universe, Chew, Invincible, Batman & Smallville.

  2. #17
    Mr. Papaya Balfro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    7,510

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sage6paths View Post
    I have a feeling that the Mandarin is now Tony's father but I can't remember if it was mentioned anywhere how his father died.
    It would be interesting but it's been done. Twice. Gregory turned out to be a villain in Ultimate Avengers vs. New Ultimates and Howard Stark Sr. Turned out to be the villain in Ultimate Armor Wars... I hope we get something new.

    That being said this issue was great and I would far prefer Edmonson on Ultimates instead of Humphries. In this issue Tony sounded like Tony and the story is very interesting.
    All-New Ultimates • Earth 2 • Harley Quinn • Injustice • Invincible • Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man • Real Heroes • The Walking Dead • Ultimate FF

  3. #18
    Vai Cavalo Milkshake Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Dale Mabry & Northdale
    Posts
    252

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sage6paths View Post
    If you don't like it why are you reading it?
    I'm a big fan of the Ultimate U.
    #RallyForMarkHunt

  4. #19
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    6,463

    Default

    Seriously Please is Ultimate Carol Danvers doomed to be in "Maria "The B^^^h" Hill" Mode forever???
    how is it insult?, tony jokingly asking her if she missed him... in bed, they where lovers, and im Positive SHE Initiated that affair to begin with. yes yes i get the real world Sexual Harrasment aspect of it. But it just seems pointless... her being wasted in the Tightass Asexual Sheild Babe Role. Sense Ultimate Secret i aways hoped she would team up / Hook up with Ultimate Cap Marvel (Love Him) and become a Ultimate Ms Marvel.

    Can you Imagine a cross between the Ms Marvel Outfit and Ultimate Cap Marvels outfit EPIC


  5. #20
    On Vacation
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    4,712

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Movieartman View Post
    Seriously Please is Ultimate Carol Danvers doomed to be in "Maria "The B^^^h" Hill" Mode forever???
    how is it insult?, tony jokingly asking her if she missed him... in bed, they where lovers, and im Positive SHE Initiated that affair to begin with. yes yes i get the real world Sexual Harrasment aspect of it. But it just seems pointless... her being wasted in the Tightass Asexual Sheild Babe Role. Sense Ultimate Secret i aways hoped she would team up / Hook up with Ultimate Cap Marvel (Love Him) and become a Ultimate Ms Marvel.

    Can you Imagine a cross between the Ms Marvel Outfit and Ultimate Cap Marvels outfit EPIC
    Yah I kind of had a problem with her bitchyness too. I thought she got over it considering her actions lead to Peter's death. But right now it's fine to me because she is an ex-girlfriend to Tony. How else is she going to act?

  6. #21
    Junior Member Fizicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    445

    Default

    Another good issue, but didn't enjoy it quite as much as the first issue. Not too much seem to have happened here.

    And I was thrilled when Tony was saying he was going to visit his friend from the military...thought we would finally get to see (the proper) War Machine again! Although we did get a hint at it from Rhodey's jet. I'm really excited to (hopefully) see Rhodes in the War Machine armor next issue, with Buffagni drawing it. Also loved the Black Widow reference.

    Quote Originally Posted by J/O/J/O View Post
    Also in case people dont know Edmonson wrote on this forums that Gregory Stark will NOT be making an appearence in this series.Also grammar mistake in on of the pages.
    Aw man that's such a shame! It would be great if he could just make a brief appearance, or even just be referenced, just to satisfy continuity and to establish Gregory's existence from way back then.

    Quote Originally Posted by sage6paths View Post
    I have a feeling that the Mandarin is now Tony's father but I can't remember if it was mentioned anywhere how his father died.
    I agree with Balfro, I wouldn't want this to happen as it's already been done not once, but twice.
    Last edited by Fizicks; 11-28-2012 at 11:11 PM.
    Bring back Ultimate Doctor Doom

  7. #22
    The Best There Is Wolverine12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Claw City
    Posts
    6,364

    Default

    Solid issue from Edmunson. I really enjoyed the art but Tony's drones just made me think of the movie Spaceballs because they looked like over-sized Darth Vader helmets lol. I still don't like the new direction they are taking Tony's relationship with his father but whatever. Good to see Rhodey and get a nod to long time readers with the Widow comment.
    1) Find a bad guy
    2) Be Wolverine
    Bring Back Ultimate Wolverine...again!

  8. #23
    Elder Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    mansfield, MA
    Posts
    20,862

    Default

    A fairly decent issue.

    The missing words in the first few pages threw me a little but I'm digging the art and the general direction of the story.

    I like the misdirection being used in regards to the Mandarin's identity, in the previous issue I was fairly certain it was going to be his ex-lover/business partner but here the implications seemed to lean towards his father.

  9. #24
    New Member Genixx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    82

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Orbytal View Post
    I wonder if Anthony (talking tumor) will make an appearance or if this story will purely be separate from the Ultimates story line.
    seriously? a talking tumor? wth...

    i havent been keeping up to date with the UIronman as much as i like. i was hoping this series would catch me up.. but really? a talking tumor? maybe im glad i havent been reading more UIronman stuff.

  10. #25
    Mr. Papaya Balfro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    7,510

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Genixx View Post
    seriously? a talking tumor? wth...

    i havent been keeping up to date with the UIronman as much as i like. i was hoping this series would catch me up.. but really? a talking tumor? maybe im glad i havent been reading more UIronman stuff.
    It's not literally a talking Tumor... Ultimate Tony has always had a brain Tumor, but now he is seeing visions of his younger self (Anthony) and this vision is claiming to be his Tumor that has gained sentience, and can even manipulate machines through technokinesis. We don't know if this is true or if its something more sinister.
    All-New Ultimates • Earth 2 • Harley Quinn • Injustice • Invincible • Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man • Real Heroes • The Walking Dead • Ultimate FF

  11. #26
    New Member Genixx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    82

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Balfro View Post
    It's not literally a talking Tumor... Ultimate Tony has always had a brain Tumor, but now he is seeing visions of his younger self (Anthony) and this vision is claiming to be his Tumor that has gained sentience, and can even manipulate machines through technokinesis. We don't know if this is true or if its something more sinister.
    ok, that still doesnt help much. still a nut idea imho. :)
    maybe it will be the "mandarin" working/seeing thru him like the most recent 616 run.

  12. #27
    Back to formula?! Sinx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Indiana, USA
    Posts
    3,004

    Default

    I loved this issue and the whole miniseries thus far. I hope this creative team does more work for the UU eventually.
    Aquaman • Aquaman and the Others • Batman • Batman and Robin • Justice League • Wonder Woman • Star Trek • Brilliant • Black Science • Manifest Destiny • Morning Glories • Saga • Shutter • The Wake

  13. #28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Balfro View Post
    It's not literally a talking Tumor... Ultimate Tony has always had a brain Tumor, but now he is seeing visions of his younger self (Anthony) and this vision is claiming to be his Tumor that has gained sentience, and can even manipulate machines through technokinesis. We don't know if this is true or if its something more sinister.
    Balfro. Thanks for the great description of Anthony. My talking tumor comment was a fail attempt at a humorous posting. Early on I liked the concept and potential conflict that Anthony would provide Tony's character. Between the mini-series and the DWF/UWS crossover Anthony has kinda taken a backseat and felt more like a "sidekick".

    I hope we get to explore what impact Anthony has on Iron Man and the Ultimates in the future. If not, then I am in agreement with Geniix and the concept of Anthony is a just a "nut idea".

  14. #29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Balfro View Post
    It would be interesting but it's been done. Twice. Gregory turned out to be a villain in Ultimate Avengers vs. New Ultimates and Howard Stark Sr. Turned out to be the villain in Ultimate Armor Wars... I hope we get something new.

    That being said this issue was great and I would far prefer Edmonson on Ultimates instead of Humphries. In this issue Tony sounded like Tony and the story is very interesting.
    I think due to the obvious and seemingly unnecessary set up of that girl's backstory who mysteriously died in issue 1, it's GOT to be her. If it isn't, then that was all a moo point :P

    Also I was disappointed by this issue. For one thing, committing the cardinal sin of the clichι Iron Man vs War Machine cover, with absolutely **** all inside the book to warrant it (see many, many 616 issues for similar examples) and secondly for Tony's attitude toward Carol, he came off sounding like a 14 year old who thinks they're a playa with phrases like "You always did make me work for it" "Did you miss me in bed" and "Can we kiss and make up now". Tony is a playboy, he can even be kind of crude at times, but generally he's been classier about it.

    Overall I've been disappointed with this series. I was expecting something more like 'Armour Wars' and this is certainly not it...

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •