Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 26

Thread: Shadowman, #2

  1. #1
    Mild-Mannered Reporter
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    28,928

    Default Shadowman, #2

    Shadowman's first night on the job may just be his last. Jack Boniface has become the next Shadowman, which would be great if he had any idea what he was doing. But he doesn't and he's out of time. Master Darque has dispatched the terrifying Mr. Twist to destroy Jack and the demonic creature is tearing through half of the Big Easy in search of his prey. If the Abettors - the mysterious organization that's spent hundreds of years protecting New Orleans - can reach Jack first, he's got an outside shot at making it through the night. Find out if he'll live to see tomorrow when the return of the legendary Shadowman continues this December!


    Full article here.

  2. #2
    Senior Member rasx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,687

    Default

    Awesomeness! I can't wait to pick this up, Master Darque looks so terrifying, after conquering the Deadside he's now heading for Earth.
    New Avengers*Unity* Shadowman* RAI* TRANSFORMERS* MILES MORALES

  3. #3

    Default

    Yeah Darque really seems like a great villain. And just look at that impressive artwork... Valiant has really assigned a good set of creative teams on their books.
    Last edited by Hancock89; 11-28-2012 at 02:36 PM.

  4. #4
    Elder Member SilverZeal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    11,448

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rasx View Post
    Awesomeness! I can't wait to pick this up,
    Well, get in line right behind us/SZ. lol!
    Master Darque looks so terrifying, after conquering the Deadside he's now heading for Earth.
    Yupe...hopefully or possibly we may get sum bakstory of dis nu Master Darque & hw he got 2 conquer deadside.

    If he/Darque has already conjured a being as groteskly powerful as Mr. Twist in #1 & revealld 2 hv possibly conquerd Deadside by #2, nu Jack Boniface already has his decks stackd-up against him & dat already mks 4 an interesting anticipation & speculatively pleasant read.

  5. #5
    Elder Member SilverZeal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    11,448

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hancock89 View Post
    Yeah Darque really seems like a great villain. And just look at that impressive artwork... Valiant has really assigned a good set of creative teams on their books.
    ....Agreed!

  6. #6
    Junior Member Hawkeyeps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    439

    Default

    Woo Hoo 1 more week for new Valiant, this looks great!

    Darque seems to be quite the bad ass with quite a bit of implied history, I really like the way this book is unfolding with reader just dropped in the middle while all these things set up and reveal.

    Some didn't like this about the first issue but I think the longer the series goes the better that first issue will seem, it will make a great TPB for sure.

    I wonder how long the first arc is? Is it 4 like most of them or 5 like Harbinger, I'm sure this one will also be available for $9.99.

    Not that I could trade wait any VALIANT but at that price I'll pick them up as well and use for reading copies.

  7. #7
    Critical Critic nosocialize100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England.
    Posts
    3,623

    Default

    Can't wait for this book. I loved issue #1. This is probably my second favorite Valiant book right behind Archer.
    I write comic book reviews every Wednesday using pages from each book. Check it: Is It Good?: All the Best Books of the Day Reviewed!

  8. #8
    Verily VALIANT! BugsySig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    2,346

    Default

    Damn, can't wait for this book.

    Jack seems to have quite the jazz collection...did anyone else notice the sax!?!

    Darque looks SICK (literally and figuratively)! Truly a terrifying villain; even more so than Mr. Twist.

    Not sure about the arc length. It's only been solicited through number 4 and it isn't clear from that if its the end of the arc or not.
    VALIANT, Saga, Chew, Manhattan Projects, Revival, East of West, Locke & Key, Hawkeye, Young Avengers.

  9. #9
    Fur Bearing Indy Fan
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    118

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BugsySig View Post
    Damn, can't wait for this book.

    Jack seems to have quite the jazz collection...did anyone else notice the sax!?!

    Darque looks SICK (literally and figuratively)! Truly a terrifying villain; even more so than Mr. Twist.

    Not sure about the arc length. It's only been solicited through number 4 and it isn't clear from that if its the end of the arc or not.
    The arc is four issues, yeah. We wanted to tell stories at a pretty good clip.

  10. #10
    Verily VALIANT! BugsySig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    2,346

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Jordan View Post
    The arc is four issues, yeah. We wanted to tell stories at a pretty good clip.
    Man, Justin, you get around...lol...thanks for chiming in! Few creators seem as genuinely involved with the fan base as you and your VALIANT cohort.

    This small glimpse of Darqua has made him my new favorite villain, period. That little scene was so freakin creepy, I can't wait for more. Keep up the good work!

    Oh, and Luther Strode rocks, by the way
    VALIANT, Saga, Chew, Manhattan Projects, Revival, East of West, Locke & Key, Hawkeye, Young Avengers.

  11. #11
    Junior Member Hawkeyeps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    439

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Jordan View Post
    The arc is four issues, yeah. We wanted to tell stories at a pretty good clip.
    That makes sense #4 looks like the big show down with Twist, after that I'd imagine you'll really blow lid off with major Master Darque stuff.

    This really has the feel of the the other VALIANT books in that we get all this great set up and reveal of the larger universe while at the same time existing in it's own sphere. It must be really exciting for you to be one of the architects of the new VALIANT universe, I would imagine it's one of the better assignments one could get. Creatively it must be very satisfiying.

    The preview looks great and I'm really enjoying your work, I'm definetely in!

  12. #12
    Fur Bearing Indy Fan
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    118

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BugsySig View Post
    Man, Justin, you get around...lol...thanks for chiming in! Few creators seem as genuinely involved with the fan base as you and your VALIANT cohort.

    This small glimpse of Darqua has made him my new favorite villain, period. That little scene was so freakin creepy, I can't wait for more. Keep up the good work!

    Oh, and Luther Strode rocks, by the way
    Thanks!

    Haha, yeah, I like talking to people. And since I live in the middle of nowhere and work alone....

  13. #13
    Fur Bearing Indy Fan
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    118

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeyeps View Post
    That makes sense #4 looks like the big show down with Twist, after that I'd imagine you'll really blow lid off with major Master Darque stuff.

    This really has the feel of the the other VALIANT books in that we get all this great set up and reveal of the larger universe while at the same time existing in it's own sphere. It must be really exciting for you to be one of the architects of the new VALIANT universe, I would imagine it's one of the better assignments one could get. Creatively it must be very satisfiying.

    The preview looks great and I'm really enjoying your work, I'm definetely in!
    Thanks! I'm really proud of the work Patrick and I have done. It's a book I would want to read. The Darque stuff is really foundational to the book, so expect to see that for a while.

  14. #14
    Junior Member Hawkeyeps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    439

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Jordan View Post
    Thanks! I'm really proud of the work Patrick and I have done. It's a book I would want to read. The Darque stuff is really foundational to the book, so expect to see that for a while.
    I see Shadowman as the book that will establish "magic" in the VALIANT universe just as XO has set up the Vine, Harbinger the Psiots, A&A the Immortals and Bloodshot Project Rising Spirit.

    I like how you're approaching it in that we know nothing, it's all just here and we're thrown in to it the same way Jack is. I get a strong sense of legacy and history with Shadowman and Darque and seeing these reveal is a great hook for the book and rife with possibilities especially with regards to potential past history with the Immortal Brothers.

    It's this universe building that makes VALIANT so intriguing for me, as a fan I feel we are at the start of something very special and that makes it very exciting.
    Last edited by Hawkeyeps; 11-28-2012 at 06:29 PM.

  15. #15
    Senior Member Captain Craig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    1,743

    Default

    Am I the only one who intentionally didn't look at the preview art?
    I want to save it all for one sitting, I'm already sold on it's coolness after the first issue.
    "Freedom is the Right of ALL Sentient Beings" - Optimus Prime
    Twitter:http://twitter.com/#!/CaptainCraig1

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •