Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

When they made Iron Man I we were fresh off the first two volumes of Ultimates, one of the hottest and best comics at the time. And in the Ultimtes (which was much a source for Avengers TM as the 616 book) Nick Fury WAS Sam Jackson.
    When Mr. Jackson showed up at the end of IM I, it was an epic geekfest, on parallel with Thanos at the end of Avengers.
    So yeah, that was great casting.

Precisely that
    Well said
    Blogger

I am obsessed with the idea of completely erasing Spider-Man from every Marvel continuity

Christppher Reeve as Superman is the best of them all to me. Because i didnt care one bit about Superman films or comics and i only liked the films because he was so convincing in the role.

Worst i have seen is Ben Affleck as Daredevil. One of the best superheroes got a terrible casting that didnt fit at all. Daredevil needed someone that could capture both Matt and the superhero identity. Affleck looked like he was playing himself not enjoying working on superhero film.
    Pull List:
    The Walking Dead,Fatale,Near Death,Storm Dogs,Happy,BPRD,XO-Manowar
    American Vampire,Animal Man,Swamp Thing
    Daredevil, Winter Soldier,Indestructible Hulk

Best : Samuel Jackson, Ron Perlman, Robert Downey Jr and Mcguire

Worst : Kristen Dunst, Affleck and Halle Berry

Thomas Jane as Punisher is perfect imo, they did a real good job choosing him
    JK Simmons as JJ is perfect, and Bill Nunn as Robbie is solid
    The guy who played the Shredder in the 90 is awesome, can't believe no one brought him up (if any)
    Blogger

I am obsessed with the idea of completely erasing Spider-Man from every Marvel continuity

Quote Originally Posted by Aziz Abbasi View Post
    The guy who played the Shredder in the 90 is awesome, can't believe no one brought him up (if any)
    The first Turtles movie was just cast brilliantly. The turtles were well-voiced, Judith Hoag's a good balance of the different Aprils up to that point, the Shredder was superb, and again, Elias Koteas just killed as Casey Jones.

Quote Originally Posted by GozertheGozarian View Post
    She's been terrible in all of the Resident Evil movies.
    Not really.

Quote Originally Posted by MRMIRACLE View Post
    The Worst:
    Bana, Norton AND Ruffalo as the Hulk (Banner should look like he needs life support, but Ruffalo's Hulk was pretty Awesome!)

So how is something the worst and awesome?

Quote Originally Posted by DennyK View Post
    Bad as the normal persona, awesome as "The Other Guy"
    Blogger

Quote Originally Posted by DennyK View Post
    I think they have all done a decent job as Banner, I also see it as the 3 different actors playing Banner at three separate times in his life
    Support your local roller derby league

Chaotically Neutral Monty_Cristo's Avatar

Bana was instructed to emote less. so i won't blame the lackluster performance on him. but i liked Ruffalo's Banner the best; although it didn't resemble the comic book character, much.
    60% percent of the time, Ant-Man beats Doom every time

BANNED

Everyone in the Nolan films as everyone they played (whilst Talia was poorly portrayed it was good casting). Same for Marvel studio films.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kirayoshi View Post
    He made a decent Batman and an even better Bruce Wayne.
    Really? It bothered me how obvious that he was Batman throughout the whole thing. There's a silent, single wierdo who no one sees at night and if they do runs away in the middle of a party with lots of money and time who's parents have been murdered in front of him. Who do you think is the guy that dresses up like a bat and beats criminals to solve his anger issues? I did like his Batman though.

Chaotically Neutral Monty_Cristo's Avatar

Chris Noth in his prime is sort of how i picture Bruce Wayne, in my head. Keaton and Kilmer (to some extent) tried to play Wayne as an eccentric. problem being that it's not much of a disguise. i think Batman would have a slightly more convincing non-costumed persona.

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm2917237248/nm0636562
    60% percent of the time, Ant-Man beats Doom every time

Quote Originally Posted by Monty_Cristo View Post
    Chris Noth in his prime is sort of how i picture Bruce Wayne, in my head. Keaton and Kilmer (to some extent) tried to play Wayne as an eccentric. problem being that it's not much of a disguise. i think Batman would have a slightly more convincing non-costumed persona.

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm2917237248/nm0636562
    I could see that....I grew up on Law and Order and Det Mike Logan (Noths character) was pretty damn awesome...but if you look at how he plays Big in Sex and the City, that's kind of how Bruce Wayne is IMO
    Support your local roller derby league