Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Richard Corben

I don't mind the pain Oskar Von Strange's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Danish View Post
    No that was just a one-shot. I have that comic, which was pretty good. So this is a totally new adaptation.

So yeah like everyone else here, I love Richard Corben's work and style, a true great of the medium. I absolutely love the way he draws corpses and voluptuous women.
    Currently reading:Creepy, Eerie, Frankenstein Alive Alive, The Goon, Haunted Horror, Hellboy in Hell, King Conan: The Conquerer, Minimum Wage, Stray Bullets: Killers

No task too small ForeverTaskmaster's Avatar

I loved his Hellblazer jail story.

The first time I encountered Corben's work-- which was probably Hellblazer-- I couldn't stand it. Now, I can't get enough. He's one of the finest artists to ever grace the medium, and he seems to get better with age. I was re-reading his Poe and Lovecraft adaptations that Marvel put out a few years ago as Haunt of Horror MAX the other night, and I just marvelled at his storytelling and atmosphere (and the fact that for a brief period of time Marvel would actually put out a book like that).

Corben's "Fall of the House of Usher" concluded nicely with its second issue. His recent Poe adaptations are surprisingly good and I'm even more excited for "The Raven and The Red Death" in October now.
    Last edited by Danish; 07-18-2013 at 06:31 PM.
    Reading:
    On Hold:

Quote Originally Posted by Angilas-Man View Post
    Crooked Man is possibly my favorite Hellboy story - and yet I have not sought out his other work! I'll have to check out Ragemoor, and Creepy Presents, and (whenever it comes out) the tpb of the Poe stuff he's doing now.
    His edition of Creepy Presents... was fantastic! I'm a huge Corben fan so it's hard to pick just one story as my favorite, I like his werewolf stories and Mutant World is of course a joy.

Rowlf (first appeared as an underground, then serialized/continued in Heavy Metal) is one of my fave Corbenworx.

Quote Originally Posted by verslibre View Post
    Rowlf (first appeared as an underground, then serialized/continued in Heavy Metal) is one of my fave Corbenworx.
    I have the original underground of that, his Fantagor work was great. And i always loved Den and all the Heavy Metal work. I would highly recommend his recent Ragemoor comic from DH.

Optic Blast, Optic Blast B. Kuwanger's Avatar

Awesome. I haven't seen very much of his work since his stint on Conan, but I really like it.
    4/9: Iron Fist, Flash Gordon, Doop, Magnus, Superboy, Shutter, Judge Dredd, Ghost Rider, Secret Avengers, X-Factor

Quote Originally Posted by Danish View Post
    Corben's "Fall of the House of Usher" concluded nicely with its second issue. His recent Poe adaptations are surprisingly good and I'm even more excited for "The Raven and The Red Death" in October now.
    I've been really enjoying these too, I didn't know he was doing another one in October til I was browsing the previews. Pulled that one straight away.
    Currently enjoying: Batman, Detective Comics, American Vampire, Saga, The Wake, Letter 44, The Manhattan Projects, Atomic Robo, East of West, Ghosted, FBP...

Ek Vitki Runoz Writu CaptMagellan's Avatar

Corben's great! He's one of those artists who can take a sub-standard script and make it sing with the way he brings it to life. And with a truly stellar writer... complete magic!
    "The Way to see by Faith, is to shut the Eye of Reason" - Benjamin Franklin

"Religion can never reform mankind because religion is slavery." - R.G. Ingersoll

Love his work. Been reading it since Den. I've not been disappointed yet.

More human than human. Johnny P. Sartre's Avatar

Got some more Corben as of recently:
    Mutant World
    Bodyssey
    Starr The Slayer
    Arabian Nights

Next on the list is his two art books
    The 9th Blog
    A Blog made with friends about comics, the 9th art
    Tumblr: Comics! Comics! Comics! ACK!