Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Movieartman View Post
    Bendis finally undid the stupidity that he has committed. I hope to see a Strange as before (before Bendis, obviously).

BANNED

I'll actually miss New Avengers. Where is Dedato going to, so we know?

Quote Originally Posted by Swashbuckler View Post
    I'll actually miss New Avengers. Where is Dedato going to, so we know?
    He's going to be a rotating artist in Hickman's Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by Movieartman View Post
    Nice. But I do think the golden round belt buckle (?) clashes with the eye of Agammotto, and, without it, it's pretty much the old costume totally in black and red (which is a nice color scheme, mind you).

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by mdg1 View Post
    Oh baloney....

Sure, Strange kicked butt, but in the context of all of this, Bendis killed four good characters (Hand, Kale, and the brothers Voodoo) to what purpose? To restore the same status quo he broke? To define the rules of magic as "Use footnotes instead of rhymes"? What was the point of Doctor Voodoo if he was going to backpedal and say "The Ancient One/Vishanti were testing Stephen".

Waste of time.
    StrongGuy:

Good point about Voodoo.

and the random artist pages were horrible.
    mugiwara:

So Kale and Voodoo died so they can show how great Dr Strange is?

That pathetic joke of the character made it to my worst 10 list.
    Agreed & co-signd 2 all d abv posts....altho Strange isnt on our/SZ worst 10 list but he sure has bn pushd down 'flag/rank pole' not bcuz of d xcter himself/Strange but bcuz of Bendis.

So Bendis basically hit the reset button, and took his pet characters with him lol (or out in V. Hand's case). Hoping Hickman brings the heat with his illuminati-vengers, and that we dont hear of these characters for a LOOOOONG time:

- The Sentry (we're doing good so far lol)
    - The Hood (NEVER wanna see a flitter of his cape again)
    - D Man (simply cuz Bendis pretty much turned him from sympathetic to a joke)
    - Ares (the ONLY character I thought he did right, and I'd hate to see the next writer's version of him)
    http://reverbnation.com/roninakacmil

"put haters to the left i aint lettin 'em win,
    Cuz i got mind soul and power like infinity gems"

http://i53.tinypic.com/2dqpk7c.jpg

Edit: Type the wrong thing..

Meh, so strange is back to what he was.

R.I.P. Dwayne McDuffie Greg Anderson's Avatar

:Sighs: Of course.
    Greg Anderson: Blackized Anti-Sterotypist!

Free Umbra!

Luke Cage and Dr. Strange fans rejoice... Strange is Sorcerer Supreme once more and Luke Cage is re-launching the heroes for hire... Yea baby...

The Marvel Now New Avengers just upgraded to one of the most powerful Avenger teams ever to THE most powerful Avenger team ever..
    Used to be Jugganuat on the Marvel Boards...

Quote Originally Posted by Juggy313 View Post
    Luke Cage and Dr. Strange fans rejoice... Strange is Sorcerer Supreme once more and Luke Cage is re-launching the heroes for hire... Yea baby...
    Well if they don't end up being in any of the Marvel NOW! books because Bendis is done with them will they still rejoice?

Seems lackluster. Glad I stopped collecting this with the Heroric age relaunch.
    My Canon > Your Canon

Boo!!! I wanted people revived

I'm like Spidey. I'm disappointed that Hand didn't reappear after Daniel died. I suppose Bendis created Victoria Hand as a lackey for the Dark Reign, following in Norman Osborns footsteps, and as such, Bendis didn't feel she needed the redemption that others could be accorded. (Daimon, and Kale are scorcerers, so they can always find a way back from death). But for Victoria there is no redemption. Vic was dumb enough to accept a job as the hand maiden of the Green Goblin, and she tries to justify herself by saying she tried to keep Norman sane. Vic still pulls a huge gun on the Cage family, so somewhere in there she doesn't think she is anything more than a villain anyway.

What has Victoria Hand been to the MU? There have been plenty of villainesses and all of them accepted what they were. When they were caught, they were handcuffed and went into the justice system. Victoria Hand deluded herself that she was honorable and so spoke like she was a government employee. She was the Dark Reign. She was the whole facade that said that this DR was legitimate, and it was right. She made it look like the heroes had been wrong the whole time, and that the world needed a new broom, and her eyes were dazzled by the heroism of Norman Osborn just like everyone else. She is the ultimate groupie. It doesn't matter what corruption is going on, her man is always right.

Victoria Hand was portrayed as gay, and this could leave a poor reflection on that disposition. Not that all gays are evil, because there are plenty of gays in Marvel who are good. But how many female gays have there been?

Would I have liked Victoria Hand to have survived into Marvel NOW? I always thought more could have been explored by her character. It was sort of, in the Return of Norman Osborn arc, where the New Avengers thought Vic sided back with Norman, and she had her chance. It could have been explored further, why there was this character flaw of her being an evil groupie, and how much she could be turned in the future. Weakness like that is something I'm interested in. As far as I could tell, Victoria Hand served herself with distinction as a hero in that respect, so she went out a hero in my book.
    Last edited by jackolover; 11-28-2012 at 02:32 PM.
    Visited NY and DC and saw Spider-Man Turn off the Dark.

Strange is already confirmed on the New Avengers... Bendis wouldn't let Cage fade into obscurity...
    Used to be Jugganuat on the Marvel Boards...

Don't like the new look, hopefully another artist will either bring back Strange's classic look, which is of course, awesome, or tweak that a bit. The gold disc is just sitting there on his belt like a sore thumb, like Deodato couldn't be bothered to come up with a good design. Ugh.