View Poll Results: What did you think of Ultimate X-Men #19?

Voters
50. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Great! An awesome conclusion!

38 76.00%
  • Good. A solid finish to the event.

9 18.00%
  • Meh. Could have been better, but I didn't hate it.

2 4.00%
  • Bad. I didn't really care for this story.

0 0%
  • Awful. Wish I didn't read it.

1 2.00%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

I really like Micromax. His costume is very Ultimate and he is a Giant-Man the correct way (unlike how Humphries has been using them lately).
    All-New Ultimates Earth 2 Harley Quinn Injustice Invincible Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man Real Heroes The Walking Dead Ultimate FF

Does anyone else think that Mach may have a potential connection to the Magneto/Quicksilver/Wanda family?

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Based on everything we've seen of her since the reveal back during Spencer's run, it seems that she really has jumped ship and is drinking Xorn's Kool Aid.
    Wonder if Fury's figured it out with all that's he's got on his plate. We definitely need to learn more about Xorn and Tian.

Quote Originally Posted by kidchameleon View Post
    Does anyone else think that Mach may have a potential connection to the Magneto/Quicksilver/Wanda family?
    She could be though it might be too obvious so not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Balfro View Post
    I really like Micromax. His costume is very Ultimate and he is a Giant-Man the correct way (unlike how Humphries has been using them lately).
    I'm hoping to see more of him.

This was undoubtedly one of my favorite issues of UXM released in the last decade. Now if only Humphries can come up with some good stories we'll have a great UU again!
    Aquaman Aquaman and the Others Batman Batman and Robin Justice League Wonder Woman Star Trek Brilliant Black Science Manifest Destiny Morning Glories Saga Shutter The Wake

Loving the Utopia storyline done right. Mach Two is really becoming an interesting antagonist, and I can't wait to see what else she's plotting.

You guys want to guess the remaining mutant's powers on the reservation?
    Last edited by 5cents; 12-01-2012 at 05:01 PM.

I find it amusing that Decimation is happening in the UU right after 616's ended.

I know it's a little late but I just got around to reading Ultimate Comics: X-Men #19 and boy was it great! Brian Wood continues to show that he really knows how to write these characters. 10/10! It's sad to see that Jean Grey looks to be a future antagonist. Waiting for Ultimate Comics:X-Men #20 is just going to be harder.

Quote Originally Posted by chakal View Post
    Blackheath is not a new character. In 616 universe he used to be known as Plantman. He was retconned into being mutant in Ultimate Universe.

The issue was super-awesome. Wood is a great writer. He prooved himself with adjectiveless X-men, and now he's doing even better work. The nods to decimation and utopia are cool idea.

Attachment 104981
    Wonder if we get ultimate avx too?[/SIZE]
    I wouldn't want an ultimate AvX with so many key characters being dead, and besides Ultimate War is close enough to being an Ultimate AvX series.

Veteran Member The Beast Of Yucca Flats's Avatar

I decided to get #18.1 on a whim (aside from Richard Corben's new Poe adap, it was a rather slow week), and was rather surprised at how good it was-- (a.) finding X-books at best only rarely interesting, and (b.) reading only one Ultimate book in my life and finding it mostly just passable [Ellis & Nord's Ultimate Human]. And my surprise only grew here with #19. Brian Wood has crafted the most fascinating status quo for an X-book since the nuMarvel days of Morrison & Milligan/Allred. He's also especially-- I'm assuming, coming in rather ignorant of the prior scribes-- created a rather compelling antagonist in Mach Two, the 14-year old Magneto-in-the-making. Paco Medina compliments the story nigh perfectly. A solid effort all-around.

I have to admit I miss the 'original' X Men but Wood's writing is better than anything in the 616 'X' universe these days.