View Poll Results: What did you think of Ultimate X-Men #19?

Voters
50. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Great! An awesome conclusion!

38 76.00%
  • Good. A solid finish to the event.

9 18.00%
  • Meh. Could have been better, but I didn't hate it.

2 4.00%
  • Bad. I didn't really care for this story.

0 0%
  • Awful. Wish I didn't read it.

1 2.00%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Another good issue by Wood. Psylocke is back from the dead so it's only a matter of time until others come back. I don't see how it's possible that there are only 20 mutants left, that will change I'm betting. I really can't wait to see more of Jean and Tian. Thank you Mr. Wood, now please just bring back the real Wolverine.

One thing I'm having a hard time figuring out is Jimmy and Kitty's relationship, what's up with those two??
    Did Psylocke "die" again after World Tour? Ultimatum perhaps? Although really, it would appear as though Wood prefers to do his own thing rather than allow himself to be bogged down by pre-Ultimatum continuity minutia anyway, a move I'm all for. I mean, does it REALLY matter to anyone that James Proudstar was Shaman before he showed up here as Warpath? I'm not losing any sleep, nor do I particularly care that he accidentally introduced a currently-dead wallpaper character from earlier in the series into his cast. Wood's brought new life to this book and made it relevant again, something I didn't think possible; I'd rather he just tell his story with the cast he wants and blame any inconsistencies on the fact that Ultimate X-Men jumped the shark LONG before Wood came aboard .

I honestly don't understand how you think this story would be better with Wolverine. Kitty can only be this leader if she's the only person these kids can turn to. There's no way Kitty commands Logan. It just doesn't work. Hate Ultimatum all you want, but this story only exists because of the landscape it created for the X-Verse.
    Marriage Era Spidey bashers are shameful opportunists (Like you REALLY didn't enjoy a single Spidey comic in 20 years)
    Conversely, BND haters REALLY need to get over their continuity elitism already

On Vacation

Quote Originally Posted by taylor51 View Post
    Did Psylocke "die" again after World Tour? Ultimatum perhaps? Although really, it would appear as though Wood prefers to do his own thing rather than allow himself to be bogged down by pre-Ultimatum continuity minutia anyway, a move I'm all for. I mean, does it REALLY matter to anyone that James Proudstar was Shaman before he showed up here as Warpath? I'm not losing any sleep, nor do I particularly care that he accidentally introduced a currently-dead wallpaper character from earlier in the series into his cast. Wood's brought new life to this book and made it relevant again, something I didn't think possible; I'd rather he just tell his story with the cast he wants and blame any inconsistencies on the fact that Ultimate X-Men jumped the shark LONG before Wood came aboard .

I honestly don't understand how you think this story would be better with Wolverine. Kitty can only be this leader if she's the only person these kids can turn to. There's no way Kitty commands Logan. It just doesn't work. Hate Ultimatum all you want, but this story only exists because of the landscape it created for the X-Verse.
    Yah actually I am all for that. I don't really care too much who is in the story so long as the story is good and they contribute something to the story. That being said some of this stuff could have been changed pretty easily. Psylocke doesn't necessarily have to be Betsy Braddock. Psylocke is a kickass codename. If someone is dead there codename is up for grabs in my book. As for James Proudstar the name could have been changed easily if they really wanted to. I'm not losing any sleep over this but these are really minor things that can easily be retconned if Brian really wanted to.

True Superior Spider-Man Kurolegacy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sage6paths View Post
    Yah actually I am all for that. I don't really care too much who is in the story so long as the story is good and they contribute something to the story. That being said some of this stuff could have been changed pretty easily. Psylocke doesn't necessarily have to be Betsy Braddock. Psylocke is a kickass codename. If someone is dead there codename is up for grabs in my book. As for James Proudstar the name could have been changed easily if they really wanted to. I'm not losing any sleep over this but these are really minor things that can easily be retconned if Brian really wanted to.
    I dunno, the issue listed her name as Betsy Braddock when it gave her name, codename and powers. I think it could be her just having made another body jump which does make sense for her. And interestingly, speaking of her powers, seems that she got some new powers with this body jump. While she retained her telepathy, she's gained telekinesis.
    Holding out for a Peter/Miles team up.

T
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    I dunno, the issue listed her name as Betsy Braddock when it gave her name, codename and powers. I think it could be her just having made another body jump which does make sense for her. And interestingly, speaking of her powers, seems that she got some new powers with this body jump. While she retained her telepathy, she's gained telekinesis.
    Maybe her powers just evolved like Kitty's has.
    All-New Ultimates Earth 2 Harley Quinn Injustice Invincible Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man Real Heroes The Walking Dead Ultimate FF

I loved this issue for a lot of reasons, but the possible answer to why Mach Two is called Mach Two is awesomeness. "It might just be the name of this particular brand of blue hair dye." But still the hint that it could be a lot more... she's already a fascinating character. The same can be said for all of the characters, actually. This issue read like an hour of television. Breaking Bad level television. PLEASE GIVE WOOD THE ULTIMATES! It would make my month!
    Looking for artists, know I won't find any. That blows.

Yea, this was another great installment in the UX series. Not much I can say that didn't already be said. I don't think I've ever read a X-book where the stakes felt more real. The tension feels so real. I can take it further and say I like Mach Two way more than I like Magneto. I'm sure she's even more pragmatic than Mags. I would say I'm grateful for a series like this because the regular X-books sometimes feel to me as going through motions. The last 5 or 6 issues of this book feels more 'realer' if that's the best word. Or rather in simpler words, I like books where I feel like I got my money's worth. I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by taylor51 View Post

Logan comes back and joins the Ultimates, is the liaison between Kitty and Cap with the occasional team up. Or he is in a solo book. Have 2 Ultimate X-Men titles. There area bunch of ways to bring him back and not challenge Kitty's leadership. I'm glad you assumed that is what I wanted though .
    1) Find a bad guy
    2) Be Wolverine
    Bring Back Ultimate Wolverine...again!

Logan comes back and joins the Ultimates, is the liaison between Kitty and Cap with the occasional team up. Or he is in a solo book. Have 2 Ultimate X-Men titles. There area bunch of ways to bring him back and not challenge Kitty's leadership. I'm glad you assumed that is what I wanted though .
    You know you just asked for Logan to be part of Humphries Ultimates...

Prepare to see a star spangled Wolverine.
    I like Ultimate Comics. - Read them with us!

I also buy: Captain America, Avengers, FF, New Avengers, X-Factor, among others

Quote Originally Posted by Plawsky View Post

He's the best he is at what he does, and what he does is play football while waving the american flag...
    All-New Ultimates Earth 2 Harley Quinn Injustice Invincible Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man Real Heroes The Walking Dead Ultimate FF

Quote Originally Posted by Plawsky View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Balfro View Post
    He's the best he is at what he does, and what he does is play football while waving the american flag...
    Humphries already showed him to us once in Cap's day dream. Besides I don't care how he comes back, they can always fix it down the road when Wood takes over Ultimates.
    1) Find a bad guy
    2) Be Wolverine
    Bring Back Ultimate Wolverine...again!

Humphries already showed him to us once in Cap's day dream. Besides I don't care how he comes back, they can always fix it down the road when Wood takes over Ultimates.
    Has anyone asked how Brian Wood feels about the Ultimates and Sam Humphries writing? Maybe he likes Humphries Ultimates. I mean he did follow along in his whole event and he is using Iron Patriot in his stories. Still though I wouldn't mind Brian Wood writing Ultimates.

Is Jean still pulling double duty for Fury or at least making Fury think she's still with shield? Hasn't been touched on for a while. Brian?

Quote Originally Posted by ziver View Post
    Has anyone asked how Brian Wood feels about the Ultimates and Sam Humphries writing? Maybe he likes Humphries Ultimates. I mean he did follow along in his whole event and he is using Iron Patriot in his stories. Still though I wouldn't mind Brian Wood writing Ultimates.
    I'm pretty sure any tie-ins on Wood's part were strictly editorial mandated, but I could be wrong. The fact that X-Men wasn't so patriotic was a huge clue to Wood knowing how the event SHOULD have been written.

Jeeeeeeez... This was by far the best issue in a long, LONG time. Like, since Millar. The potential is just seeping from every pore of this book and I am genuinely excited for what comes next.

Kitty vs Nomi is an interesting dynamic. I love the new mutants (especially Zero, I think I have a potential new favourite mutant there). Karen/ Jean as the wildcard is also an interesting addition to the melting pot, and I'm hoping she hasn't forgotten her old ties to Kitty and the X-Men.

Bravo Mr Wood. Keep it coming!
    "Predictable? If there were any more plot twists going on, we'd need M. Night Shyamalan to randomly appear at the end saying 'What a twist' before vanishing". - Kurolegacy on Ult X-Men #8.

True Superior Spider-Man Kurolegacy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 5cents View Post
    Is Jean still pulling double duty for Fury or at least making Fury think she's still with shield? Hasn't been touched on for a while. Brian?
    Based on everything we've seen of her since the reveal back during Spencer's run, it seems that she really has jumped ship and is drinking Xorn's Kool Aid.
    Holding out for a Peter/Miles team up.