View Poll Results: What did you think of Ultimate X-Men #19?

Voters
50. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Great! An awesome conclusion!

38 76.00%
  • Good. A solid finish to the event.

9 18.00%
  • Meh. Could have been better, but I didn't hate it.

2 4.00%
  • Bad. I didn't really care for this story.

0 0%
  • Awful. Wish I didn't read it.

1 2.00%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Mutants on the brink. What other powers do we need? Only thing I can see in Jean's agenda for the moment is wanting the remaining mutants to join the Sear though Kitty might not think it's a good idea even if it's a paradise.
    Last edited by joshtylen; 11-28-2012 at 11:20 AM.
    Risen

Quote Originally Posted by sage6paths View Post
    Also there are still the mutants in Tian.
    Jean Grey and Ultimate X and the runaways.
    I wonder how many mutants took Tian's invitation? I'm sure Brian will get to it.
    Risen

On Vacation

Quote Originally Posted by joshtylen View Post
    I wonder how many mutants took Tian's invitation? I'm sure Brian will get to it.
    Probably the ones that could get there. I'm sure there are more mutants around the world. How is the cure administer in third world countries they can hardly get food sometimes.

True there could be lots more mutants who have been under the radar.
    Risen

Excuse while I pick up the remaining pieces of my brain....
    Okay done!
    I have never read a perfect X-Men comic,but this comes very close.High point of my comic reading this week.
    Points galore:
    -The Reservation as well as what the mutants do to make it safe was well thought out and executed.
    -The new additions to the cast are instantly likeable.
    -Medina's art was IMO better than ever.
    -Already we have a ton of s**t going around with Mach-Two and Karen Scheming.

Is the gun Kitty received a regular gun or a "cure gun"?
    Bravo,Mr. Wood and Medina!

THIS IS SO GOOD.

Ultimate Comics doing Decimation AND Utopia right.

I LOVE seeing the mutants build their community from the ground up and not just using the never-ending and ambiguous supply that Frost/Worthington could scrounger up.

This is a thrilling adventure I'm glad I came back for. The new cast is great and many are already given so much life in such a short time.

THE BEST.
    wood / bkv / coipel / pichelli / staples / del mundo
    flagship x-men // avengers undercover // saga // private eye

I will agree with others that UCXM has the best story going of all the Ultimate books.

Glad to see a circle back to Tian and Karen/Jean, thereís been way too many loose ends floating since Ultimate X and the re-launch of UCXM.

While not a big fan of the art, it was somewhat consistent with what I have been seeing (with 18.1 being an exception). The way artists are changed all the time itís all I can ask for at this point.

Also I can't believe you're not freaking about Seth Vale, Hi-Fi.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure he's different from Black Box. I think they used his 616 real name, didn't they?
    wood / bkv / coipel / pichelli / staples / del mundo
    flagship x-men // avengers undercover // saga // private eye

Galaxy News Radio bladeofdarkness's Avatar

overall, great start to what seems to be a fantastic arc.
    each of the newer mutants got to show off what their powers are, and it looks like factions are already in place (mostly).

but am I the only one bothered that only 15 people got to vote over who gets to lead ?

Quote Originally Posted by Faded View Post
    Also I can't believe you're not freaking about Seth Vale, Hi-Fi.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure he's different from Black Box. I think they used his 616 real name, didn't they?
    LMAO Oh, man. If only it had been our beloved Jessica Vale aka Preview. <3

Quote Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
    overall, great start to what seems to be a fantastic arc.
    each of the newer mutants got to show off what their powers are, and it looks like factions are already in place (mostly).

but am I the only one bothered that only 15 people got to vote over who gets to lead ?
    I think we're supposed to assume everyone voted, we just "saw" 15 of them but all had a say.

Added a poll, get to voting! Some of the options are wrong, since it autofilled from my last poll, but the idea is the same.

This is seriously an awesome book. It feels a lot like it did when BKV was writing it - fresh. Millar's run was great, but it was still very "typical" X-Men (typical isn't meant to be negative there, mind you). This really feels new, and like something that hasn't been done with the X-Men before. As upsetting as the huge drop in quality with the Ultimates is, this almost makes up for it. This is the best that Ultimate X-Men has been in years, and it keeps getting better!

A few questions:

Who are the other five mutants? We only see 15, though there are 17 on Jean's iPad.
    How many mutants are left in the rest of America? The World? There's no way that every mutant in the country was there to take the cure.
    What of Colossus, Havok, etc?

I look forward to learning more about this new status quo. Reservation X looks like it will go down as one of the best Ultimate stories ever, so I can't wait to see where this goes. I'm super excited that Tian is coming back into the fold. I hope that we eventually see Apocalypse again, too.

Keep 'em coming, Brian!
    I like Ultimate Comics. - Read them with us!

I also buy: Captain America, Avengers, FF, New Avengers, X-Factor, among others

Quote Originally Posted by Faded View Post
    THIS IS SO GOOD.

Ultimate Comics doing Decimation AND Utopia right.
    My thoughts exactly. I can only imagine what marvels Wood would do for the X-Men if he was let loose on the franchise. I hope Nomi isn't going full evil because I'd tend to agree with her. Really the Reservation is a skewed deal, it's not like they have that much of a future there. They can't get a job, or money, or education, or anything.
    X-Poster of the Month: March (and February) 2014

What an ignorant statement, in an ironically ignorant post.
    ~~ some troll

I really love the cast so far.The only one makes me iffy is Magma since she looks just like Firestar.Maybe she's Jean's spy?
    Hey maybe I'm just looking to deep at it since i was thegut that said one of the mutants from an earlier issue was Simon Williams.

On Vacation

Quote Originally Posted by sweetdumbass View Post
    My thoughts exactly. I can only imagine what marvels Wood would do for the X-Men if he was let loose on the franchise. I hope Nomi isn't going full evil because I'd tend to agree with her. Really the Reservation is a skewed deal, it's not like they have that much of a future there. They can't get a job, or money, or education, or anything.
    Yah thats what the Native Americans said about Oklahoma. Until they struck oil.

I honestly dont think I could be any happier with this book!!

Looking forward to The SEAR coming back into play and cant wait til we see his take on the stuff Spencer was setting up over at Roxxon. I think Brian will write a great Layla Miller!

I'm hoping the gun in this issue contains non-metallic bullets to give Kitty a chance against Nomi
    ULTIMATE COMICS ~ DC DARK ~ BUFFY/ANGEL ~ GREEN ARROW ~BATMAN/BATWOMAN ~ THE MASSIVE ~ PLUS LOTS OF IMAGE