Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

You think? :s
    BB

I do like how they claim Animal Man/Swamp Thing/Constantine are in a "seperate timeline" when Animal Man was in 52 and stuff.
    Army of Crime

Image: Fatale, Saga
    Dark Horse: Mind Mgmt
    Marvel: Daredevil, Hawkeye, Thor: God of Thunder

Quote Originally Posted by Superdog View Post
    In the last issue there was some sort of splash page that showed main DCU, Vertigo (with Constantine and Swamp Thing) and Wildstorm as three seperate things, and then something about combining them. Now that I think about, Constantine was put back into the main DCU with Brightest Day and the Search for Swamp Thing, which predates Flashpoint I think.
    Thank you, and yes "Brightest Day Aftermath: The Search For Swamp Thing" predates "Flashpoint".

Any guesses who the black haired girl standing next to Shade is?
    Army of Crime

Image: Fatale, Saga
    Dark Horse: Mind Mgmt
    Marvel: Daredevil, Hawkeye, Thor: God of Thunder

I do like how they claim Animal Man/Swamp Thing/Constantine are in a "seperate timeline" when Animal Man was in 52 and stuff.
    Wow Superdog thanks a lot! Obliged.
    Usually I'm a lazy reader especially on super-hero stuff: there is so much nonsense going on, that it is an effort for me to not cry or laugh. At the contray when the material deserves, like a DeLillo book, I'm caught.

Sorry, at the moment I have not clue. I would say some magician friend of Constantine like Zatanna, but I really don't know.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by passer-by View Post
    I don't think anyone would dispute that DC characters are not part of the DCU. ;)
    Except that sentence isn't as straight forward as you think. DC has plenty of characters who aren't in the main DC Universe.

BANNED

Well, I think that goes back to there being two of each although at the time we were never told that. I guess. Also, don't forget Shade the Changing Man

Madame Xanadu. She did have a Vertigo series a few years ago.
    X-Poster of the Month: May 2013
    The Best There Is At What I Do

Top Ten Magic Bitches

I don't really care either way.
    X-Poster of the Month: July 2013
    The Best There Is At What I Do

When it comes to Constantine it's just way too confusing to sort out. It really just comes down to changes in policy at DC/Vertigo along the way. Continuity-wise there's no way to make sense of it.

Otherwise

Quote Originally Posted by MartinRedmond View Post
    I don't really care either way.
    Care enough to comment :D
    BB

In the Marvel Knights Vietnam gets mentioned as well. Off the top of my head he mentions someone he served with in one of the stories.

According to Comic book database, John shows up in an issue of Teen Titans. I have no idea if that's true or not and what the context could be.

Well yes, I assumed it was obvious I was refering only to the characters who were from DC, not creator owned titles.
    So the Vertigo continuity carries over to the DCU when the characters appear there. Does it work the other way around? In the Vertigo titles is there ever any mention of Metropolis, Gotham, or interactions with caped super heroes? Would Superman or the Justice League ever be brought up in the Vertigo titles? I think Vertigo is more than simply adult versions of DCU characters. There is a reason Killing Joke isn't a Vertigo comic.
    The Copper Age is my Golden Age
    My 2014 1000 comic progress

BANNED

According to Comic book database, John shows up in an issue of Teen Titans. I have no idea if that's true or not and what the context could be.
    John did indeed show up in an issue of New Teen Titans, in which he interacted with Mento (who he had been shown as an associate of in Moore's Swamp Thing run). He also made a one panel cameo in Ostrander's Spectre series in the 90s, which indirectly referenced events in John's own book. The same Spectre series also reintroduced the American Scream from Shade the Changing Man. Basically, any Vertigo character with ties to the DCU was always in the DCU, while most of the creator owned characters existed in their own individual continuities separate from everything else, so the idea of a 'Vertigo Universe' simply makes no sense either way.
    Last edited by tony ingram; 12-08-2012 at 01:51 AM.