Page 21 of 29 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by stillanerd View Post
    Yes, but the thing is, both Cyclops' X-Men and Wolverine's X-Men (or the Uncanny Avengers) say they are fighting for Xavier's dream even though one side is clearly more in line with what Xavier advocated and the other side is not. And I know die-hard Cyclops fans may not like to hear this, but attempting to achieve peaceful co-existence through force and saying mutants are entitled because they are an "elite species" was not something Xavier advocated.
    You do know Xavier wrote the book on child soldiers and used to brainwash mobs, right? Admittedly, he never went on about mutants being an elite species *publicly*, but he was all for his students/soldiers going out in the world to help out.

Current Wolverine basically has the building and the tag line right.

I probably like you. Filthy Mutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Avenging X-man View Post
    Why are you even on this board?
    Quote Originally Posted by Home made ectoplasm View Post
    I think he's banned from the Avengers board.
    That makes sense.

X-Poster of the Month: December 2012
    X-Poster of the Month: December 2009

The Best There Is At What I Do

BANNED

welcome to the x-forums! hope u survive the x-perience!

Quote Originally Posted by DarthCyclopsRLZ View Post
    You do know Xavier wrote the book on child soldiers and used to brainwash mobs, right? Admittedly, he never went on about mutants being an elite species *publicly*, but he was all for his students/soldiers going out in the world to help out.

Current Wolverine basically has the building and the tag line right.
    Oh, Charles Xavier was certainly not a saint, I agree with you there. But the thing the X-Men comics tried to get across was that Xavier felt that mutants needed to learn proper control of their powers so they wouldn't be a danger to themselves and to others, and that the X-Men were not so much soldiers as they were protectors just like any other group of superheroes--particularly from other mutants like Magneto who looked down upon humanity. And he also believed in idea that educating the mind was just as important, if not more so, than educating them in proper use of their powers and self-defense techniques. That's what at least Wolverine is trying to emulate with his Jean Grey school. To use an example from classical antiquity, Wolverine's X-Men are the Athenians and Cyclops' X-Men are the Spartans.
    Blog: Yes, I Am STILL a Nerd!

Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton

Wolverine doesn't want the kids to get involved period. Chuck didn't have issues with the kids getting involved while there was still work to be done. Emphasis on the latter.

Nobody would have a problem if Wolverine had pulled his Schism drama fit at a better time. Nothing wrong with the intent. Heck, it's pretty much Cyclops' endgame, as per AvX. It's the godawful timing and pack mentality that are utterly baffling.

Random question...How did Cyclops get out of jail? Alex visits him there in this issue of Uncanny Avengers, but in All New X-Men, he's running around recruiting new mutants...

Slaughter Swamp, I seen't Grundy, I seen't him!

Magneto and Magik broke him out in avx consequences
    they label me a villain cause of how I express my feelings

Quote Originally Posted by Froggy View Post
    Magneto and Magik broke him out in avx consequences
    Thanks, that's what I figured, just didn't read that issue or know which one it happened in.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Wolverine doesn't want the kids to get involved period. Chuck didn't have issues with the kids getting involved while there was still work to be done. Emphasis on the latter.

Nobody would have a problem if Wolverine had pulled his Schism drama fit at a better time. Nothing wrong with the intent. Heck, it's pretty much Cyclops' endgame, as per AvX. It's the godawful timing and pack mentality that are utterly baffling.

Pack mentality? He doesn't even believe in his own community.

It was good. Nothing spectacular, but good.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiolino View Post
    Pack mentality? He doesn't even believe in his own community.
    The choice of word was intentional. Wolverine went emo/crazy over slaying his pack. Now he believes in protecting another incarnation of pack, aka the JGI staff and students.

Remender pretty much nailed it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by stillanerd View Post
    Let me ask you a simple question: did Cyclops espouse the rhetoric of mutant superiority or ANYTHING along the same lines from the scans I did post prior to Utopia? If the answer is no, then what caused him to changed his mind?
    lol i'm not sure how many ways i can tell you that i don't care what you think about Cyclops. Now, where are the scans showing that Utopia encouraged Mutant superiority over humans?

Quote Originally Posted by thirdfalcon View Post
    Are you even reading what he's posting? Cyclops took it upon himself to shape the world how he thought it should be, and your saying he doesn't see himself as morally superior?
    Are you reading what i'm posting?

Quote Originally Posted by pepper View Post
    I ♥ u so much stillanerd. You keep fightin' the good fight!
    lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by Home made ectoplasm View Post
    I think he's banned from the Avengers board.
    This is amazing. I hope he doesn't get banned from here for a little while yet.

Your intellectual savior thirdfalcon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Optic Rage View Post
    Are you reading what i'm posting?
    Yes you are attacking a very specific part of his overall point, and demanding evidence that you know would be a pain in the ass to get and wouldn't change anything if he does get because you'll just say it doesn't prove anything whatever it is. Maybe he was off a bit on how far Cyclops had gone up until AVX, but he had certainly been going in that direction since he started X-force.

You could try to be productive about it, but you'd rather be antagonistic because stillanerd is threatening your personal version Cyclops's character arc that isn't supported by the books or anyone at Marvel.

BANNED

Yes you are attacking a very specific part of his overall point, and demanding evidence that you know would be a pain in the ass to get and wouldn't change anything if he does get because you'll just say it doesn't prove anything whatever it is. Maybe he was off a bit on how far Cyclops had gone up until AVX, but he had certainly been going in that direction since he started X-force.

You could try to be productive about it, but you'd rather be antagonistic because stillanerd is threatening your personal version Cyclops's character arc that isn't supported by the books or anyone at Marvel.
    Nice try but no. I don't care about Stillanerd's opinions on Cyclops(lol why would i?). I caught a part of his post that was blatant BS and i'm just waiting for him to try and back it up.

Yes you are attacking a very specific part of his overall point, and demanding evidence that you know would be a pain in the ass to get
    That would be because there isn't any.