Page 35 of 56 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637383945 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    That is probably one of the main reasons why the writers felt they needed to be broken up. As her affiliation and position in the X-Men was because they needed her powers, money and the fact that she was dating Cyclops. She'll at least get the chance to find her own way now. Storm had huge issues with Emma and that's partially why she left initially, that and she felt that the depowered mutants in Africa needed help. When they brought Psylocke home...they were all like we brought Psylocke in chains but let the White Queen in with a standing ovation.
    Thank you. Well said

That is probably one of the main reasons why the writers felt they needed to be broken up. As her affiliation and position in the X-Men was because they needed her powers, money and the fact that she was dating Cyclops. She'll at least get the chance to find her own way now. Storm had huge issues with Emma and that's partially why she left initially, that and she felt that the depowered mutants in Africa needed help. When they brought Psylocke home...they were all like we brought Psylocke in chains but let the White Queen in with a standing ovation.
    That's why I'm totally okay and even happy now with the breakup as an Emma/Scott relationship fan. It gives Emma a good chance to shine her own.

But really, I don't think the X-Men as a whole refuse to accept her as one of them. Cyclops, Beast, Wolverine and Xavier aside, Angel, Iceman and many other like (or at least don't dislike) her; Rogue, Havok, Gambit and Polaris were willing to follow her in Milligan's X-Men run. Not to mention some of her students (who's the important part of the X-Men community and will be the X-members in the future lol). So in my opinion, some of them, say, Kitty or Storm, still consider Emma as a reformed villain who they have no choice but to work with; but there still are many other members accept her as an X-Men, a indispensable one.

But well, we'll see Emma cooperating with Avengers in Age of Ultron, without Cyclops around. Let's see how those non-X-men superheroes view her lol.
    Last edited by airdreams; 11-30-2012 at 07:50 AM.
    In dog days, all we need is Frost.

BANNED

Emma's been a hero since the 90's

Kinda love how the skull loves wanda in a way, despite his racist views.
    “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.”

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    Somebody explain to me why was Rogue kicked out of UnCanny X-Men in 2001,never to return?Even Storm and Psylocke were allowed to return to the book eventually.Why wasn't Rogue allowed to be part of Scott's inner circle in the Quaseda era?Why was Rogue "demoted to the minors" of only being in the 1991 X-Men book?How much of this was the shifting of attenton to Emma Frost?
    Well, Legacy was basically a Rogue book for what? 50 issues? That's a pretty good run. I do think she was kinda demoted so to speak to make way for other characters. I don't think it was so much, 'we don't like Rogue,' as let's use someone else for a while. Like you said, Storm was kind of sidelined for a while and she's arguably one of Marvel's most popular female characters.
    Check out my webcomic:
    Rival Angels
    The #1 Wrestling Webcomic
    CHECK OUT MY KICKSTARTER

Quote Originally Posted by albone View Post
    Well, Legacy was basically a Rogue book for what? 50 issues? That's a pretty good run. I do think she was kinda demoted so to speak to make way for other characters. I don't think it was so much, 'we don't like Rogue,' as let's use someone else for a while. Like you said, Storm was kind of sidelined for a while and she's arguably one of Marvel's most popular female characters.
    Yeah, I think Rogue actually got the better end of that.

The main X-Men books for the bulk of that era were frankly just the Scott and Emma book. With 200 mutants running around, it almost understandable that the majority of the X-Men were frankly reduced to just wall paper. But Rogue got a LOT of spotlight in books where she was essentially the main character. Like you said, Legacy might as well have been renamed Rogue.

Quote Originally Posted by SayOcean View Post
    Bleh, what villain hasn't been turned into a hero since the 90's? Mystique, Sabertooth, MAGNETO, Black Cat, Juggernaut, Deadpool, Venom take your pick. Skull, Doom and Sinister are still villains because of how over the top bad they are. The only thing they're missing is a sack of kittens to dangle out of a window.

But I digress. XD
    Check out my webcomic:
    Rival Angels
    CHECK OUT MY KICKSTARTER

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    Somebody explain to me why was Rogue kicked out of UnCanny X-Men in 2001,never to return?Even Storm and Psylocke were allowed to return to the book eventually.Why wasn't Rogue allowed to be part of Scott's inner circle in the Quaseda era?Why was Rogue "demoted to the minors" of only being in the 1991 X-Men book?How much of this was the shifting of attenton to Emma Frost?
    Blame Morrison.

He really liked Emma, for obvious reasons. Once other writers saw how well Emma's "British Bitch Goddess persona" went over
    that became the new flavor instead of Rogue's "Dixie Superwoman" bit.

In story it was about A)Emma being Cyke's woman and B) being both on of the few Xmen
    (other than Xavier or Beast) actually qualified to teach anything to anybody and was rich on top of it.

So Emma went from being head of the Massachusetts Academy in Generation X to being a core group MVP.

BANNED

Why would the X-men invite Wanda to the funeral?

THAT is crazy.....it'd be like someone inviting an avenger's fan to anything remotely fun

THAT is crazy.....it'd be like someone inviting an avenger's fan to anything remotely fun
    Your attempts at humor have been seriously underminded by your lack of being funny. But continue with your efforts as that is more amusing than anything. Carry on good sir.

Deadpan at it's best.
    We Want You! Join Us At CBR:Age of Marvels!

CBB. We March Thru Your Thread With A Million MoFos.

Dude, seriously...broken record. Move on.
    Check out my webcomic:
    Rival Angels
    CHECK OUT MY KICKSTARTER

It was stated in X-Men: Deadly Genesis by Ed Brubaker. Wanda wanted to punish Xavier to make him feel what it's really like to be a "cripple". So, she took away his telepathy but gave him his legs back.
    I read that series, but somehow I must've missed that. Thank you for bringing me up to speed on that fact. That falls in line with what I remember Wanda said in Children's Crusade about wanting others to know what it's like to feel loss in order for them to have somewhat of an idea what it was like. I interpret her actions with the info you have given me as punishment also by taking away his telepathy. I'm going to go a step further by saying that somewhere in all that pain and anger she had towards Xavier, there was love for him also. IMO that love was in the form of restoring his ability to walk again. After all, she could have been just cold-blooded by taking away his telepathy and leaving him crippled. She took something important (telepathy) away from him, but she also gave him something (the ability to walk again) back.

Some body brought up that Wanda could have been invited to Charles funreal who would invite her to the funeral

Quote Originally Posted by mikekerrIII View Post
    No "or" is involved.
    hahaha, Question for you mikekerrIII

Does Wanda want to serve the eternal reich, like she said in this comic?
    "Calm down, call Batman." - Greg Capullo

BANNED

Emma's always been a tough sell as a top A lister female with Storm running around. Especially when it seemed they got Storm out of the books to push Emma like she was the top X-female going. It just never made sense. She's not as smart or as competent a leader as Storm. Never has been. Never was. She can be petty and offended easily...as most women who live as villains for years often end up as. Alot of X-females got depushed to make way for Emma...Polaris, Rogue, Kitty, Storm, and first Psylocke.