Page 14 of 56 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DeadXMan View Post
    expect there have been cases of heroes breaking from thier control and talking back ( AKA resisting) otherwise The X-men would be at the mercey of Mastermind and mesmorio for a few decades now.
    Neither of those guys are telepaths or as powerful as Charles Xavier. And Wanda has never been shown to have any particular psychic defenses, which is comprehensible since the Avengers don't face off psychics nearly as often as the X-Men. Besides from a narrative point of view Wanda is at no point shown fighting back or resisting any mind-control whatsoever. So either it's not there or she just became incredibly skilled in psychic wars over the course of one issue. You chose.
    X-Poster of the Month: March (and February) 2014

who wouldn't want to be a pretty slut vs an ugly forever ?
    ~~ forgotten poster

Quote Originally Posted by Eric2 View Post
    Oh, my...look at what you just typed. You are talking about telepathy like it's a real thing!

Does Skill trump power? Really? Like, there's been tests and stuff?

Is your telepathic backwash question actually a real question?

Let me help you: Telepathy, just as any other power, functions exactly how the writer at the time wants it to. No more, no less.

Yeesh.
    No how about I help you. The X-Universe is Marvels telepathic hub. There are actual rules to it, unlike Marvel Magic. Chalk it up to better writers.

And yes it is a valid question.

Last edited by ExodusCloak; 11-29-2012 at 07:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by EXCELSIOR 2.0 View Post
    So the guy with the red skull like features who is a known super nazi bigot with the abilities of the most powerful telepathic mutant on the planet had nothing to do with people randomly murdering their nearest and dearest in cold blood? I...can't even argue anymore past that.
    People and Cops in the MU have been murdering mutants for no good reason since the 60's it is the norm.
    Pain shared is divided, joy shared is multiplied

Quote Originally Posted by Maddiemark View Post
    The X boards and their weird perception of Wanda is hilarious. As if Bendis' character assassination attempt is untouchable and shes the worst mutant in history even though she is the only one that was able to bring mutants back in the end.
    Hope brought them back not the lunatic witch, and the Witch tried to talk Hope out of accepting the power that made it possible

Quote Originally Posted by Daesim View Post
    Would it be something if the underlying reason for this intolerance towards the Scarlett Witch was based upon her being a woman? I can't help but think that if it was a male character who did it, we'd be calling him the greatest X-villain of all time...
    I will agreee Wanda is one of the greatest x-villains of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by maximoffimpact View Post
    4) I have never read this being mentioned, but though Wanda took away Xavier's telepathy, she did give him the ability to walk again. I was surprised to not read something so significant as his walking again was not credited to her.
    It was stated in X-Men: Deadly Genesis by Ed Brubaker. Wanda wanted to punish Xavier to make him feel what it's really like to be a "cripple". So, she took away his telepathy but gave him his legs back.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadXMan View Post
    Same here.

Chuck died from I am guessing a stroke by Scott and how long the brain was without oxygen. I'm betting it is no where near the best use by date....
    LOL, it would have been a puddle of goop long before the Skull got to it, Brains rot FAST.

Quote Originally Posted by USERNAME TAKEN View Post
    Hold on a sec..

Are people actually saying that Wanda wasn't mind controlled?

That's amazing.
    He wasn't mind controlling her in the sense that he was controlling her every movement or word though. He did what Exodus did to the Genoshians in Bloodties. He used emotions that were already there and amplified/brought them to the forefront. Or that is at least what is implied from their conversation. The stuff she spouted at Rogue were probably things she was thinking when she got punched in the first issue.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by mikekerrIII View Post
    I will agreee Wanda is one of the greatest x-villains of all time.
    Not to mention the prettiest!

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    He wasn't mind controlling her in the sense that he was controlling her every movement or word though. He did what Exodus did to the Genoshians in Bloodties. He used emotions that were already there and amplified/brought them to the forefront. Or that is at least what is implied from their conversation. The stuff she spouted at Rogue were probably things she was thinking when she got punched in the first issue.
    How people can't see that I don't get. I actually like Remender's take on Wanda and can't wait for the moment she'll confront her issues head-on.
    X-Poster of the Month: March (and February) 2014

who wouldn't want to be a pretty slut vs an ugly forever ?
    ~~ forgotten poster

Quote Originally Posted by sweetdumbass View Post
    Neither of those guys are telepaths or as powerful as Charles Xavier. And Wanda has never been shown to have any particular psychic defenses, which is comprehensible since the Avengers don't face off psychics nearly as often as the X-Men. Besides from a narrative point of view Wanda is at no point shown fighting back or resisting any mind-control whatsoever. So either it's not there or she just became incredibly skilled in psychic wars over the course of one issue. You chose.
    Of course, we're not exactly talking about Charles Xavier here. We're talking about the Red Skull.

I think it's very possible even with Xaviers power level, Skull after wielding Chucks power for an hour and a half might not be quite as capable as Xavier, who has decades worth of experience wielding his power. So even if it's theoretically impossible to break free of Xavier mind controlling someone, I don't think it necessarily means that the same is true of Red Skull even when using Xaviers brain. There are different variables in play there.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    To me at least, arguing that this isn't "mind control" is kind of splitting hairs.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    To me at least, arguing that this isn't "mind control" is kind of splitting hairs.
    That's fair enough. In a sense all telepathy is a type of mind control if you want to put it that way.

Rewiring someones brain chemistry to induce orgasms.

Boostrapping brain chemistry.

Neutralizing neural receptors. (The Red skull didn't have to give Wanda painkillers if he had Xavier's full powerset. It also explains why he hasn't had any problems with hearing the entire worlds thoughts.)

But there is a clear difference between being made into someones puppet and what he did in the issue. Those feelings were there to begin with in some shape or form, and Wanda will probably acknowledge that after this whole debacle. It might also explain why he didn't just neutralize Rogue with telepathy.
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 11-29-2012 at 08:56 AM.

I thought this was a great 2nd issue. It wasn't perfect but it definitely left me wanting more. Thor's decision to bridge the gap b/t mutants and humans now seems absurd after all the things he has overlooked, but we can chalk that up to him being terrified of Emma Frost now. Red Skull's new powers and the way he got them are terrifying, although the powers for mutants lie in the gene's not certain body parts. Still I give this issue a 8.5/10.
    1) Find a bad guy
    2) Be Wolverine
    Bring Back Ultimate Wolverine...again!

Veteran Member

How resistant to telepathy is Rogue? I know back in the 1980's,Rogue was very resistant.Also Prof Xavier taught his students to have psionic defenses.In UXM#219,it was revealed that Psylocke tried to wipe out Alex's short term memory and failed:
    Storm:You said he wouldn't remember.
    Psylocke:He shouldn't have--but I also warned you,Storm,That Professor Xavier taught his students most effective psionic defenses.To edit Havok's memories more completely would have risked causing permanent damage.