Page 8 of 56 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    maybe if she had spent more time around the mutants when xavier was alive and less time turning her nose up at them, xavier might have had the chance to teach her some standard psychic defenses. the same training he gave all his students for these very situations.
    Against Xavier's mind.

Because that's what it comes down to, Johann's mainlining the most powerful telepathic mind this side of Moondragon. So unless you're saying Xavier was a pushover telepath, and was teaching people how to resist him, the argument all falls apart. Which won't stop you from saying it again, but OK.
    The Punisher: Iím going to cauterize your rectum, sealing it shut, so when you turn those delicious Pink Pantsô Fruit Pies into waste products the bilirubin in your feces will leach into your bloodstream and youíll die screaming! And Iíll watch while having sex with this grateful prostitute!

Trussed-Up Hooker: Blueberry are my favorite!

In other words, what StoneGold said.
    -Expletive Deleted

Check out my travel site, Geekations.com

Quote Originally Posted by Home made ectoplasm View Post
    Why do people think Wanda was being mind controlled?
    Because of the middle of the book where the Skull has his fingertips on his temple with circular lines radiating outward as he's thought talking that Wanda's going to do what he wants her to do? And then the part at the end of the book where she suddenly snaps out of it?
    The Punisher: Iím going to cauterize your rectum, sealing it shut, so when you turn those delicious Pink Pantsô Fruit Pies into waste products the bilirubin in your feces will leach into your bloodstream and youíll die screaming! And Iíll watch while having sex with this grateful prostitute!

-Expletive Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by DeadXMan View Post
    Mr. Pot, stop calling me "black".
    Webster's dictionary says offence is spelled with a "c". My real issue with your post is that you didn't even know who writes the series you're commenting on.

Quote Originally Posted by StoneGold View Post
    Because of the middle of the book where the Skull has his fingertips on his temple with circular lines radiating outward as he's thought talking that Wanda's going to do what he wants her to do? And then the part at the end of the book where she suddenly snaps out of it?
    Don't hurt trying to explain what can clearly be seen to these, guys who will see what they want to see.
    Animals sense weakness, sharks smell blood in water
    Ishmael, Moses and Job, knew the divine order.

Yeah it is basiclly there if you've read it the book.
    Cyclops ad portas

Quote Originally Posted by tingray View Post
    Webster's dictionary says offence is spelled with a "c". My real issue with your post is that you didn't even know who writes the series you're commenting on.
    http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/offense

This might be on which side of the pond you are on.

And you stay up for 20 hrs and see if yiu remember who wrote the book. Anyway, If you have nothing constructive to this thread that isn't part of the Grammer Reich, please leave and place me on "ignore"
    Last edited by DeadXMan; 11-28-2012 at 04:08 PM.
    Cyclops ad portas

Hahaha! I knew this was going to cause a sh*tstorm as soon as I read it.

Great issue, though! I can't believe it's to be near two monts until issue #3. :/
    Freedom is merely the ability to live without fear of persecution.

Against Xavier's mind.

Because that's what it comes down to, Johann's mainlining the most powerful telepathic mind this side of Moondragon. So unless you're saying Xavier was a pushover telepath, and was teaching people how to resist him, the argument all falls apart. Which won't stop you from saying it again, but OK.
    Exactly. And what you described Rememder and Cassady make plain as day in this issue and can't really be interpreted in any other way.
    --Mike McNulty, aka Stillanerd

Blog: Yes, I Am STILL a Nerd!

Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton

Never mind, was already said.

-Expletive Deleted

I hope this help with the word problem.

Offence vs. offense. Offense is the preferred spelling in American English, and offence is preferred everywhere else.
    Animals sense weakness, sharks smell blood in water
    Ishmael, Moses and Job, knew the divine order.

anyone seen this yet? it's a scene from UA # 3, that Tom B posted on his twitter here https://twitter.com/TomBrevoort/stat...482752/photo/1

Quote Originally Posted by ImmortalIronFist View Post
    That's not true, he uses them to turn Wanda to his side in the middle of the issue, that's why she was going to help him.
    She has already tried to do what he wants of her own volition. She doesn't need any harsh urging to murder mutants
    Pain shared is divided, joy shared is multiplied

I sort of felt like there were two comics here.

The first half seemed really self-serving to me. The guy hugging Havok? I think I actually rolled my eyes at that. Probably didn't help that it was the characters I was least interested in either. Oh, and how bad is Captain America's new costume? Even Cassaday's version of him looked bad. The broadcast and killings afterward were fairly chilling and effective, though, I thought.

The stuff over at Johann Schmidt's School for Gifted Human Youth, on the other hand, seemed pretty solid. I admit I would've liked a better showing from Wanda, but having her resist Professor X's telepathy is probably too much to ask. (And it was clear she was being controlled, though as I suspected some people are going to pretend that wasn't what happened.) Not sure I liked the power exposition when she goes after Rogue, but I still just want to see Wanda in action as a hero. And a clear indication that Remender understands what her powers are and that they're not just a big plot device.

I thought Remender did a good job giving us some background on the new villains, in terms of personality, powers and history.

His linking of the characters -- maybe because it was just Rogue and Wanda, who actually have an easy link -- felt far more natural in the second half than the labored linkings in the first half.

I enjoyed it. Still not sure if I'll be on for the long haul, but I'll get issue 3 (whenever it comes out).

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    why is wanda's mind so easy to control? this is why she shouldn't be an active avenger.
    Perhaps because she'd been drugged, as the book made clear?

Quote Originally Posted by Maddiemark View Post
    Magneto is a name of strength and respect to mutants. LOL@him giving mutants a bad name. That's not how 16 million mutants who were prosecuted and left to fend for themselves with no protection from the X families felt.
    The humans murdering mutants in this book give good evidence that Magento was right along with Scott.
    Pain shared is divided, joy shared is multiplied

I feel like only 50% of the people on here who read it understood what was going on.