Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Challenger of the Unknown Kirika's Avatar

Default Who can make Alexander Anderson, Heinkel Wolfe and Yumie Takagi stop being fanatics

Who can talk some sense into them? Seriously, Anderson and those two are too nuts for it to be a good thing. They're good, but they need to be more tolerant of other beliefs and practices.
    Last edited by Kirika; 11-28-2012 at 07:27 AM.

Ten minutes talking to Haruhi Suzumiya. There. Done. Upon learning that there's Goddessess out there like her, its gonna be apostasy city.
    "Our cash flow is as if a profligate son keeps borrowing money to spend on Geisha, which is why we don’t have a choice not to enjoy the race." ~DOME CO. LTD, on their 2012 LeMans effort...

Quote Originally Posted by T51R View Post
    Ten minutes talking to Haruhi Suzumiya. There. Done. Upon learning that there's Goddessess out there like her, its gonna be apostasy city.
    I see your point. How do you think Integra, Seras or Alucard would react in their place?

Quote Originally Posted by Kirika View Post
    I see your point. How do you think Integra, Seras or Alucard would react in their place?
    To Haruhi? A mix of sharp disbelief, fear and hysteria. Alucard would probably find it deliciously funny and probably say something along the lines of "So, you were right, Major. Only a God as mad as us would allow this world to exist."

It would be even worse if they went into Hyperdimension Neptunia and met the CPU Goddesses. They'd definitely go atheist after dealing that level of insanity.

As for who can break Iscariot out of their fanaticism, Spawn. He's actually met the Christian God and Jesus. It'll probably break their minds that the God they worship isn't their actual creator, that His angels don't give a legitimate crap about humanity other than how to use them to perpetuate their ongoing war with Hell, or that Jesus isn't His Son (or even male for that matter). In fact, God and Satan are both Her children. And brothers. That infodump would break their minds.

No, none of that would.

The thing about fanatics, or rather fanatics who run on Anderson's particular logic, is that they don't deny that there are things more powerful than them out there.

Yes, Haruhi is powerful enough to pass as a god in comparison to them. Yes, Spawn's version of God is fake.

But that isn't Anderson's God. His God is absolute and all powerful. So bringing another powerful being and showing it to him and going "Where is your God now?!" would just result in him shrugging and noting that those things don't match the criteria to be his God and are thus obviously fakes meant to shake his faith as part of God's scenario which he can't comprehend.
    Now, he'd probably be horrified and/or hilariously offended, but I seriously doubt it would break his fanatism.
    Suffering is a fact of life. You survive if you find a reason to endure it.

Veteran Membah Forgotten Entity's Avatar

Don't know if it would be enough, but I'd love to see how they'd react to Family Guy's version of God and Jesus.

Belldandy?
    Won 6 Awesome Awards, 2Cool awards, 2 internets, a Raging storm and funniest video award
    My RPG Site!

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Belldandy?
    This is something that interests me too, in some ways she'd come off more as an angel to somw, what do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    But that isn't Anderson's God. His God is absolute and all powerful. So bringing another powerful being and showing it to him and going "Where is your God now?!" would just result in him shrugging and noting that those things don't match the criteria to be his God and are thus obviously fakes meant to shake his faith as part of God's scenario which he can't comprehend.
    SO, bring him to the top of a mountain and show him a crap ton of different worlds and universes. Where a voice tells him that he's entertaining, and that if he continues to be entertaining, then he may go and "play" in all those different places. Of course, his answer would be "Get behind me, Satan!"

To which the voice replies "...huh? Who's that, if they are as entertaining as you are introduce them to me quickly!"

Anderson realizes he's standing on a boob bigger than a multiverse, and that there's a giant blonde chick looking down at him.

"I am the Golden Sea of Chaos, Darkness beyond Blackest Pitch. I'm your friendly neighbourhood Lord of Nightmares...and I am bored."

*cue ten thousand regenerating, respawning Naga's*

"This is your Holy Army. Now go, and entertain me!"

"Our cash flow is as if a profligate son keeps borrowing money to spend on Geisha, which is why we don’t have a choice not to enjoy the race." ~DOME CO. LTD, on their 2012 LeMans effort...

SO, bring him to the top of a mountain and show him a crap ton of different worlds and universes. Where a voice tells him that he's entertaining, and that if he continues to be entertaining, then he may go and "play" in all those different places. Of course, his answer would be "Get behind me, Satan!"

To which the voice replies "...huh? Who's that, if they are as entertaining as you are introduce them to me quickly!"

Anderson realizes he's standing on a boob bigger than a multiverse, and that there's a giant blonde chick looking down at him.

"I am the Golden Sea of Chaos, Darkness beyond Blackest Pitch. I'm your friendly neighbourhood Lord of Nightmares...and I am bored."

*cue ten thousand regenerating, respawning Naga's*

"This is your Holy Army. Now go, and entertain me!"

We need to make a fanfic out of this, seriously!

Omnidisciplinary Nerd

i think naruto could pull it off

Quote Originally Posted by 1505627 View Post
    i think naruto could pull it off
    You think sending a person with a demon literally sealed inside of themselves will convince them of anything other than the fact that he needs to die?
    ~Please allow me to introduce myself, I'm a man of wealth and taste. I've been around for a long, long, year, stole many a man's soul and faith.

So if you meet me, have some courtesy, have some sympathy, and some taste. Use all your well-learned politesse, or I'll lay your soul to waste.

I made Miburo cry on his birthday.

Reached Demon-God Status

My Cat Is Afraid of the Vacuum Cleaner

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Chrosis--you are a GOD!:D
    Quote Originally Posted by Stretch Dude View Post
    Curses! CURRRRSEEEEESSSS!!!

Omnidisciplinary Nerd

Quote Originally Posted by Chrosis View Post
    You think sending a person with a demon literally sealed inside of themselves will convince them of anything other than the fact that he needs to die?
    He has experience converting fanatics XD. plus, it's not like they actually could kill him. also, japanese demons are more like fairies anyway

Three lobotomies.

Jesse Custer with The Word.