Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Moriarty View Post
    between this and A+X #2 it looks like someone at Marvel was reading early Kitty appearances...or simply remembered how smart she is.
    PAD and Bendis just read the classics.

Quote Originally Posted by ariwl1 View Post
    And based on this issue he couldn't stop them if he wanted to.
    Reminded me of times when First Hope arrived and acted Post SC into GH, scott didn't have control over her.

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    this was really spectacular. there is so much going on in this book. young beast is appalled at old beast's behavior. jean grey thinks wolverine is repulsive, kitty is actually doing something useful for a change. great work bendis.
    I totally agree. What an amazing read. I got to the end and went "noooo" -- I want to read more. A perfect blend of drama and humor. The art is beautiful. I really like how fast Jean Grey caught on to her telepathy -- this wasn't drawn-out or milked for effect. The mark of an excellent, experienced writer. Special kudos for putting Logan to sleep in the middle of the floor. I also like how Bendis is not -- as a writer -- taking sides, or so it seems to me, regarding the stupidity or brilliance of bringing the O5 back from the past. Crazy "blue Beast" presents his argument, and Jean lets us know, Logan agrees with him. But some of us readers can think, along with some of the characters, *What a stupid idea.* We don't presume Revolutionary Scott is going to "cause" the mutant apocalypse, but rather, stop it. And what can "young Scott" do to change his mind? It may be, that editorially, Marvel will eventually reset the X-Men back to boring, kiddy-vid status quo. But I hope that never happens, and Revolutionary Scott and the E-Team go on for many years to come.

BANNED

I missed Team Cyclops this issue.

But I like how Jean is portrayed as a little telepathically retarded, but with the telepathic potential of a telepathic Rain Man--Phoenix Savant syndrome. In some ways like nuAngel--but obv. pretty different.

And I love her hair.

Looks like young Bobby will come out of the closet and throw a wrench in secret homophobe Kitty Pryde's romance.

Quote Originally Posted by taylor51 View Post
    Nothing against you, but I'm calling bs. His Ultimate Kitty is a cocky, angry-at-the-world bad @$$ of a teenage girl, not a mild mannered, intelligent woman with a commanding leadership presence (this came later under Spencer/Wood) who is smart enough to hack computer systems and take over the hospital wing when Beast goes down. He's writing a pitch perfect 616 Kitty so far.
    I agree completely.

This didn't read like a Bendis comic. It felt full. Satisfying.
    Favorites: Jean Grey, Storm, The Wolverine, The Iceman, The Beast, The Rogue, Kid Omega, Oya, Broo, Kid Gladiator, Mags, Pryde
    The Diary of a Supa-Cool Nerd!

After rereading this I noticed Logan referring to Jean as if she is familiar with him. "Jean, you know that mind stuff doesn't work on..." Creepy doesn't begin to describe it.

Also young Beast refers to an expert they've called in to help Beast. Is Peter Parker joining the faculty now that he's no longer being Spider-Man and working for the FF?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiolino View Post
    After rereading this I noticed Logan referring to Jean as if she is familiar with him. "Jean, you know that mind stuff doesn't work on..." Creepy doesn't begin to describe it.

Also young Beast refers to an expert they've called in to help Beast. Is Peter Parker joining the faculty now that he's no longer being Spider-Man and working for the FF?
    They did call Horizon. But that would mean giving Doc Ock access to Beast's future mutation. Octo-Beast.

In a couple of months watch when people say in Bendis we trust

Quote Originally Posted by stussyjones View Post
    In a couple of months watch when people say in Bendis we trust
    People are fools.

True but watch

Quote Originally Posted by Rivka View Post
    I totally agree. What an amazing read. I got to the end and went "noooo" -- I want to read more. A perfect blend of drama and humor. The art is beautiful. I really like how fast Jean Grey caught on to her telepathy -- this wasn't drawn-out or milked for effect. The mark of an excellent, experienced writer. Special kudos for putting Logan to sleep in the middle of the floor. I also like how Bendis is not -- as a writer -- taking sides, or so it seems to me, regarding the stupidity or brilliance of bringing the O5 back from the past. Crazy "blue Beast" presents his argument, and Jean lets us know, Logan agrees with him. But some of us readers can think, along with some of the characters, *What a stupid idea.* We don't presume Revolutionary Scott is going to "cause" the mutant apocalypse, but rather, stop it. And what can "young Scott" do to change his mind? It may be, that editorially, Marvel will eventually reset the X-Men back to boring, kiddy-vid status quo. But I hope that never happens, and Revolutionary Scott and the E-Team go on for many years to come.
    But that's the irony here. Is Cyclops trying to prevent a mutant apocalypse from taking place? Absolutely. However, from Beast's point of view, the way Cyclops is going about doing this only serves to hasten the very thing Cyclops is trying to prevent. Cyclops' being more militant and aggressive in protecting mutants from humans and his revolutionary rhetoric in espousing the superiority of mutants while doing so only serves to fan the flames of the very fear, prejudice, and hatred they're trying to protect their fellow mutants from.
    Blog: Yes, I Am STILL a Nerd!

Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton

Quote Originally Posted by godzilla2099 View Post
    Overall, a good issue.

Man, Wolverine is so pathetic. He took the term butt hurt to a whole new level.

Why the hell is he so pissed at Scott? His plan saved the mutants! If Logan's stupid ass had his way Hope would be dead, mutants would die out, and the Earth probably would have been turned into guacamole

Yes all scott did was subjugate the earth to his mad whims, killed the professor and escaped into the night leaving a trail of broken bodies that had no part in the "conspiracy" in his mind.
    Cyclops ad portas

Sounds like Scott did some awesome things

Quote Originally Posted by fod_xp View Post
    Abby is helping Scott out because she knows how much he really means to Henry. I am certain the real reason Henry time traveled to seek help from the O5 was a last ditch hail mary to try an end the X-Men Schism and get his friend (Scott) back. Not that it was a particularly good idea, but this fits the needs of Bendis' scripting to incorporate the young O5 into Marvel NOW!
    No, she helps Scott out because she thinks he's right.

Her stance on the mutant issue has very little to do with Hank's friendship with Scott.