Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Why is that funny? Waid's Indestructible Hulk pretty much hit the ground running.
    It's still introducing the Hulk to SHIELD.

I wanna hear you scream Kevinroc's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    It's still introducing the Hulk to SHIELD.
    Well, sure. But everything Waid said was the set-up for the book, we got. And we still got some action.

Even Bendis's All-New X-Men #1 moved at a faster pace than this comic.

(Hickman's Avengers is the one I really expect will hit the ground running.)
    The monster saved them all. And in their fear, they betrayed him. As they always have. As they always will.

My Facebook page

Chaotically Neutral Monty_Cristo's Avatar

Why is that funny? Waid's Indestructible Hulk pretty much hit the ground running.
    that's because it is a book about an engine of destruction. the hulk audience like Hulk because he hits things. i read indestructible hulk. there was a considerably detailed diner scene at the start of it. the action was only a few pages and not all that exciting. i actually prefered Banner explaining the change in his own m.o. anyways, Fraction did exactly what he was supposed to do. he's easing the audience into this because (as advertised) things are about to get crazy. the Fantastic Four aren't returning in 4 minutes. and now every one of their foes is going to spring out of the woodwork; looking to loot the Baxter Building and make a name for themselves. you don't have to like the book. but i think "hitting the ground running" would have been a mistake with characters such as these.
    60% percent of the time, Ant-Man beats Doom every time

Quote Originally Posted by Monty_Cristo View Post
    that's because it is a book about an engine of destruction. the hulk audience like Hulk because he hits things. i read indestructible hulk. there was a considerably detailed diner scene at the start of it. the action was only a few pages and not all that exciting. i actually prefered Banner explaining the change in his own m.o. anyways, Fraction did exactly what he was supposed to do. he's easing the audience into this because (as advertised) things are about to get crazy. the Fantastic Four aren't returning in 4 minutes. and now every one of their foes is going to spring out of the woodwork; looking to loot the Baxter Building and make a name for themselves. you don't have to like the book. but i think "hitting the ground running" would have been a mistake with characters such as these.
    I think it would have worked a bit better if the interview portions had been scattered across multiple issues. Really do it the way The Office or Parks & Recreation does it. That way we don't get introduced to everyone at once and we can start to have things actually happen in the comic.
    The monster saved them all. And in their fear, they betrayed him. As they always have. As they always will.

My Facebook page

Quote Originally Posted by JessieMidnight View Post
    I like the art, and I like the way Allred draws She-Hulk lol. I'm interested to see what classic FF villains come after the new team. That should be fun.
    She-Hulk was actually the only issue I had with the art. I thought her upper body was WAY too muscular, like a 'roided out body builder. Other than that, Allred's art was definitely the highlight of #1 for me.
    604comics | vancouver, canada
    comics, please! http://comicsplease.wordpress.com
    My YouTube! http://bit.ly/TsoyyN

I'm not caught up on Hickman's run, but I do plan to get caught up on it after the digiital prices drop (especially for #600, I'm not paying $8, that's lunacy) should I wait until I'm caught up or just start FF 1? Is there much in the way of spoilers other than Johnny being alive and well again?

BANNED

Well, sure. But everything Waid said was the set-up for the book, we got. And we still got some action.

Even Bendis's All-New X-Men #1 moved at a faster pace than this comic.

(Hickman's Avengers is the one I really expect will hit the ground running.)
    Hickman is recruiting the team in issue 2.

The lava is plan B. BeastieRunner's Avatar

I hate to do this but I thought it was garbage. That's the best I can do at the moment.
    "Thus Spake Dr. Dinosaur, King of Time: Adios Morons!" -- Dr. Dinosaur

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    I hate to do this but I thought it was garbage. That's the best I can do at the moment.
    Wow? Can you say why?

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    Hickman is recruiting the team in issue 2.
    Will there be action scenes? Stuff actually happening?

My Facebook page

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    A time-displaced, Namorita who has no knowledge of the Stamford event. So she's not 616, just as Nightcrawler isn't 616.
    She may be from a little earlier in her life, but otherwise she's the 616 Nita. It's not like she had an entire different history (personal and/or universe) like Nightcrawler (he's the AOA Nightcrawler, I think? I didn't read Claw Force).

Never cared for some of his human faces but Allred's art has a charm to it I can usually enjoy.

Honest, I enjoyed this issue, it showed me that Fraction wouldn't be abandoning some of the characters I liked in the previous FF book and he knew the history of some of the characters. The only down side I have is that I dislike the recent Scott Lang as Ant-Man push and the fact that he looks to be a major character of the book. I actually enjoyed it more then Fractions Fantastic Four #1.

Chaotically Neutral Monty_Cristo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    yet you enjoy the pedestrian "storytelling" of the WWE. oh well. different strokes. :shrugs:
    60% percent of the time, Ant-Man beats Doom every time

Surprised and pleased to say that I really enjoyed this! I was dubious after being underwhelmed by Fantastic Four #1, but this clicked for me much better, and has made me more optimistic about Fraction helming the franchise. Feels like an intro issue, yes, but it's reasonable to spend a #1 issue on introductions for a cast as large as this, and it doubles as a demo that he's got characterisations in mind for all the kids, so it was still interesting as a returning reader.

Allred's art can be variable for me (sometimes I really love it, sometimes it comes off a bit too simplified like in some of the FF covers we've seen) but here it mostly comes down in the love column. Now I'm a bit sad he's not going to be handling the classic F4 more, since I really like his version of Reed.

Quote Originally Posted by 604comics View Post
    She-Hulk was actually the only issue I had with the art. I thought her upper body was WAY too muscular, like a 'roided out body builder. Other than that, Allred's art was definitely the highlight of #1 for me.
    Almost as if she were...Oh,I don't know...A Hulk, maybe? I enjoyed it and thought ALlred's She Hulk was the best part. Although I am surely biased.