Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Stall_19 View Post
    Johnny Storm ladies and gentlemen! Unknowingly asks the girl he's sleeping with to temporarily join the Fantastic Four.
    If she dies, Johnny will be the biggest douchebag ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Rimmer View Post
    During the "Childrens Crusade" mini/event with the Young Avengers, Wanda, etc...
    Yeah, it was the same event that brought back Scott Lang. Not a fair trade in my estimation, but Cassie will probably return to life at some point just like her father.

Speaking of Children's Crusade, what's Jim Cheung up to these days?

Love this it was a fun read, the art was beautiful and characters were great. I loved the "Thing" talk with Johnny and Darla, Ben and Jennifer moments and Franklin's Galactus remark made me giggle.

Chaotically Neutral Monty_Cristo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    If she dies, Johnny will be the biggest douchebag ever.
    she agreed to be johnny's girlfriend. she's already at risk.
    60% percent of the time, Ant-Man beats Doom every time

I wanna hear you scream Kevinroc's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Monty_Cristo View Post
    No, I think that's being Matt Murdock's girlfriend.
    The monster saved them all. And in their fear, they betrayed him. As they always have. As they always will.

My Facebook page

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Monty_Cristo View Post
    Which of his girlfriends are dead?

Frankie Raye and Namorita.

Chaotically Neutral Monty_Cristo's Avatar

which of his girlfriends are happy and healthy? and have you forgotten about the Psycho-Woman?
    60% percent of the time, Ant-Man beats Doom every time

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus View Post
    Frankie Raye and Namorita.
    Namorita is alive again.

I initially had some pretty strong reservations about Fraction taking over the reigns of Marvel's first family, but I have to admit I'm really enjoying what I've seen and read so far. If he manages to keep bringing his A game to both titles, then count me in for the long haul. Fingers crossed.

On a side note, I've been very much impressed with Marvel NOW (e.g., Aaron's Thor, Bendis' All-New Xmen) in general. In my opinion, DC's similar effort to rejuvenate their line of comics doesn't even come close (excluding the Batbooks, which remain top quality). Go Marvel!

Quote Originally Posted by Rimmer View Post
    Can someone (feel free to put spoiler tags around it if necessary) explain how Darla's "Thing suit" works? Did they talk about that at all? I'm guessing it's something Reed whipped up? Curious about that piece the most for some reason.
    Reed made it for Ben when he was human for awhile so that he could still be The Thing. This was during the Englehart run(?) and continued into the Simonson run.
    All-Star Western, Casanova, Criminal, Daredevil, Dark Horse Presents, Funnies, Hellboy/BPRD, King City, Orc Stain, Snarked, Unwritten, Usagi Yojimbo

Quote Originally Posted by Global Honored View Post
    Really dug this debut.
    Fraction gave the characters personality, individuality and a sense of wonder, fun. He nailed it and Im relieved. Set things in motion and still very much works off what Hickman built and feels comfortably FF-like. And Allred's art is top notch as always. Love his Shulkie!

I'd recommend picking up FF #1.

Better than F4 #1? Yeah, I would agree.
    Agreed. Well said.

I thought it was OK. I'm not a big FF guy -- I think the only time I ever actually collected the World's Greatest Comic was the McDuffie run -- but I wanted to get this for Shulkie.

I thought Fraction did a good job introducing everyone (OK, maybe not Val and Franklin, but I'm aware enough of them that it didn't matter) since I had no idea who most of Hickman's characters were.

I would've liked to see more Shulkie, but I thought he had a good grasp on her character, which pleased me. I realize Fraction's dealing with Scott's grief, but I found it a bit tedious reading his character moments. Just seemed far more downbeat than the Shulkie/Thing stuff, especially. Maybe that's in part because he was paired with Reed, who I find tedious at the best of times. Hopefully he'll become more interesting in later issues.

Not a huge Allred fan, and nothing in this made me think I want to read about Miss Thing -- who's got a horrible character design -- but hopefully she won't be too distracting.

Not sure yet whether I'll be in for the long haul, but it was good enough that I'll get issue 2.

Namorita is alive again.

Really? Cool, I liked her in New Warriors. Whend did that happen? Is she appearing anywhere regularily?

Who are the new four members?

I don't know how Johnny Storm can be in bed with a female after being torn to shreds day after day in the Negative Zone and being brought back to life ad nauseum. That guy should be this beast with spikes sticking out of his body, and an attitude, that would make the Hulk shrink. So maybe Fraction missed that part where Johnny died over and over again huh? Or was that supposed to be a joke and we were supposed the have a laugh at the absurdity of a teenaged himbo going through a cartoony 4th wall silliness?
    Visited NY and DC and saw Spider-Man Turn off the Dark.