Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Justice League Dark #14 Discussion/Spoilers

Man, who could have thought that Lemire was able to inject so much humor into this series?

This issue is entertaining superheroics as usual but with an added dosis of creepiness and wit thanks to the new cast of Black Orchid, Frankenstein and Amethyst fighting against the mysteries of, er, the House of Mystery in which they able to discover some things about the house itself and his owner of course.

Speaking of which, Constantine is still on the search of Zatanna and Tim Hunter for what they will need the help of some characters that already appeared previously and also get surprised by the sudden appearance of The Phantom stranger who drops some hints about the next event.

By the way, Constantine is totally the Batman of this group, you will learn why.

I like how barely even addressing it head on, Lemire and Justice League Dark have said MORE about Trinity War than any other book. That says something, doesn't it?

Man, they really just need to make a freaking announcement about that.

I had the strangest feeling that the supposed room, the "Rip Hunter" type setup, while implied to be Constantine's handiwork (cigarettes, trenchcoats) will actually lead to The Question (ditto on the cigarettes & trenchcoats, but this room was like 100% The Question).
    "Everything hs changed. ‘Dark’ entertainment now looks like hysterical, adolescent, ‘Zibarro’ crap." - Morrison, 2008.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Retro315 View Post
    I had the strangest feeling that the supposed room, the "Rip Hunter" type setup, while implied to be Constantine's handiwork (cigarettes, trenchcoats) will actually lead to The Question (ditto on the cigarettes & trenchcoats, but this room was like 100% The Question).
    I was reminded of the JLU Question when I saw that room, did lack the strings connecting everything however.

And we now have a name for Black Orchid.

BANNED

We need a Trenchcoat Brigade book, adding the Question this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    We need a Trenchcoat Brigade book, adding the Question this time.
    Part of me feels like the fact that Question has been tweaked to be part of a mystic, historical background and the Trinity of Sin, is kind of redundant. It's like ... if you're going to have The Question come in as this type of character (which Doctor 13, Doctor Occult and a dozen others already fill the role of) then why do you need to change Constantine's character to be this as well? Furthermore, why say, cancel Constantine's title to give him a New 52 makeover and solo when you could tell the same story with the New 52 Question who also got basically the same makeover?

But so it goes. That's just this point of time; in time certainly The Question's character-DNA and Constantine's character-DNA will delineate them to the point where there's no stepping on any toes or redundancy. But at the moment it seems like they've both been re-tailored to fill the same kind of role, and in both cases it's a case of better versions of the characters suffering for it.

C'est la vie. We won't know until we know.
    "Everything hs changed. ‘Dark’ entertainment now looks like hysterical, adolescent, ‘Zibarro’ crap." - Morrison, 2008.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Is it just me, or was there a The Shining reference in the ballroom scene? I wasn't sure until they had insect faces under there.

Disciple of En Sabah Nur Harbinger of Apocalypse's Avatar

First open reference to Trinity War! And the stuff on the wall were interesting. Project: Ascension. I wonder where or when that will get tackled but seems we got a name for Black Orchid and that she was a Private... at least, according to her file. Liked Franky wondering if the mansion's library had a poetry section.
    I am Apocalypse! Look upon the future and tremble!
    I am as far beyond Mutants as they are beyond you. I am eternal.
    Evil? I am not malevolent, I simply am!

I'm sure this has been addressed in the past but I feel like it's worth bringing up. At first when I realized that the other characters were able to see Deadman I chalked it up to them being in tune with magic or however else you'd want to phrase it. But now it's made abundantly clear that even non-magic characters such as Steve Trevor can see him. Not really sure why this change was made. I remember back at the end of "Brightest Day" when Dove was still able to hear Boston and that was a big deal and pretty neat. But now Deadman pretty much being a visible, audible ghost with possession powers, I feel takes away much of what made him special. Any thoughts?

The curious one.

I was amazed that Constantine actually cared about Z and Hunter. I'm also curious as to what Orchid found out about her self.

Justice League Dark #14

Plot:

Frankenstein, Black Orchid, and Amy decide to take a look around the House of Mystery as Constantine and rest talk with Steve Trevor. Soon, the three heroes get more than what they bargain for as they explore the place.

Our Heroes:

Okay, I think Black Orchid has become my favorite character in this series so far. I need to see more of her!

Our Villain:

None yet.

Our Side Characters:

Oh hi randomly appearing Phantom Stranger.

Action:

Death by Chandelier!

Dialogue:

Oh Deadman, don’t ever change!

Art:

Nothing special, though Frankenstein’s body seems to occasionally change.

Most Memorable Moment:

My my my Constantine, what have you been uncovering?

Final Page:

Hey, looks like we are actually building to Trinity War for once.

What We Should Take from This Comic:

John Constantine has been watching the world and its heroes as well as keeping tabs on everyone, but why?

What We Do Take From This Comic:

Show of hands, who wants a mini-arc in DC Universe Presents featuring Black Orchid?

Yay or Nay?

Yay

I'd love to see a mini-arc with Black Orchid, and with Lemire using her in upcoming Animal Man stories, I'm interested in what he has planned for her.
    X-Poster of the Month: May 2013
    The Best There Is At What I Do

Top Ten Magic Bitches

Constantine is awesome and this book is clearly one to follow.

I might be having a brain fart but who is Sunderland? It was one of the names mentioned on the board, next to all the Red/Green related stuff.

Also, Constantine can't be that great of a detective if he can't figure out who's financially backing Batman. What with Wayne publicly announcing Batman Inc. and everything...

this was pretty much my favorite book this week.

i certainly hope it will lead to The Question.