Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 22
  1. #1
    Member Red Winter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    The corner of Marvel UK & Earth 2 Northern Ireland
    Posts
    728

    Default Dean & Sam join Fringe while Pete & Olivia go Supernatural

    Imagine Sam & Dean Winchester from Supernatural join the Fringe division while Peter & Olivia Bishop from Fringe Investigate the Supernatural,who will come out in one piece?
    RedWinter
    Courage is being scared to death & still saddling up.
    Moving to the corner of Marvel UK & Earth 2

  2. #2
    DOOM DEMANDS MORE NACHOS!
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Paris
    Posts
    6,820

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Red Winter View Post
    Imagine Sam & Dean Winchester from Supernatural join the Fringe division while Peter & Olivia Bishop from Fringe Investigate the Supernatural,who will come out in one piece?
    Important question:

    Which versions of which characters? Powered Olivia? Powered Peter? Powered Sam? Powered Dean? Can Sam and Dean call Cas and/or Death?

    Peter is pretty intrinsic to the core Fringe plot - without him, there wouldn't BE a Fringe plot, or Fringe events, or anything else. Walter also wouldn't be involved, and without those two, no Fringe cases, if they happened at all, would ever get solved.

    Now, if you wanted to replace the entire continuity with the characters - Peter and Olivia are Winchesters, know Bobby, etc., Sam is Walter's kid and Dean is a cortexaphan baby, I'd give the advantage to the smarter ones. Sam's clever, but Peter's a low-end comic-book genius.

  3. #3
    Senior Member Drax1981's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Rockville, Maryland
    Posts
    2,074

    Default

    Olivia is pretty screwed up and her powers relied on her being able to process emotion. An alcoholic repressive like Dean on cortexiphan would have lightbulbs exploding all over the place, bouncing between universes like a tennis ball in an earthquake.

  4. #4
    Senior Member Stigma Rex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,262

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Important question:

    Which versions of which characters? Powered Olivia? Powered Peter? Powered Sam? Powered Dean? Can Sam and Dean call Cas and/or Death?

    Peter is pretty intrinsic to the core Fringe plot - without him, there wouldn't BE a Fringe plot, or Fringe events, or anything else. Walter also wouldn't be involved, and without those two, no Fringe cases, if they happened at all, would ever get solved.

    Now, if you wanted to replace the entire continuity with the characters - Peter and Olivia are Winchesters, know Bobby, etc., Sam is Walter's kid and Dean is a cortexaphan baby, I'd give the advantage to the smarter ones. Sam's clever, but Peter's a low-end comic-book genius.
    Not nessisarly it could be like at the start of last season where Peter was lost in time, from when he used the Machine, and the Fringe time line is one where he didn't exist. Walter still worked for them,(though he wasn't nearly as happy), and Lincoln seemed more involved with their team.

    As for the scenario, I'm not sure as I've only seen a single episode of Supernatural.
    Rumbler's League with the Team Beasts of Burden 3rd place


    My card

  5. #5
    DOOM DEMANDS MORE NACHOS!
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Paris
    Posts
    6,820

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stigma Rex View Post
    Not nessisarly it could be like at the start of last season where Peter was lost in time, from when he used the Machine, and the Fringe time line is one where he didn't exist. Walter still worked for them,(though he wasn't nearly as happy), and Lincoln seemed more involved with their team.

    As for the scenario, I'm not sure as I've only seen a single episode of Supernatural.
    The problem with that analysis is that a) that was a pretty different series, effectively and b) Peter DID still exist, and was still the cause of everything, the Invaders had just tried to wipe him out. They failed to do so, and we wound up back where we were supposed to be, more or less.

  6. #6
    Senior Member Stigma Rex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,262

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    The problem with that analysis is that a) that was a pretty different series, effectively and b) Peter DID still exist, and was still the cause of everything, the Invaders had just tried to wipe him out. They failed to do so, and we wound up back where we were supposed to be, more or less.
    Your right mostly but they still did several episodes without Peter, so its not like the universe would fall apart instantly without him. If this was a dimenson swap, then the Winchesters should be work on some cases in Fringe, while Peter and Olivia fight demons and what ever else the Winchesters do.
    Rumbler's League with the Team Beasts of Burden 3rd place


    My card

  7. #7
    Elder Member dupersuper's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    30,918

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Sam is Walter's kid and Dean is a cortexaphan baby
    There goes Emma...
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

  8. #8
    Senior Member Kuro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    4,980

    Default

    Is it just me, or have they almost completely abandoned or retconned the alternate universe, as well as the cortexaphan angle in the new season? You'd think they'd mention it, at least once..

  9. #9
    DOOM DEMANDS MORE NACHOS!
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Paris
    Posts
    6,820

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kuro View Post
    Is it just me, or have they almost completely abandoned or retconned the alternate universe, as well as the cortexaphan angle in the new season? You'd think they'd mention it, at least once..
    They mentioned, in passing, something about the cortexaphan trials in one of the first couple of episodes, but they dropped it just as quickly.

  10. #10
    Senior Member Drax1981's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Rockville, Maryland
    Posts
    2,074

    Default

    Was it someone other than Olivia or Peter who brought it up? They're working on a different set of memories than everyone else.

  11. #11
    Astral God Surtur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    26,422

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kuro View Post
    Is it just me, or have they almost completely abandoned or retconned the alternate universe, as well as the cortexaphan angle in the new season? You'd think they'd mention it, at least once..
    Personally I really haven't enjoyed a majority of the new season. It has started to pick up again once Peter spoilers:
    got the Observer powers
    end of spoilers, but overall I've been disappointed. It is a shame this being the final season, though I suppose there is still time to fix it.

    As for the alternate universe..well, it pretty much has been abandoned. It makes sense since they had to sever all ties with it and I think I recall Walter mentioning at least once this season he was afraid of becoming like the Walternate, but I could be wrong.
    Last edited by Surtur; 11-29-2012 at 08:19 AM.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

  12. #12
    DOOM DEMANDS MORE NACHOS!
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Paris
    Posts
    6,820

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drax1981 View Post
    Was it someone other than Olivia or Peter who brought it up? They're working on a different set of memories than everyone else.
    It was Olivia. I think that I deleted the episode and don't really care enough to redownload it, but there it was.

  13. #13
    DOOM DEMANDS MORE NACHOS!
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Paris
    Posts
    6,820

    Default

    You're a good person, I don't care what Siriel and Sharp say about you.*
    Last edited by big_adventure; 11-29-2012 at 12:04 PM.

  14. #14
    Astral God Surtur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    26,422

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    You kinda might want to put spoiler tags around your first paragraph. Someone who was waiting to watch the episodes could be kinda put out by the bomb you dropped there.
    Ah yeah my bad..I changed it..but my edit most likely won't effect the quote in your post so you should probably edit it.
    Last edited by Surtur; 11-29-2012 at 08:34 AM.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

  15. #15
    Senior Member Kuro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    4,980

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Surtur View Post
    Personally I really haven't enjoyed a majority of the new season. It has started to pick up again once Peter spoilers:
    got the Observer powers
    end of spoilers, but overall I've been disappointed. It is a shame this being the final season, though I suppose there is still time to fix it.

    As for the alternate universe..well, it pretty much has been abandoned. It makes sense since they had to sever all ties with it and I think I recall Walter mentioning at least once this season he was afraid of becoming like the Walternate, but I could be wrong.
    The new season is... questionable. I mean, I'm enjoying it obviously. Fringe has always had a very special place in my heart, but it seems they're completely forgetting what happened in the previous seasons. I understand this takes place years after season 4 ended, but there are some elements that make no sense.

    Why is Walter always hinging between having his a chunk of his brain and added in again? This was already dealt with in a previous season, I believe. The operation was a success. Apparently, he wanted to have it removed again, some time between then and now? And at the beginning, it was added again? Huh?

    Since when was William Bell back in the picture? Dude disappeared in season 4, IIRC. Apparently, he came back between season 4 and 5 and he conducted experiences, which apparently made him god-like with Walter. Funny. You'd think that opening a door to another universe and almost having it and his own destroyed would have taught Walter not to trifle with reality?

    It seems like they scrapped almost the entire series and basically made it so that it went from season 1 to now.

    Besides that though, I'm enjoying season 5 a lot. I thought it sucked that

    spoilers:
    Olivia and Peter's daughter died
    end of spoilers

    but I am sure there will be some time manipulation thing to fix that.. otherwise the writers would be REAL dicks for making this happen.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •