Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Status Quo Cowards Thanos Classic's Avatar

Red face Willow Roseburg Takes Harry Dresden's Place

At the start of the series Willow is swapped in for Harry. She advertises in the papers as a magic detective. The first case is with the wizard selling the mind screwing drugs. Can Bruce solve it? How long does she last in Dresden universe??? +Note the white council will be immediately sort of aware because her entry into the universe left some kind of magic mumbo jumbo trail.
    Batman should call Superman or Wonderwoman to put an end to Crime in Gotham Forever. It'd only take about 3 minutes...

Senior Member greatmetropolitan's Avatar

The Dresdenverse wizards and badguys are more likely to use guns than anyone Willow has come across. Why they never shot the vampires to hell and stabbed them while immobile is beyond me.

Also, do we have any feats for Willow with major magical defences? She amped herself fighting Buffy, but what about general fire, telekinesis etc? Harry has his shield bracelet, but I've never seen Willow do anything similar. Not sure how much damage Willow can take here.
    Buy or download my first self published comic, Taking Flight!
    Available at www.laseragecomics.co.uk

BANNED

Who's Bruce?

When the two Meet... The MunchKING's Avatar
    The Barracks Of the Paladins of The Eastern Order

She gets her head chopped off with an anti-magic sword the FIRST time she shreds a guy with magic.

Veteran Member

She is powerful enough to get the attention of the movers and shakers.

And, depending on the point in the timeline for her, foolish enough to make a deal with any of the many factions that result in Bad End Times.

She's going to need to make some powerful friends if she wants to accomplish what Harry and his friends did at the end of "Changes". Assuming she has any reason to seek out the Red Court..which I guess she probably won't since she has no daughter to kidnap. I guess if you still wanted events to happen somewhat the same you could have it as the child/grandchild of a council member is kidnapped by the Red Court and Willow has some personal stake in saving this child.

This thread just reminded me the latest book just came out. My friend should be bringing it for me to read in the next hour.

EDIT: Got it early..just read the first chapter. Poor Harry..Mab is the worst physical therapist ever. Damn it's hard to stop reading..been waiting for this for a long time.
    Last edited by Surtur; 11-28-2012 at 07:29 AM.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

Veteran Member

Oh, the latest book is out? Thanks for this thread, then?

But, yeah, without Harry's connections, she's pretty much screwed.

Senior Member greatmetropolitan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Surtur View Post
    She's going to need to make some powerful friends if she wants to accomplish what Harry and his friends did at the end of "Changes". Assuming she has any reason to seek out the Red Court..which I guess she probably won't since she has no daughter to kidnap. I guess if you still wanted events to happen somewhat the same you could have it as the child/grandchild of a council member is kidnapped by the Red Court and Willow has some personal stake in saving this child.

This thread just reminded me the latest book just came out. My friend should be bringing it for me to read in the next hour.

EDIT: Got it early..just read the first chapter. Poor Harry..Mab is the worst physical therapist ever. Damn it's hard to stop reading..been waiting for this for a long time.
    I just started it this morning, on chapter 5. I've been waiting for this one for a long time too, really love the DF novels. Also, screw living in Winter. Just screw that.
    Buy or download my first self published comic, Taking Flight!
    Available at www.laseragecomics.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by abmccray View Post
    Oh, the latest book is out? Thanks for this thread, then?

Yep, I won't spoil much, but let us just say some pretty cool things are revealed(I'm not even finished yet, about 3/4 the way through). Some of them..it's hard to think how you didn't see them coming before.

Though people looking for spoilers can find them in a thread in the book forum.
    Last edited by Surtur; 11-29-2012 at 07:05 AM.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

Quote Originally Posted by abmccray View Post
    As of Cold Days, dear God this.

Quote Originally Posted by The Once And Forever View Post
    As of Cold Days, dear God this.
    I agree, totally. Finished book, still rereading it. Hard to put down.
    • Running on Adrenaline and Sheer Willpower.
    • Trying to Stay Sane in an Insane World.
    • Why Should Time Have Wings and Not I?
    • Born in Wrong Comic Book Universe

Willow taking Molly's place might be interesting, for awhile. But even then she's screwed, might not even survive to the end of Ghost Story.

She totally bones the lady cop.
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

Status Quo Cowards Thanos Classic's Avatar

Yeah, I made the thread because the new Book came out. I have it but haven't started reading it yet due to lack of time to sit downand enjoy it in one sitting. That's the only way I read!

As for willow, couldn't she do pretty well considering she could power-drain wizards? She'd do pretty awful if it came to dealing with Marciano or taking on vamp unprepped, but otherwise she's got the tools and 'I'll loose it" personality to turn to the dark-side fabolously...
    Batman should call Superman or Wonderwoman to put an end to Crime in Gotham Forever. It'd only take about 3 minutes...

Quote Originally Posted by Becoming An Anthropologist View Post
    Yeah, I made the thread because the new Book came out. I have it but haven't started reading it yet due to lack of time to sit downand enjoy it in one sitting. That's the only way I read!

As for willow, couldn't she do pretty well considering she could power-drain wizards? She'd do pretty awful if it came to dealing with Marciano or taking on vamp unprepped, but otherwise she's got the tools and 'I'll loose it" personality to turn to the dark-side fabolously...
    Depending on the availability of the White council, once she started doing things like that she would end up on the wrong end of a Warden's sword. It's just one of her verses many of equal or greater power. The Blackstaff alone could take her without even being nearby.