Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default The Skrull Empire vs The Jedi (movie & Comic)

So Basically
    These guys
    these two groups meet in battle who would win? either k.o or kills
    who takes it?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails tumblr_mcc6h06qL21rqa6teo1_500.jpg   Skrll.jpg  

DOOM DEMANDS MORE NACHOS!

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDynamite View Post
    So Basically
    These guys
    these two groups meet in battle who would win? either k.o or kills
    who takes it?
    Pretty sure that the invisible, flying, nova-flame blasting, forcefielded, class 90 superstrong shapeshifting guy with AoE's, unbreakable forcefields that he can explode in people's brains, et. al., solos this quite trivially.

Step 1: Invisible plus airborne. Jedi don't know where he is for force nonsense, even if it would work.
    Step 2: Invisible forcefield blades sweep out at multiple heights. Jedi are killed, remainder are in disarray
    Step 3: Jedi are surrounded in one forcefield, flying Klr't leaves a little hole. Jedi are stuck.
    Step 4. Nova flame into the hole. Jedi are BBQ'd.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Pretty sure that the invisible, flying, nova-flame blasting, forcefielded, class 90 superstrong shapeshifting guy with AoE's, unbreakable forcefields that he can explode in people's brains, et. al., solos this quite trivially.
    How is the Superskrull against telepathy?

Because it might not change much for the fight overall (LOTS more Skrulls than there have ever been Jedi), but there are a number of relatively potent Jedi telepaths.

The entire Skrull Empire is apparently here so..I'm guessing telepathy isn't going to matter much. You'd need some of the uber space fleets and weapons from the SWU for them to stand any semblance of a chance.

Though IIRC I've heard feats of Invisible Woman somehow shielding herself from telepathy...so SS might be able to.
    Last edited by Surtur; 11-28-2012 at 07:22 AM.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Surtur View Post
    The entire Skrull Empire is apparently here so..I'm guessing telepathy isn't going to matter much. You'd need some of the uber space fleets and weapons from the SWU for them to stand any semblance of a chance.
    Query made exclusively in regards to the Superskrull soloing all Jedi ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Estrecca View Post
    Query made exclusively in regards to the Superskrull soloing all Jedi ever.
    Well, is there a method of combining telepathic might? I know Sith Lords have the group "thought bomb" thing they can do so maybe Jedi can do something similar. If SS could fight off one potent telepath he probably couldn't resist all the potent ones focusing on him.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Surtur View Post
    Well, is there a method of combining telepathic might?
    Jedi Battle Meditation can be multi-cast.

As for the thought bomb, that has absolutely nothing to do with telepathy. It is more like an AoE soul-rip or something. Very weird.

Some Sith and Jedi have flat-out mindcontrolled tens of thousands of people at once. Barring some excellent willpower feats, they don't need to combine their efforts.

(Well, those are from books, not comics or movies and the characters in question aren't in that picture, so there is that.)
    Suffering is a fact of life. You survive if you find a reason to endure it.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    Some Sith and Jedi have flat-out mindcontrolled tens of thousands of people at once. Barring some excellent willpower feats, they don't need to combine their efforts.
    Actually, Exar Kun also did it in his comic.

Though he was a Sith by then, of course.

(Well, those are from books, not comics or movies and the characters in question aren't in that picture, so there is that.)
    Which ones did the thousands of people thing, just out of curiosity? Jacen or Exar Kun maybe? I remember Kun doing something like that.

Jacen was doing stuff like turning an entire Star Destroyer crew into fanatics while also maintaining Battle Meditation over an entire fleet. (And also driving that fleet into a frenzy, though admittedly one they could recover from if someone made them rethink what they were doing.)

Joruus C'Baoth was also able to mindcontrol the entire crew of the Chimera (and possibly the other vessels of Thrawn's fleet, though that's never stated), albeit he had had several occasions to use his battle meditation on them and it was specifically stated that he found it easier to do it every time.

Actually, Exar Kun also did it in his comic.

Though he was a Sith by then, of course.
    Fair enough. I haven't actually read the comics.

Veteran Member

Fair enough. I haven't actually read the comics.

And that's one BIG chamber. Larger by far than the prequel period Galactic Senate.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

And that's one BIG chamber. Larger by far than the prequel period Galactic Senate.
    Technically speaking, wasn't Exar Kun amped by his Sith Amulet when he did that?

I mean, it's standard equipment for him but I don't believe that that level of power is intrinsic to him.

I really should by the Old Republic comics...
    Nik Hasta: "I'm not a ninja dammit!"

Respect the Mamudo Children!
    Follow me on Tumblr!

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Technically speaking, wasn't Exar Kun amped by his Sith Amulet when he did that?
    Ayup.

I mean, it's standard equipment for him but I don't believe that that level of power is intrinsic to him.
    All the old school Sith needed machinery or talismans to do their really heavy lifting.

Naga Sadow wasn't personally stronger than a prequel era Jedi.

But give him his meditation sphere and presto solid illusions that cannot be penetrated by telepathy all over the fucking galaxy.