Junior Member UltimateMarvel_Fan501's Avatar

Default Wishful Thinking: Ultimate Peter Parker

How many of you would want to see a mini titled "What if? Ultimate Peter Parker hadn't died". It would chronicle his rise to the greatest hero of all time and get to see him meet his full potential. A hopeless fantasy, yes, but would anyone else read it?

If it were a simple What-If one shot or 4 part sure. It would also be nice if Bendis and Bagley did it as a sort of homage. That would be fun.

But at the same time I could see certain fans wanting it to become what really happened and just have Marvel get rid of everything post Death of Spider-Man.
    Pull: Avengers, New Avengers, Mighty Avengers, Captain America, Superior Spider-Man, Superior S.M.T.U, Ultimate Universe, Chew, Invincible, Batman & Smallville.

Junior Member UltimateMarvel_Fan501's Avatar

I could see people wanting it to be permanent, but I would prefer to see a short mini, that has a nice resolution to it. I'd like to see Bendis flesh out some of the ideas he had for Peter before they decided to kill him off, but I think what they have going with Miles is too good to let go. That said, Ultimate Peter Parker is still my favorite comics character

On Vacation

The easiest way this could have been done is if they actually made an Ultimate Spiderman cartoon that was faithful to the comics instead of the crap the we have now. Still I hope there is a chance for a Miles Morales cartoon.

I'd definitely read that, but it's too soon.

i personally really enjoy the What if type stories. i say bring it. :)

True Superior Spider-Man Kurolegacy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sage6paths View Post
    The easiest way this could have been done is if they actually made an Ultimate Spiderman cartoon that was faithful to the comics instead of the crap the we have now. Still I hope there is a chance for a Miles Morales cartoon.
    Well Miles does exist in the cartoon and is a student at Peter's school. It was used as a joke that readers of the comics would get so I don't know if he'd ever show up for real or if it was just there for the comic readers.
    Holding out for a Peter/Miles team up.

It's hard to say, because each time a What If...? issue comes out a new Earth is born in the Marvel Multiverse, and that would mean that there would be another Ultimate Universe out there that would actually come off as the REAL one since everything we've gotten since Peter Parker died, or heck, even Ultimatum, is something that we would normally see in an alternate future or something... The What If issue would be the light and cheery continuation of what the Ultimate Universe originally was.
    All-New Ultimates Earth 2 Harley Quinn Injustice Invincible Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man Real Heroes The Walking Dead Ultimate FF

"Eh, What's up Doc?" Spider-Frog's Avatar

Wow, this is a conundrum. My first thought is no, I want him back in the UU where he belongs. But, Then my second thought is that if Marvel were to come out with a Mini-Peter; 'Testing the Water'; So to speak, And no one buys it, Marvel might think we've all forgotten Poor'LiL'Petey.

Decisions, Decisions, Play the "Game of Life" by Milton Bradley.

The only thing wrong with that is this: Isn't the Ultimate U basically one huge what if story anyway? It's come a long way.. and this version of the Marvel Universe actually matters now, but you gotta remember, this is an alternate storyline. When you ask "What if Ultimate Peter Parker hadn't died?", I think for a second and then I go check Wikipedia to get a general idea of what's what.. and I come up with an answer: start Amazing Spider-Man around issue 100 or so and there ya go. Or start right now.. it doesn't matter. The story of what would happen if Ultimate Peter didn't die was being told decades before he existed.. decades before most of us existed!

His death was one of the greatest comic events I've ever read and at the same time the comic event I least wanted to happen. I love the character and to be fair, I'd probably really enjoy seeing some untold tales of Peter in the UU.. but guys you really need to think about what you're saying when you criticize that death. We got to read an incredible story about an amazing character. If you read Spider-Men you saw the thing about how people all over NYC are wearing little spider things to remember Peter. The entire first 11 or so years of the UU was a huge build up to the best tribute to any super hero that's ever been done. Why would you ever want to undo that?

^ That gets my approval :)

Quote Originally Posted by Trallis View Post
    The only thing wrong with that is this: Isn't the Ultimate U basically one huge what if story anyway? It's come a long way.. and this version of the Marvel Universe actually matters now, but you gotta remember, this is an alternate storyline. When you ask "What if Ultimate Peter Parker hadn't died?", I think for a second and then I go check Wikipedia to get a general idea of what's what.. and I come up with an answer: start Amazing Spider-Man around issue 100 or so and there ya go. Or start right now.. it doesn't matter. The story of what would happen if Ultimate Peter didn't die was being told decades before he existed.. decades before most of us existed!

His death was one of the greatest comic events I've ever read and at the same time the comic event I least wanted to happen. I love the character and to be fair, I'd probably really enjoy seeing some untold tales of Peter in the UU.. but guys you really need to think about what you're saying when you criticize that death. We got to read an incredible story about an amazing character. If you read Spider-Men you saw the thing about how people all over NYC are wearing little spider things to remember Peter. The entire first 11 or so years of the UU was a huge build up to the best tribute to any super hero that's ever been done. Why would you ever want to undo that?
    I agree with this. Ultimate Peter may very well have been one of the most well-liked comic book characters ever, and that added to the story of his death. I, for one, loved the Death of Spider-Man and even though I would have liked to see Peter NOT die, I found it to be a very satisfying end to his story.
    All-New Ultimates Earth 2 Harley Quinn Injustice Invincible Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man Real Heroes The Walking Dead Ultimate FF

Quote Originally Posted by Balfro View Post
    I agree with this. Ultimate Peter may very well have been one of the most well-liked comic book characters ever, and that added to the story of his death. I, for one, loved the Death of Spider-Man and even though I would have liked to see Peter NOT die, I found it to be a very satisfying end to his story.
    Hear, hear.

I didn't think DoSM was great, so Peter coming back to me wouldn't ruin any feelings of a "complete" story. Seriously the Ultimates wandering off and not helping and Johnny and Bobby going down like chumps threw the whole thing off for me. I didn't hate the story, but it wasn't my favorite USM by any means either.
    1) Find a bad guy
    2) Be Wolverine
    Bring Back Ultimate Wolverine...again!