Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Aunt May as the Golden Oldie would have to be referenced at least three times a year.
    Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself.

I'd reveal that Felicia Hardy was Mystique all along and that she killed her around the time of her first appearance.

The existance of Mary Jane. She is nothing more then a Sucubus for the old gods that tricked her"aunt" into meeting Peter and all the other heroes, and slowly puting seeds of mistrust in orderto have them start fighting each other inorder to feed off thier energies.

So MJ is responable for, Armour wars, CW, SI, the Segie and FI
    Last edited by DeadXMan; 11-28-2012 at 03:12 PM.
    Cyclops ad portas

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    I'd reveal that Felicia Hardy was Mystique all along and that she killed her around the time of her first appearance.
    See that's what I'm talking about people. Go crazy with this stuff.
    Cyclops was right.

I'd restore Flash Thompson's Vietnam war history.
    Of course, I'd have to make him and Peter well into their 50s to make that work...
    'The marquis. Well, you know, to be honest, he seems a little bit dodgy to me.'
    'Mm,' she agreed. 'He's a little bit dodgy in the same way that rats are a little bit covered in fur."

Quote Originally Posted by carabas View Post
    I'd restore Flash Thompson's Vietnam war history.
    Of course, I'd have to make him and Peter well into their 50s to make that work...
    Just do an alternate timeline where Peter and Flash are in their late 60's, provided that we're talking about the old gang of 1962.

Just do an alternate timeline where Peter and Flash are in their late 60's, provided that we're talking about the old gang of 1962.
    Nah, I'm editor in chief, and I hate alternate timelines.

Hmm. Guess I'll just hav to bring back Spider-girl. Of course, that would mean I'd have to scratch OMD/OMIT/whatever it is called now and have Peter and MJ grow old happily together.
    'Mm,' she agreed. 'He's a little bit dodgy in the same way that rats are a little bit covered in fur."

Quote Originally Posted by carabas View Post
    Nah, I'm editor in chief, and I hate alternate timelines.

Hmm. Guess I'll just have to bring back Spider-girl. Of course, that would mean I'd have to scratch OMD/OMIT/whatever it is called now and have Peter and MJ grow old happily together.
    Prior to DC's new 52, they used to allow the writers to creates stories from alternate timelines all the time. There is nothing wrong with a writer using an alternate timeline to tell a story that they might not be allowed to write about in Earth-616, like Marvel Zombies. Although, I would use an alternate timeline as a plot device to create a better story by bringing certain characters and scenes together..

Alternate timelines could be very confusing to a lot of people. Especially those who want to keep things simple for easy access. But easy access can also restrict a writer's ability to tell his story the he wants to.
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 11-28-2012 at 08:06 PM.

Prior to DC's new 52, they used to allow the writers to creates stories from alternate timelines all the time. There is nothing wrong with a writer using an alternate timeline to tell a story that they might not be allowed to write about in Earth-616, like Marvel Zombies. Although, I would use an alternate timeline as a plot device to create a better story by bringing certain characters and scenes together...
    I love out-of-continuity stories. Like Marvel Zombies or Nextwave (well, it was until some dumbass decided to plonk it into 616), Kingdom Come, The Punisher Kills The Marvel Universe...

I very much dislike taking those tales and forcing them into some form of canon, making them paralel worldfs that one can tarvel to and cross over with.

Now, proper science fiction universes do have alternate dimensions and paralel timelines and the like, but I would just cram every non-fitting story into my multiverse and call it Earth 61616 o whatever. That's just sloppy.

My previous answer was mild, my real answer, what I will really retcon if I was E.I.C
    The whole existence of the character, everything about him, his costumes, his dealings with other characters, his supporting cast members, and his rogues gallery
    Only Kingpin will stay cause he's the arch-enemy of DareDevil, and his interaction with Spider-Man will be wiped out
    Every world, every reality, every mind will forget the name Spider-Man and everything to do with him
    Blogger

I am obsessed with the idea of completely erasing Spider-Man from every Marvel continuity

Sins Past and Death of Gwen Stacy.
    Jean Grey, Gwen Stacy, Professor X, Mar-Vell, Richard Rider, Kid Loki- Bring Them Back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Sins Past and Death of Gwen Stacy.
    Death of Gwen...why? What could possibly be gained by retcon-ing that story?

...Well, "retcon-ing it again", I should say.

Quote Originally Posted by E. Wilson View Post
    Death of Gwen...why? What could possibly be gained by retcon-ing that story?

...Well, "retcon-ing it again", I should say.
    Great stories. She was Peter Parker's true love and stories would be more interesting with her in it. She is Peter's intellectual equal (unlike Mary Jane) and could help him build his gadgets or give him intel.
    Jean Grey, Gwen Stacy, Professor X, Mar-Vell, Richard Rider, Kid Loki- Bring Them Back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Great stories. She was Peter Parker's true love and stories would be more interesting with her in it.
    Or she'd be written out of the title just like every other serious relationship Peter has eventually is?

She is Peter's intellectual equal (unlike Mary Jane) and could help him build his gadgets or give him intel.
    That's a mighty big stretch, considering all we really know is that she was also a science major. We don't know her intellect in relation to Peter's, nor do we know what she planned to do with her degree to begin with. And Peter just recently dated a girl with a science-oriented major who gave him intel, and we all saw how that worked out.

I'd retcon out the radioactive spider bit. Peter is clearly the son of Zeus.